• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour: Devil May Cry 5 to be Announced at E3 2018?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
SoulCalibur 6, Fire Emblem Switch, and DMC5 are all announced in the same year, in a timeline that I exist in.

So, things I've noticed upon careful review of the trailer:

-The art style and urban setting, along with the demons in the beginning fighting police forces looking remarkably like Stygian, has convinced me that either Capcom has incorporated a more urban art style and punk rock aesthetic to create a compromise between fans of DmC and DMC, or took the sequel ideas from DmC2 and incorporated in this game (because this does sound like the post-apocalyptic demon invasion setting that was teased at the end of DmC and and alluded to by a developer Q & A on this forum). I personally really like this, but I hope we see some of the more Gothic environments characteristic to the series...or even some of the Renaissance aesthetic that was in DMC4.

-The anatomy of the characters and grittier look reminds me of the change in art style that Resident Evil underwent for RE7, which I'm certainly in favor for.

-Nero is definitely the main character here (MASSIVE thumbs up from me), and his mannerisms and attire are STRIKINGLY similar to DmC Dante, a far cry from the more rage-filled and hot-blooded Nero we saw in DMC4

-It appears that Devil Bringer has been stolen from him and being used by some hooded figure (which everyone speculates is Vergil, but I have no idea how true that is)

-Nero's grapping mechanics are looking far more like Dante's Angel/Demon grab than the Devil Bringer abilities from DmC

-There's a part of a trailer where Nero activiates something on his arm and freezes a demon in place, with a set of cosmic gears like a clock holding the demon in place, impying a Time Stop mechanic like Witch Time from Bayonetta

-He's running his own demon-hunting business, as the Deadly Fortune novel said he would

-The bespectacled girl (whose teeth and cheeks look VERY strangely rendered on her CG model) appears to be someone who builds Nero's weapons, including his arm, since she states in the trailer: "That's why I built him that well-functioning arm...to kick demon ass!" and "My brilliant, badass work is worth every dime, and you know it!"

-There's a slow-mo shot in the trailer where the Girl catches a flying cigarette in her mouth, which reminds me of Dante catching and putting on his clothes during the opening of DmC

-She isn't the love interest from what I can tell, because when that hooded figure with Devil Bringer turns up in the trailer, Nero shouts: "Kyrie! Get back inside!" (Meaning my girl Kyrie is in the game, and they're still together <3)

-There's a shot in the trailer where Nero is clutching his severed, bleeding arm, with the Hooded Stranger departing victorious with Devil Bringer in hand. This could just be a flashback of the opening of the game...so the premise of the story, for Nero at least, seems to be to get Devil Bringer back. This could also explain the substitute mechanical arm that the Bespectacled Girl has built for him

-The setting is strange---there's some glimpses of city streets and metropolitan advertisement builboards a la Time Square, but there's also stretches of courtyards and chapels seen during the day. This may take place in Fortuna and a handful of other locales, or it's possible that this is all a more modernized version of Fortuna that's shed some of its medieval-centric architecture now that The Order of the Sword isn't in charge

-The music for this game sounds nothing like any of the tracks or themes heard in previous games, having a more techno/electronica tone to it. I did notice the lyric: "Bang, bang, bang, let me be your Devil Trigger", which definitely made me smile. There was some screamo rock playing on stage at the Microsoft Booth when Itsuno walked out, a song I didn't recognize...it may be in the game, so hardcore DMC music enthusiasts shouldn't fret. I just hope they don't go into dubstep overload like they did on several instances in DmC

-Dante riding the Motorcycle reminds me a lot of DMC2, which may clue us in where this game takes place, but that could be a stretch on my part

-Itsuno described this game as "the best game he's ever made, because he made it for [fans]"

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

eabe0b3f0b1370f78f86497c4d508d16.jpg

2d60c0306692c4d16a41c27fc9d69290.jpg

fa9c49e67d9dc168490223365ae0b56a.jpg

eea3705864dcd31163d582d71198d3a4.jpg

17fbaf28f770488c81ccfe813ac85175.jpg

60714ac15296380918fbed45e565a5eb.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, just for the record there are a few rumors we can dispell right now that didn't hold water. For one there is no exclusivity for Sony, it didn't get announce at their conference, it's not the Unreal Engine, it's the RE Engine, which is the RE7 build inhouse engine that they'll be using for RE2 as well, and a lot of the descriptions of the content of the trailer were not true, either.

Anything else?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Holy crap you're right. just mod this skin of Dante with a red shirt, blacker jeans with the boots, and the color of rebellion and its essentially the same thing.
yeah :banghead:

I like the outfit but it's not what i meant when i said "nero should get his own style"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Vergil's been working out...

Demon Calisthenics: Make your arm heavier by tearing off someone else's and then absorbing it into your own. Haha.

Vergil: That's mine, son. (judo chops arm)

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've been thinking. So the rumors said that DMC5 would be announced at the Sony conference, which didn't really go that way, but, hey, what're you gonna do? Anyway, in one of the leaks the descriptions for DMC5 said that Sony would be showcasing a demo for the game. If so we might get to see the game in action tomorrow.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
These are the two things, aside from the actual gameplay, that are keeping me excited about this game.
well they are in love with their RE7 engine, so we probably have to live with awfull facial animation in next few capcom games ^^

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
well they are in love with their RE7 engine

I can see why. Game looks gorgeous as hell, no pun intended. In terms of graphical fidelity, it's off the charts.

The only faces that looked off were Dante's and Nico's, imo. Nero and the old dude were fine.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Microsoft owns the marketing rights, but the game is coming to PS4, and PC, too...
Wait, what? For this game?

Microsoft owns NT but they didn't develop DMC5. Capcom inhouse did. Their logo isn't on any of the material and I'm pretty sure you have to have the logo on the game's website, which they don't.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I can see why. Game looks gorgeous as hell, no pun intended. In terms of graphical fidelity, it's off the charts.

The only faces that looked off were Dante's and Nico's, imo. Nero and the old dude were fine.
now to be honest, I thought faces looked way off in RE7 as well. So it maybe just not the best engine for motion capture.

Top Bottom