• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sales Figures--DmC--Worth the reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
This guy hates, hates, haaaaates periods.

Also, good argument, dude! The dialounge was pretty terrible, huh?

Ass.
You can call it whatever you want but I state facts I like the old DMC story it was mysterious and had you asking questions and wondering compared to ninja theory story of DmC I can tell they didnt do their homework on this game

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
There was no reason for the game to be rebooted the story line is garbage too many cutscenes and just the way it's told is a sad excuse sounds like a bunch of immature kids wrote the dialounge in the game this is the worst DmC game even part 2 is better in my opinion at least they didn't **** up the story like ninja theory and their "legendary" story telling they don't have the resume to even make a DMC game and they just proved it sales suck so if that's not proof enough that this game ain't great then I don't know what more proof ya need

too many cutscenes?? im sorry have you EVER PLAYED ANY GIVEN DMC GAME they are filled to the ****ing bring with cutscenes. like EVERYWHERE! 2nd, the story was poor huh? okay ur opinion, i for one really liked the story and thought it was an interesting take on the demons. you say the sales indicate its poor quality? well if sales=how good a game is why does stuff like marvel vs capcom sell so well and why didn DMC4 do so much better? answer, simple it about marketing and public polls. a good game wont sell if its been slammed since day 1. yet critics are giving the game a thumbs up. it is by no means perfect but it is significantly better than DMC2 &4.

btmudd28

You can call it whatever you want but I state facts I like the old DMC story it was mysterious and had you asking questions and wondering compared to ninja theory story of DmC I can tell they didnt do their homework on this game

Questions? You mean the questions that arise from Nero's very existence? That's not mysterious as much as it's just terrible writing. And what do you mean they didn't do their homework?? This is their story, it's a reboot. They can do whatever they want with it,change whatever characters they want and mold the story however they want. There's no homework to do when you want to write a completely original story. Your ignorance amazes me. And by amazes me, I mean hurts my head. >_<

DankestDarkness

too many cutscenes?? im sorry have you EVER PLAYED ANY GIVEN DMC GAME they are filled to the ******* bring with cutscenes. like EVERYWHERE! 2nd, the story was poor huh? okay ur opinion, i for one really liked the story and thought it was an interesting take on the demons. you say the sales indicate its poor quality? well if sales=how good a game is why does stuff like marvel vs capcom sell so well and why didn DMC4 do so much better? answer, simple it about marketing and public polls. a good game wont sell if its been slammed since day 1. yet critics are giving the game a thumbs up. it is by no means perfect but it is significantly better than DMC2 &4.
Critics are just going to do that cause they getting paid for that none of them don't want to tell their real opinion on the game a good game would sell if it's good not a terrible excuse like this one and dmc4 did about three times better then this one which would make it three times better than this new one and cutscenes aren't in between everything possible in the old dmc games this one had cutscenes in just to have them if you like this story I'm not gonna change your opinion on it but it's just ugly the way it's told everyone is weak but the main character

DankestDarkness

Questions? You mean the questions that arise from Nero's very existence? That's not mysterious as much as it's just terrible writing. And what do you mean they didn't do their homework?? This is their story, it's a reboot. They can do whatever they want with it,change whatever characters they want and mold the story however they want. There's no homework to do when you want to write a completely original story. Your ignorance amazes me. And by amazes me, I mean hurts my head. >_<
That's not all the questions it has people asking your interested in Nero I'm interested in the true story of Sparda what happened between him and Dante that made them rivals/enemies a reboot is not a blank slate to write whatever you want you have to stick to the story but tell it in a different way making certain events that the original didnt do possible or just done ninja theory turned a legend into a scared run away that's great story telling or how a human became a angel and the image of half man half demon turned into half demon half angel that's poor story telling

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Critics are just going to do that cause they getting paid for that none of them don't want to tell their real opinion on the game a good game would sell if it's good not a terrible excuse like this one and dmc4 did about three times better then this one which would make it three times better than this new one and cutscenes aren't in between everything possible in the old dmc games this one had cutscenes in just to have them if you like this story I'm not gonna change your opinion on it but it's just ugly the way it's told everyone is weak but the main character

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yh....no. fraid not, 1st off. paying off critics isnt a thing. like it never has been and probably never will be. perhaps some critics will half ass the job and give something an undeserved good review but thats about it. no company has the resources or the time to pay off every critic in the world. not even capcom. secondly, DmC has received good reviews from critics who have SLAMMED popular games. (including Max Payne 3) stating its their opinion and they really couldnt give a **** if you disagree. DMC4 sold so well because it was hanging on the coat tails of DMC3. we all thought it was going to be an epic tale of Dante passing on the torch, instead of well...DMC4. and im sorry but there was a cutscene everytime the laser grids came up to retrict you and everytime one opened. not to mention everything in between. the game may not have been as cruel as some of the past DMC games but thats about it. the rest is opinion.

Nessy

People defending this game saying it doesn't have too many cutscenes, despite having a bunch of cutscenes mid way through every single level without exception...many of which can not be skipped, and unlike the other DMC games, even the ones that can be skipped you have to watch the first few seconds off...then another cutscene starts immediately after that takes a few seconds to skip, then the next.

And even worse are parts of the game where you just wait, like the start of that level where you have to kill enemies while vergil hacks, that's like 3 minutes of you doing nothing.

DankestDarkness

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yh....no. fraid not, 1st off. paying off critics isnt a thing. like it never has been and probably never will be. perhaps some critics will half ass the job and give something an undeserved good review but thats about it. no company has the resources or the time to pay off every critic in the world. not even capcom. secondly, DmC has received good reviews from critics who have SLAMMED popular games. (including Max Payne 3) stating its their opinion and they really couldnt give a **** if you disagree. DMC4 sold so well because it was hanging on the coat tails of DMC3. we all thought it was going to be an epic tale of Dante passing on the torch, instead of well...DMC4. and im sorry but there was a cutscene everytime the laser grids came up to retrict you and everytime one opened. not to mention everything in between. the game may not have been as cruel as some of the past DMC games but thats about it. the rest is opinion.
You can listen to that but the sad fact that this game was to easy to short and has horrible dialounge color enemies and no bloody palace seems to support it's like the hottest game out sure you can believe it you must like easy and crappy and something that don't get you passed off when you get stuck on a level and how all the bosses are easy and cheap then this is your type of game I have facts you have belief

AlchemistFromEden

You can listen to that but the sad fact that this game was to easy to short and has horrible dialounge color enemies and no bloody palace seems to support it's like the hottest game out sure you can believe it you must like easy and crappy and something that don't get you passed off when you get stuck on a level and how all the bosses are easy and cheap then this is your type of game I have facts you have belief

People defending this game saying it doesn't have too many cutscenes, despite having a bunch of cutscenes mid way through every single level without exception...many of which can not be skipped, and unlike the other DMC games, even the ones that can be skipped you have to watch the first few seconds off...then another cutscene starts immediately after that takes a few seconds to skip, then the next.

And even worse are parts of the game where you just wait, like the start of that level where you have to kill enemies while vergil hacks, that's like 3 minutes of you doing nothing.
-too easy? where's you hell and hell mode gameplay, can't seem to find it under that pile of bullshit you spew
-too short? oh sorry that this game has no backtracking to pad the length and sorry that the game doesn't make you fight the same bosses over and over
-learn how to spell before criticizing DIALOGUE
-bloody palace is FREE dlc that spent the rest of development time making new **** for whiny children like you, but lemme guess its just on disc right? -_-

KaizenShio

CHOO CHHOOOO CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA "My god is that a kitten" -Hits the breaks so hard that the trains starts to derail"............. Thats how i see this thread going

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
-too easy? where's you hell and hell mode gameplay, can't seem to find it under that pile of bullshit you spew
-too short? oh sorry that this game has no backtracking to pad the length and sorry that the game doesn't make you fight the same bosses over and over
-bloody palace is FREE dlc that spent the rest of development time making new **** for whiny children like you, but lemme guess its just on disc right? -_-

for f%^ks sake stop taking your defense for this game so seriously.

You act like its personal when ever someone says anything bad about DmC.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
for f%^ks sake stop taking your defense for this game so seriously.

You act like its personal when ever someone says anything bad about DmC.
_46d9de27f169c79957a39a83cf7cd225_zpsfd47b2ba.gif
sorry, couldn't resist using this .gif for this.

Nessy

You quoted my post without actually responding to anything I said, I am confused.

Either way I am a PC player so I've only had the game a few days, but don't worry I'll be starting HAH soon (have to complete the game on HOH, SOS and nephilim first, and obviously I'm going to play DMD before that as well) so when I complete it in the not too distant future I'll upload a picture for you.

DankestDarkness

Hey I beat hell and hell in less than 6hours I platinum that game in 8 days and what is so hard about putting bloody palace in the game like every other DMC and hey that's still more boss battle action than 6 bosses but no me was complaining when you fought vergil three times In dmc 3 cause it's just cool to fight more powerful demons/ bosses second even dmc 4 had more bosses why don't count the bosses it has 10 bosses not including the times Dante fought the same boss I still have facts over your belief

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Hey I beat hell and hell in less than 6hours I platinum that game in 8 days and what is so hard about putting bloody palace in the game like every other DMC and hey that's still more boss battle action than 6 bosses but no me was complaining when you fought vergil three times In dmc 3 cause it's just cool to fight more powerful demons/ bosses second even dmc 4 had more bosses why don't count the bosses it has 10 bosses not including the times Dante fought the same boss I still have facts over your belief
I think it's trying to communicate, what should we do?
Jokes aside, Bloody palace is coming in.
But, DMC4 had the terrible backtracking, thus making it seem like 10 bosses..even though it's the same bosses, you still can't get over that stupid Backtracking.

DankestDarkness

I think it's trying to communicate, what should we do?
Jokes aside, Bloody palace is coming in.
But, DMC4 had the terrible backtracking, thus making it seem like 10 bosses..even though it's the same bosses, you still can't get over that stupid Backtracking.
I didn't really care about the back tracking and I'm not counting the back tracking bosses dmc 4 has just ten different bosses to fight like I'm just making my point that this DmC ain't no where near as great as the others with facts

AlchemistFromEden

-it was hard putting bloody palace in because they had an extremely technical campaign to polish, and even now, they are polishing and adjusting the game for whiny children like you
-and no, fighting the same boss copy and pasted over and over with no new tactics is not a good design practice AT ALL, especially not in DMC4, where mission 19 was PADDING

Nessy

Things I consider bosses in DMC4, Credo, Agnus, Saviour, Sanctus, Bael/Dagon, Berial and the Echidna

That's 7 as far as I am concerned, and to be honest Saviour didn't work much like a boss until the last phase, the first phase you are climbing around a level fighting enemies and pushing buttons basically (buttons being attacking the blue things on him).

Yes you do first many of the bosses more than once, which I did find fun, but it's still not 10 bosses.

Also the last boss was considerably easier than the rest of them, which I hate.

Oh yeah, and Dante makes 8, even though some parts of that boss fight were ridiculous (shotgun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom