• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Same Dante, just younger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Tony;278997 said:
I totally agree with that.
They said the game is about Dante becomes the Dante we know. So I think this means, that he was someone different before.
And reagrding the fact, that he had lost his mother and his Brother (I think he was 8 when that happened)... and his father was gone, dont know where... probably he was living in an orphanage or without a home.
He hates his father, because he think that it was his fault that his mother died, that's a good basics to become a criminal outlaw.
Than he dyed his hair and called himself Tony when he was caught by the Police....
just my fantasy ^^"

(sorry for my bad english)

How long did Sparda lived? And what about mother to the twins, when did she birth them? 2000years ago??? Or are there any explaination for that??

Tony

Demonslayer
no explanation. But I think, that they were born (in DMC3) 17 or 18 years ago. Remember when Trish said to Dante (in DMC): the man who lost his mother and his brother to evil 20 years ago. So it is obvious, that they were born 18 years before DMC3

Sparda was living on earth 2000 years

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Okey, so Sparda lived and died in earth right before the twins was born, and since Dante is half human his body gets older, like humans?

Tony

Demonslayer
I dont know the point in time when he died, but I think that they both knew him, dunno just a feeling

and they are growing older like humans, yes.

RedRose

Kael
icmasticc;276760 said:
There's been some heavy debate on this, so I decided to make a thread to ask a simple question. We've all, no doubt, seen the interview where Alex Jones from Capcom USA said "This is the same Dante, just younger. We're looking at a retelling of his origin story.". Basically, what is everyone's opinion on this statement? What does it mean to you personally?

To me, saying that it's the same Dante and that it's a retelling of his origin story sounds like a DMC 3 remake of sorts. I know there's debate about the words "reboot" and "prequel" being thrown around but think about it. DMC3 is supposed to be Dante's origin story in the main series. Alex Jones says this new game is supposed to be a retelling of his origin story. The keyword here is "retelling". You can't retell something that has never been told before, it's a contradiction. They'll probably never say it, but this game is probably something more along the lines of a re-imagining of DMC3.

I don't think the tower or Arkham will make a return, but this should mean something else. In my opinion, this should confirm that, in this game, Dante is still a half-demon, he is still the son of Sparda, and his brother(Maybe not a twin in this game) is still Vergil. Alex Jones also said something to the effect of the Dante we've seen will not neccesarily be the Dante we play on the screen throughout the entire game. This could be a game that obviously starts way before DMC3 but eventually begins to take cue's from DMC3.

If this is in fact, a retelling, Dante should still have a DT in game which is also debated. His origin story in DMC3 showed us how his DT was awakened. Why should this game, if it is a retelling, be any different? This is just my opinion of course based the wording used by Mr. Jones. What do you guys think?

(advance note: I'm replying off of the very first post so if any of the information i'm talking about has been spoken of in previous posts then i appologise in advance...so don't get mad at me.)

what i think they're going to do is the story way before even dmc3. cause even in 3 there are still some pretty big gaps of dante's past. I read the novels and the mangas as well as play the game and watch the anime and in one of the novels it mentions how dante eventualy gets his prized guns, ebony and ivory cause before he got them all of the other guns he used would jam up on him and break. at this time he didn't even acknowledge himself as Dante cause when his mother died she told him to go into hiding so he was known as Antony "Tony" Redgrave. only when a very close friend and wepons maker died did he call himself dante.

(the reason "art warks" is spelled wrong on dante's guns is because the friend who made them spelled it incorrectly and it was either they couldn't speak very good english or they were as blind as a bat without their glasses and never bothered to fix it...)

now i know lots of you guys out there know about all of this but not every one does, some people just play the game series and don't bother with anything else because they believe that it'll all be explained in the series itself but as we all know DMC is very, very vauge on the details and anyone who can't connect 2 synapses in their brains are pretty much left clueless. i think what ninja theory is trying to do is create actual character development and stitch the seams together so you can get an overall psycological evaluation of how the great mind of dante actualy works because dante is actualy a very complicated character if you really think about it, and the thing that people love in videogames now a days is following the story line of a very complex character. games like assasin's creed, god of war, metal gear solid, resident evil, silent hill. all of these games have several things in common: big ratings, complex characters, and complex story lines.

I'm going to be open minded and give them a chance. i was so narrow and closed minded when dmc4 came out because i didn't like Nero cause i thought he was replacing dante but after i played it i fell in love with it, DMC4 is my favorite game to this day. new outlooks and ideas can either give a series stronger supports or they can crumble the foundation all together. i'm hoping for the latter myself.

Bread99

so its like Silent hill shattered memories ? Because SHSM is a retelling of the first game in the series

RedRose

Kael
moseslmpg;280520 said:
No, it isn't, because it doesn't seem to be retelling of any story we have heard.

exactly it's not retelling 3 at all, it's going way before 3. it's starting from the very begining.

Sone

DUST TO DUST
It's early to speak about 1 trailer, we must wait bigger trailer and some gameplay to speak about game !

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Vergil'sB*tch;282649 said:
I read in a gaming magazine that Dante's style is... (get ready for this)... HEROIN CHIC!

WTF?!

:mad: What? That's just wrong on so many levels!!! :mad:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I read in a gaming magazine that Dante's style is... (get ready for this)... HEROIN CHIC!

WTF?!

WTF indeed. What does Heroin chic even mean?
I thinks it's a butthurt fan that wrote that article. If it's not 'Edward Cullen' then it's 'heroin chic'. Really, people who work with gaming magazines seem to be breaking down what it once meant to be 'professional'. That's a real low blow. That's DANTE they're ragging on there. (insert nasty insult here)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

WTF?!

To hell with that Heroin Chic crap. They better not mess with Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom