• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sales Figures--DmC--Worth the reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Love the game as everyone know... But it really isn't doring that well... Damn it. I just hope the whole franchise dies cuz of Capcom deciding

Amazing fan, keep on supporting

If DMC5 is made by a half-assed team, with no clue on how to make the game like old itsuno's team, with yet another personality change for old Dante, a BS reason to bring Vergil back and EVEN MOAR backtracking.

Man, the tears, they will be delicious. DmC is the best DMC that we can get in this kind of circumstances, and it's a damn good game, stop the hating, you'll regret it.

HatredIsJoy

I don't get this logic. You all know that we "antis" hate DmC. So to us it's either no new DMC games at all or more "DMC" games that we'll probably hate because Ninja Theory are hacks. The series is dead either way, might as well cheer for the outcome that will hurt Capcom and, indirectly, NT.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I don't get this logic. You all know that we "antis" hate DmC. So to us it's either no new DMC games at all or more "DMC" games that we'll hate because Ninja Theory are hacks. The series is dead either way, might as well cheer for the outcome that will hurt Capcom and, indirectly, NT.

That's very defeatist of you. Whiny fanboy logic.

REPORTED.

HatredIsJoy

They made four mediocre-to-bad games in a row. I think that that's enough to call someone a hack.

Sorry for not putting my trust in a company that made a bad reboot of one of my favorite franchises and failed to make even a single good game before that. I totally forgot that that makes me a whiny defeatist fanboy. You people crack me up, really.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
They made four mediocre-to-bad games in a row. I think that that's enough to call someone a hack.

Sorry for not putting my trust in a company that made a bad reboot of one of my favorite franchises and failed to make even a single good game before that. I totally forgot that that makes me a whiny defeatist fanboy. You people crack me up, really.

And you decided to play the victim card? Seems legit.

Please don't shove that in our mouths. Please. I don't think Ninja Theory are hacks. Maybe you are. :p

Meier

Eh, just have fun with it. If its not for you then its not for you, but if it is then it is. Ultimately its a game. Have fun. Frankly I think sweeping statements downplaying DmC are overtly exaggerated, and that Ninja Theory did a fantastic job in making this game, but if you really feel that negative towards DmC then you have HD collection and plenty of other games to wet your thirst.

Desmodeus

They made four mediocre-to-bad games in a row.
Thats also bother me. I mean, prejudice aside, none of NT games sell good. Kung Fu chaos, Heavenly sword, Enslaved - all this games failed in sales, despite the fact that press LOVED them. So why Capcom choose NT for DmC anyway? To company that was unabled to make even one game which sells decent...

HatredIsJoy

I'm not trying to shove anything in your mouth, you kinky boy <3

Don't remember pulling out any victim cards. That was my personal opinion about NT, I think we're allowed to express these on this forum.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Thats also bother me. I mean, prejudice aside, none of NT games sell good. Kung Fu chaos, Heavenly sword, Enslaved - all this games failed in sales, despite the fact that press LOVED them. So why Capcom choose NT for DmC anyway? To company that was unabled to make even one game which sells decent...

Because of the "Go West" suggestion from Keiji Inafune? I mean which Western developer aside from Ninja Theory would do the job?

Darksiders failed in sales, but they managed to make a sequel. Heavenly Sword have sold 1 million, same numbers as Bayonetta. Your point?

Desmodeus

Because of the "Go West" suggestion from Keiji Inafune? I mean which Western developer aside from Ninja Theory would do the job?
Double Helix? Or someone else who hasn't got three commersial failure at row?

Darksiders failed in sales, but they managed to make a sequel. Heavenly Sword have sold 1 million, same numbers as Bayonetta. Your point?
If it sell good - why siquel for HS was cancelled? Maybe it's not question about how many copies was sold, but rather - did it sold enough to cover all money that was put into it and also make some profit. I doubt it. If the game were profittable why sequel for HS was canceled? By the way, Bayonetta 2 was also cancelled. We will have siquel only becose of Nintendo.

And both Darksiders failure kill THQ. Good comparasment)

Martius

SSSmokin!

Keiji Inafune left company after that, sounds legit. Darksiders sales were good for new ip, it was THQ who thought it will sell much more just like Capcom thought about DmC and RE6.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag

Your just a huge DmC Fanboy
REPORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Your just a huge DmC Fanboy
REPORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I'm not a blind hating whiny immature fanboy just like you. Anyways, I just love DmC much as the original games. At least I know that there are flaws and I acknowledge them.

So... who cast the first stone? Yes, I rest my case. So yeah, you're REPORTED for inciting a flame war. Right? So how can I be a fanboy if I'm not a close-minded jerk as any 'anti'?

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
At least I'm not a blind hating whiny immature fanboy just like you. Anyways, I just love DmC much as the original games. At least I know that there are flaws and I acknowledge them.

So... who cast the first stone? Yes, I rest my case.
REPORTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom