• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

See you on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know, I've been a member here for just over four years. I've tried to be as nice as I possibly could be to everyone. Always welcomed new people here. Always helped people out as much as I could. Always told everyone how much I value and appreciate them. Always tried to do my bit here just to be a nice guy.

And that's how 'most' of you saw me, as an okay guy. But a lot of you think differently of me. Some of you jump down my throat for TRYING to be a nice guy. I elaborate on points about things, but that's not okay? We all do it here, it's called a forum.

I can't stand how some of you look down on me. You quite frankly view me as the dirt on your shoe. When all I am trying to do is be nice to you and help you. I don't want to 'call' anyone out on this. Besides, you all probably know who you are anyway. All I'm going to say is thank you. Thank you for not letting me just say what I think and making my time here miserably for the last few months. Since I've come back there's been nothing but people telling me I should act this way and that way and that I'm an annoying person. Most of you lot said I was a nice person when you first started to get to know me. And I fail to see how I've done anything differently to change your minds. I feel it's you who has changed, and I feel it's you that needs to act differently.

Anyway, I can't honestly be dealing with much of it any more. Like last time I took a much needed break from here. I'll be doing the same again. Maybe give some of you time to think about how hurt I am with what you've said to me and the way in which you view me. I'm human and I have my opinion also. I never even say my opinion is the best or try and post it like fact. I post what I believe and what I feel and I post things that I know are true. I don't make things up to fit my opinion or try to get everyone to think like me. I know everyone has the right to think how they so wish, I would never ever try to change people's minds to my way of thinking.

So cheers, it's nice to know how little I am actually valued as a person and as a member here. We as humans are all equal, so you may think "Who cares that he's taking a break?" or whatever else. But if we are all equal, it means we should all respect each others feelings. And a lot of you haven't respected my feelings and you have honestly hurt me quite a lot. I can talk to anyone here in a friendly manner. I always do with every member and every member of staff. So once again, those who have a problem with me, actually think as to why you do have one. Because I honestly don't get it, and you're making me feel like I'm not even welcome here any more.

And it's also nice to see my threads constantly getting closed. Just like in the past, when all I wanted to do was talk about things. I don't think I run this place. The staff members do. I know that and I respect that. I don't see why some of you think I take the law into my own hands. I just try to make sure everyone is having a good time and is getting along as much as they can with one another so that it does not affect how anyone else is feeling on here. I'm not trying to play God or run this place, because I honestly couldn't. The staff members, they do a hard job. So please stop thinking that I think I'm some sort of leader, it honestly sickens me. I don't think anyone should expect anything or deserve anything for being nice here. I just think it's right if those who are being nice and are behaving themselves are treated with some respect, as an oppose to be treated with negativity.

So for the record, I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I know I talk to a lot of people and say "Make sure you ignore so and so if you don't get along". But that is because I care about them and don't want to see them get into any kind of trouble. That's just me looking out for people. It's nice to care for others and make sure they don't get into trouble. It'd be nice if someone was watching my back when I might need some help or advice. But I don't mind if I don't get that, it's not going to hurt me. I'd rather help others than be helped myself.

To those who can understand me and how I am, and don't hate me for being me, thank you. You're the ones that I know I can talk to without thinking "Oh god, I hope I haven't said the wrong thing". Why should I have to tip toe around people? Your problems with me are your problems. If you can't change them, then that's how it is. But don't think you should make me feel bad about being here, when I know I'm just trying to be friendly. Because that's when you start to hurt my feelings, and I don't think that's fair because I don't do the same to you.

So from the end of today, I'll be taking a break. Might be about a week or so. I just honestly want some members here to change their view of me. Since they use to have a different view of me, but now they're just making me feel unwelcome here and I don't like that.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
:(
I dunno what's been going on but if you need a break.....take care LoD. See you soon, don't forget there are members out there who think you rock! (and that's what's important! :D)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
ah man lod don't let whoever has said you are a bad person to get you down. you are one of the nicest people i know on this forum, and i remember when i first started this forum a couple of months ago and you were there to help me out, and you were super friendly! i consider you a definite friend, and a great addition to this forum! i hope your break is pleasant and we hope to see you back here soon :)

Lithyia

The Last Goodbye~
I know I'm out of the loop but I'm sorry to hear all this >< I believe we talked a few times the last time I was actively here and thought you were pretty chill. Hope you return to the forums again soon. : (

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Wow, I had no idea people thought that way about you. I think you're an awesome person and a great friend; I've known you pretty much since you first joined here. If you need some time off, go ahead and take it. Us who like you will be waiting for you :).

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
oh no....LoD i'm so sorry that you've been hurt like this. I would've paid more attention and tried to help out if I knew...I'm going to miss you again my brother....I will see you on the other side....we NEED another form of communication my friend....

Meg

Well I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but making a thread about how mean to you other people are is kinda ridiculous. Especially since, yeah, those people do know who they are. You put all the blame on those people assuming that you did nothing wrong. That's what's wrong. Oh sure, sometimes people are just stupid, but to dismiss everything they say as just them being mean is just...wow. And the fact that you are leaving to give those people a chance to realize how much they hurt you and change is just...wow.

I'm going to be really honest with you here, LoD, and I don't care how unpopular this makes me, it needs to be said: you creep me out. At first I thought you were nice and would go to you for advice, as you know. Then you started valuing me waaaaay to much. You would talk about how much you love me as a friend and how we will always be friends no matter what. How even if I hated you, you would always love me and be there for me. You even asked me for some very personal information. I got really creeped out and tried to get away from you, but you got all upset about it and said things that made me feel like dirt, so I apologized. Soon after I just couldn't take it anymore and ignored you outright. So I hurt your feelings by doing so, I get it, but why should I sacrifice my feelings for the feelings of some guy on the net I don't know who creeps me out? Why am I the one that's wrong because I want to get away from someone that makes me uncomfortable?

