• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Seperate controls for Dante and Vergil?

BananaPie

So the Steam version of the game doesn't let you bind gun special and devil trigger, so i've had to go into the config file and change it myself. But I cannot make a seperate set of configurations for Vergil.

So my config for Dante is
Square/X= Light Attack
L2/LBumper=Shoot
Dpad Down=DT
Triangle/Y=Gunspecial
and removed Dodge 2

Now this heavily conflicts with Vergil's actions since these Dante's controls carry onto Vergil's. So now I can't Delay my Doppelganger and perform Trick Up. So is there any way to make seperate controls configs for each character?

Just make two files, and just swap them when you play with vergil and when you play with dante. That's what i do.

For Dante

GUNSPECIAL=NTB_RIGHT_SHOULDER
DEVILTRIGGER=DPADDOWN

For Vergil
DEVILTRIGGER=NTB_DPADDOWN
DOPPELGANGER_TOGGLE_DELAY=NTB_RIGHT_STICK
CENTRE_CAMERA=NTB_V_GAME3 (Ie, both sticks at once center camera)

After making changes make them read only. And then just make two folders in your mygames/unrealengine3/devilgame/config folders, one named Dante, and the other Vergil. Then when you want to play with Vergil just copy paste the file his folder into config folder, and when you want to play as Dante copy paste from his folder into config folder.

So, you'll have three devilinput.ini files, one in main folder, one in dante's folder, and one in vergil's folder.

The one in main folder will reflect whichever controls you want at that time. You'll just have to copy paste over it with whoever you plan on using during that gaming session.

Top Bottom