• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SE PC Version & XBox 360 Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfpupNX

Hey all,

Got Devil May Cry 3, and it installs and plays, but the controller scheme for my XBox 360 controller is awful (wants me to use the right joystick for movement). Is there any way to fix this?

Ideally, I'd love to play with the controls as similar to DMC4 as possible... Thanks - hope this problem won't ruin a potentially fun game.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
just go to the options screen it should say gamepad or something like that so that you end up where the controller settings are then modify them i also had ur problem but hope that helps, just ask if u need more help or something

Dark Drakan

Admin
There are also some config programs you can download to set up the controls as far as im aware.

WolfpupNX

I'll have to investigate some programs I guess. Yeah, the GamePad config section allows some customization (buttons), but it oddly doesn't let you change settings for each axis, which is my main problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wish I could help; it's been years since I've used a gamepad on my PC or notebook and I'm pretty out of the loop. +rep to DD and chob101

WolfpupNX

I found out they make an adapter for a PS2 controller to work on a PC, and both the controller and adapter are fairly cheap, so I think I'll give that a try. Couldn't hurt. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

WolfpupNX

As an update, got the PS2 controller plus adapter in the mail. Works fine in Vista 64 (and the driver disc that comes with it actually does work even though it doesn't say Vista compatible). However, in the game, I had the same problem as on the XBox controller, so was pretty bummed.

Then I saw something after a search and looked in the DMC3 program directory. There's actually a gamepad configuration utility in there - ran that, and didn't have initial luck, but then found a setting called reverse. Programmed the buttons, set reverse to on, saved, and now I'm up and running properly. So I'm glad to say I think we've got it solved. Now I just need to make a sheet of the controller so I can see what button is what, as the PC version labels them by number, which is pretty confusing. Either way, looks like I'll be able to play this one after all (and probably could have gotten it working with the 360 controller in retrospect, BUT, I don't regeret having the PS2 controller since that's what the menus and such show).

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Glad you figured it out!;)
As your problem is now solved, there's no reason for the thread to be open, so I'll lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom