• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sequel already in work?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If that is true, this is my reaction
gyhujss_zpsc0541410.png

chocolatepanda

Anyway, I had thought that due to low sales, DmC was over and done with. This gives me a lot of hope. ^_^
It was the top selling game in Japan on its 1st week. Although it only sold half as many copies in DMC 4 thats not bad considering it was made for to have a western appeal.

Roxas

Don't get me wrong, but I am certainly praying for them to hire better writers so we don't get as many plotholes. And I'm totally happy that they are doing a sequel.

Mystiq Doom

Yea, for as much as the bad, corny lines (Which I think were on purpose because, you know, THAT'S DEVIL MAY CRY) there was a lot of writing in the game that was very subtle and nuanced. As a writer, I can say there is writing in the game that I can definitely appreciate. I'd certainly pen some things differently but it's not bad.

Downfall

Yea, for as much as the bad, corny lines (Which I think were on purpose because, you know, THAT'S DEVIL MAY CRY) there was a lot of writing in the game that was very subtle and nuanced. As a writer, I can say there is writing in the game that I can definitely appreciate. I'd certainly pen some things differently but it's not bad.

That's good to hear. I also enjoy writing (but am far from being anything even resembling a ''writer''), so, I also recognize a few of the nuances as well (the speech in one of the last trailers where Vergil tells Dante he has to ''put his complete trust in him'' comes to mind -- a pity it was somewhat marred by the echo effect in the final product).

For the record, I read much more than I write -- however, it's still a fundamental building block when comparing other authors' works to your own.

ChaserTech

I'm alright with the sequel. Just as long as it continuously gets better, then I'm fine with it.

I just want them to change gameplay mechanics though. I'm still not too fond of them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sequel! Woot! Ha ha, this is gonna be great!

I was hoping it wasn't gonna go the way of Splatterhouse, with a sequel hook and no sequel!

wwinterj

I don't mind this but also want them to make DMC 5. Either way I think this will be on next gen consoles if true although I hope it will be on current gen as I don't want to buy a next gen console just to play a sequel of a reboot if that makes sense.
Sure I'll buy next gen consoles at some point but not right away.

Top Bottom