• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"See you next Devil May Cry"...

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
How would you have said it, then?

"See you in the sequel that'll never happen?"
aUrI8iI.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Next Devil May Cry, huh?

Probably DMC: Special Edition or a complete remake of DMC 2, since nobody would even want a Special Edition to that game. I'm just kidding. I'm just saying, another DMC game could be anything. Doesn't mean it'll be DMC 5.

KRSkull

Next Devil May Cry, huh?

Probably DMC: Special Edition or a complete remake of DMC 2, since nobody would even want a Special Edition to that game. I'm just kidding. I'm just saying, another DMC game could be anything. Doesn't mean it'll be DMC 5.

A DMC2 with the mechanic of DMC4 or DmC. That would be awesome.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Everyone laughing as if it's bad English, when it's not - "See you next [circumstance]" with circumstance being either time, or during any other such event, like another game. Literally "See you next game."

l2english.

But hey, cool! Although a lot of games end like that, even if they don't have one planned. Wishful thinking :p /cautiouslyoptimistic

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@TWOxACROSS

I honestly thought it was good ol' engrish up there. I even thought about how it could be corrected (and if it even was correct in the first place) before criticizing it.

Anyway, I didn't know it was referring to an "event" in grammatical terms. I thought it was just a bad way of saying, "see you next time."

It really does come off as engrish though. Almost everyone who hasn't read your post is going to think the same thing, regardless.

Frazz

General gamer
Perhaps what they really mean is "See you (as in goodbye) next DMC". I can't tell of I'm joking or not... Is it my pessimism or realism?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Perhaps what they really mean is "See you (as in goodbye) next DMC". I can't tell of I'm joking or not... Is it my pessimism or realism?
"You'd be surprised how often those two traits coincide."

In any case... yeah, none of us picked up on this. Good call on that one.

Top Bottom