I thanked the Heavens for the privacy settings available here so you can't talk to me anymore. Heck, the thought of you being able to contact me in some way makes me nausea. You disturbed me so much I started to fear for my safety and wellbeing. Maybe you meant nothing by it. Maybe you were just trying to be nice, but either way you crossed way over the line into "creepy" territory. So don't blame me.

If you do decide to come back, don't expect me to welcome you with open arms. Don't expect me to welcome you at all. I do forgive you, but for the sake of my sanity I can't go back to being your buddy. You are right; I did change since we first started talking. I gained the courage I needed to say no to people like you: people who would try to make me feel guilty for feeling uncomfortable. It isn't my fault. While I don't know who else on here has hurt you or in what ways, I hope you can find it in your heart to not blame them completely and forgive them.

I say this next bit without a hint of sarcasm or spite; best of luck with your child. I hope you have a good life and find true happiness. I wish that for everyone, but especially for you because goodness knows you deserve it. Don't let ruined forum relationships keep you from enjoying your life and loving and being loved by others. There are plenty of people out there that care about you, even if you don't know it yet. Just like how there are plenty of people out there in need of your love, which I'm sure you will give.

Come back when you are ready.

Sincerely,
Meg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sorry to hear you've had rough times here on the forums. Remember just because your on forums doesn't mean you have to talk to everyone on said forums just talk to people who are your friends. It makes life simple. But nevertheless, good luck dude. ^_^

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Nigahiga's music video "Nice Guy". Meg you're comment had so much revelations that it could rival Assassin's Creed Revelations. Sayonara, LordOfDarkness, even tough you're long post about you're feelings could of been shorter.

Meg

Nigahiga's music video "Nice Guy". Meg you're comment had so much revelations that it could rival Assassin's Creed Revelations. Sayonara, LordOfDarkness, even tough you're long post about you're feelings could of been shorter.
Is that sarcasm? Apparently ACR doesn't have many revelations. :eek:

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Is that sarcasm? Apparently ACR doesn't have many revelations. :eek:
Technically yes, since you remind me that the game did'nt have many revelations. What I really meant is that you made me see LordOfDarkness in a new light.

Meg

Technically yes, since you remind me that the game did'nt have many revelations. What I really meant is that you made me see LordOfDarkness in a new light.
:eek:!! Darn it I hoped the rumors were false. XD *hasn't finished ACR yet*

And that wasn't my intent. O_O

Asmodaius

Whauw Meg, that was a really bitchy post and totally unnecessary.
Such things should be kept in private, not posted for everyone to see. We don't care how you feel about LoD, and to make such a statement for everyone to read... that's just cruel.

You really should start to adjust your attitude on here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No, fair enough. I didn't expect you to think any differently about me. I don't want to have you back as my friend, if you don't want to have me as yours. There's no point. Even when I made the effort to change myself. Why should I change? If you won't change and want me as a friend, which you don't, I'm not going to make the effort either.

But know this. I am not a creepy person. The fact that you would think that, is VERY offensive. You belittle my input when I make points. And now it seems you have a little follower. D-Sparda, if you see me in a new light because of what Meg thinks about me, then you should reconsider a lot of things. To change your opinion on someone just because of how someone else feels, is low.

Does it really matter how personal I go? Does it honestly matter? Within all reasons of the law of this World, did I honestly do anything wrong to you Meg? No. You got creeped out. I apologize for this. But if you watch a scary movie and it scares you, is it the movies fault? You spoke to me, and continued to speak to me. Even went back to speaking to me. I was just trying to get in contact with you because I didn't see why we weren't friends. I can understand if I offended you. But to get offended over me wanting to send you a poster. I get it, your details are personal. I get it, you won't tell me. I get it. I told everyone I made Supporters to trust me, and to not give me their password if they didn't feel they wanted to. They always gave me it because they trusted me. What hurt was that I thought me and you were better friends than that. I never got the impression I was creeping you out, so how in any way could I of eased off from coming on too friendly?

All I wanted to do was be your friend, end of story. You don't know me in real life, I know. Hell, I could be any random wacko. But I asked you to see me for who I am on here. I told you to trust me and to believe me. I don't hold it against you that you felt uncomfortable, no. But I don't see why we can't be friends any more. I haven't even came on that strong any more, but we still can't be friends? It seems like you just want to hurt me by acting as if I did something wrong. In actual fact I was unaware my actions were causing you this discomfort, and I would of gladly stopped at any given time.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I'll do my best to be the best I can be. All the best to you too.

Meg

Perhaps I wasn't being that fair to you by not telling you how weirded out I was. I guess it was just to awkward of a thing to try and explain, so I just didn't say a word until it got to be too much. It's true you did back off, but I could tell you still valued me as a friend and that made me question how much you really understood what I was trying to say.

And it does matter how personal you get. I've gone through a lot of crap and have trust issues, (I think I told you about some of that stuff?) I'll admit to that, so some guy I don't know getting personal was just weird. I guess the reason why asking my address seems like no big deal to you because you really didn't mean anything by it, but to someone else, especially someone as paranoid as me, it can be seen as creepy.

Look, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong to not be more upfront and honest with you from the start instead of waiting until it got bad. I hope you realize that I did have legitimate reasons for acting the way I did even though you didn't mean to freak me out. I am willing to put this behind us if you are. I can understand if you would rather I just shut it and never talked to you again, but if you ever want to have a chat then feel free to send me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom