• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumors and information about what was planned to be in DMC4 but never happened

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Now from a more logical literary point of view :
It's natural Capcom wants to get rid of Trish and Lady. If we compare Dante with Cobra or James Bond, we know both of them have constantly new sidekicks, who disappear in the end of each story.So, it's not too farfetched to believe that Trish and Lady were "unnaturally" dragged trough anime and DMC4 without being necessary at all; they were just there only to please fans more than anything.They, directly or indirectly, castrate Dante's evolution: for a action hero, it's unpractical to drag a lot of characters with him and, same time, it forbids the introduction of a new character as temporary sidekick or companion. If they were plan to get rid of them two as the rumor says, at least they would got out with meaningful purpose, instead of "throwing them to outer space", while using that to give a kick on Dante's ways of life.This happened in first two novels, so it's not a novelty.
It's seems cold and cruel, but...

Viper

Premium
Dante had temporary sidekicks that weren't hot chicks, that was Patty and depending on your point of view Nero. Morrison replaced Enzo. What Bobby was to Kamiya's Dante, was taken over by Fredi and Cindy... and the role of alcohol drinks at Fredi's place was taken over by strawberry sundae. XD

Lady ain't so much his sidekick, as she is one of the people occasionally bringing work to Mr. My-butt-and-chair-are-in-love, so there is nothing really keeping her from relocating to another part of the world or something, since she usually works alone and is quite successful at it.

Trish on the other hand, while doing traveling on her own, is seemingly tied more to Dante, since he is the first person she made friends with in human world. And she is the only person he actually says he wants to stay. So yeah, there is no one to really replace her. But Dante already has someone of her visage he longs for, his mother, so can one really put Trish in same position and not make it look like a bit too much?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hmm, now that you talk about it, I remember some years ago there was a petition online asking Dante/Trish to divorce and not long before the announcement of DmC , a japanese magazine had a poll going where Dante was placed in the first places as being "good looking, but highly disappointing character" due to be mazakon( in Japan,it's a very bad trait, everybody hates a mazakon. Speculation says it was these factors( among others) which led to a total reboot( this same speculation says this weird pair was one of the greatest reasons why DMC was never so famous and successful in West, making this franchise being coined as kinky.

Viper

Premium
Hmm, now that you talk about it, I remember some years ago there was a petition online asking Dante/Trish to divorce and not long before the announcement of DmC , a japanese magazine had a poll going where Dante was placed in the first places as being "good looking, but highly disappointing character" due to be mazakon( in Japan,it's a very bad trait, everybody hates a mazakon. Speculation says it was these factors( among others) which led to a total reboot( this same speculation says this weird pair was one of the greatest reasons why DMC was never so famous and successful in West, making this franchise being coined as kinky.
*looks up mazakon* Oh...

Mazakon is actually quite hated all over the world. Western people might have a tiny bit of understanding for it when it comes to fictional characters, cause of Oedipus and his importance in literature, but in general a woman likes to be her man's object of devotion, and while any other woman that might try to intrude in her territory can be chased away, his mother was there before and will be there forever, putting the wife into a slippery position if her man is not on her side. Doesn't matter we are talking here about a fictional character, to a fangirl he is still her man.

See also why canon love interests get bashed often in fanfiction, only to be replaced by a man (or a female OC, if the writer feels brave).

Err, I got the feeling DMC was quite successful. Not super successful like CoD or similar, but it still had it's fanbase. DMC2 gave them problems, but that was more from changes they done to Dante, not the fact that he hangs out with his mother's look-alike.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i would just love to know how nero would stop dante if he was in his ultimate dt , would he fight him to keep him busy and appeal to his human side to calm him and bring him back or what. I don't see any way he can defeat him and i don't mean offence to nero or his fans by that i just don't see how he could have done it without a special item or spell to trap him or something

Viper

Premium
i would just love to know how nero would stop dante if he was in his ultimate dt , would he fight him to keep him busy and appeal to his human side to calm him and bring him back or what. I don't see any way he can defeat him and i don't mean offence to nero or his fans by that i just don't see how he could have done it without a special item or spell to trap him or something

Well... and this is just an idea on how I'd do it... With the help of Trish and Lady, he could locate some artifacts that would put Dante into suspended animation, while another one would make his soul enter another dimension that is basically Dante's mind, where he has to pass through certain stages of his life (including player revisiting Temen-ni-gru and Mallet island) to free the human side, where enemies are projections created by the demon side, and even friends should not be trusted. Basically, Hell inside Dante's head.
Maybe inside Nero could be aided by Vergil's soul, something to make a connection between Alighieri and Virgil in Divine Comedy and this situation.

Rochefort

Sleepy Cheese Zombie
This is really interesting. Seeing how Kyrie could've been the villain makes you wonder how Nero will be able to take that news if she stayed as the love interest throughout and revealed somehow in the end. That's be some spicy betrayal.

I also heard a rumor/speculation somewhere that Dante was supposed to traverse through hell in his own campaign, thus acquiring Gilgamesh, Lucifer, and Pandora? If so, I'd love to see Gilgamesh or Lucifer as bosses. The artbook had some really interesting demon designs that were cut off too, just looking at the concept art that didn't make it makes you think of what the different kinds of stuff they planned to put in the game.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
is those rumor or real??
do you guys have any information about this?
10446589_420844084750348_2898703718018562630_n.jpg

10835432_420844098083680_9047227584751809659_o.jpg

Viper

Premium
is those rumor or real??
do you guys have any information about this?
10446589_420844084750348_2898703718018562630_n.jpg

10835432_420844098083680_9047227584751809659_o.jpg
They are called HEADcanons, it's something a fan came up with. It's not true, unless universe feels really trollish and "great minds think alike" rule pops up, making a writer includes it into the script in some future game or other media.

dreadnought_dante

They are called HEADcanons, it's something a fan came up with. It's not true, unless universe feels really trollish and "great minds think alike" rule pops up, making a writer includes it into the script in some future game or other media.
thank you!

KRSkull

I got to be honest here. Kyrie as a villian is the single stupid thing i ever heard.

I think that the whole losing control would work better on Nero since he displayed discomfort with his arm, hiding it from other people and even admitting to Berial that "it drives [him] crazy". It could take over him and he lose control. and trio helps him by making him fight his devil. and after Nero defeat his devil his arm returns to normal.

dreadnought_dante

I got to be honest here. Kyrie as a villian is the single stupid thing i ever heard.

I think that the whole losing control would work better on Nero since he displayed discomfort with his arm, hiding it from other people and even admitting to Berial that "it drives [him] crazy". It could take over him and he lose control. and trio helps him by making him fight his devil. and after Nero defeat his devil his arm returns to normal.
WOW. makes sense actually :D

Viper

Premium

Kyrie as a villain was an idea to get her out of the typical love interest that doesn't do anything but stand there situation we saw million times before. Though some would just use it as a convenient excuse to get rid of her and clear the path for Dante... *cough cough* I'd like her as a villain as result of some higher force, like possession or something. It would bring the hero out of comfort zone of kill evil demons for they don't matter, since she does matter to Nero. And then we can get happy end, cause happy ends are good for you.

It's just one of the ideas...

KRSkull

Kyrie as a villain was an idea to get her out of the typical love interest that doesn't do anything but stand there situation we saw million times before. Though some would just use it as a convenient excuse to get rid of her and clear the path for Dante... *cough cough* I'd like her as a villain as result of some higher force, like possession or something. It would bring the hero out of comfort zone of kill evil demons for they don't matter, since she does matter to Nero. And then we can get happy end, cause happy ends are good for you.

It's just one of the ideas...

It would be just like MGS3.

Viper

Premium
It would be just like MGS3.
You thinking EVA or The Boss?
EVA might have gotten friendly with Snake, but it was pretty clear from the start she played her own game.
The Boss is much closer to it, but she wasn't a love interest, instead she was a substitute mother and representative of old generation, like the entire Cobra team. She had to die for the cycle to continue and to serve as inspiration for everything we saw in Metal Gear series.

With Kyrie I was thinking more like... not her dying in the end, but something that would make Nero and others use more than just brute force for a change, maybe exploration of ancient ruins in search of artifacts that will break the spell or something, try to defeat her in non-lethal way, etc.

KRSkull

You thinking EVA or The Boss?
EVA might have gotten friendly with Snake, but it was pretty clear from the start she played her own game.
The Boss is much closer to it, but she wasn't a love interest, instead she was a substitute mother and representative of old generation, like the entire Cobra team. She had to die for the cycle to continue and to serve as inspiration for everything we saw in Metal Gear series.

With Kyrie I was thinking more like... not her dying in the end, but something that would make Nero and others use more than just brute force for a change, maybe exploration of ancient ruins in search of artifacts that will break the spell or something, try to defeat her in non-lethal way, etc.

No its more like taking The Boss betraying Naked Snake combine it with the Sorrow boss battle.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dante isn't suppose to lose control that's what made him awesome Mabry if it made him more malicious but I can't see him as a mindless berserker like a nobody or a shadow

Top Bottom