• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumor Mill: Activision Takeover?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Rumor has it that Activision want to takeover Rockstar/Take-Two.

Has anyone else hear anything about this?

(Grand Theft Bioshock... thankfully, i'm only joking, just not about the rumor)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Blargh!

Hope it's not true. But I have heard it also. Bf was annoyed about it yesterday, from some game website or other he frequents, possibly 1UP or IGN.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thanks Meg, Rep+

If this happens, i sense the end of GTA. I just hope it stays a rumor and turns out to be completely untrue

V

Oldschool DMC fan
...Or GTA will turn into another WOW only with wheels and guns.

Man, I hate Activision!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
No wonder Activision killed all of their franchises... perhaps it may be a coincidence... or they were planning to do this if take over talks went well

Dark Drakan

Admin
EA tried to take over Take-Two before and it didnt happen and they are bigger than Activision. Activision are just looking at ways to make money after closing down one of their biggest earning franchises by milking it until it was dead. Hope nothing comes of it as Take-Two/Rockstar enjoy their freedom and they have flourished with it and i cant see that changing anytime soon after the success of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption and the upcoming L.A Noire which they are publishing.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Activision taking over Take-Two/Rockstar makes about as much sense as Jack Thompson buying a video game.

I doubt it will happen. Many of Take-Two/Rockstar games are some of the biggest selling games in the industry besides CoD and Halo, so I highly doubt they are in dire needs of money.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
DH hate that Activision want to rule game industry!

DH also hate fact that all the good games DH have are mostly Activision!

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
I'm 100% that take-two/rockstar will not be taken over by activision.
if i am wrong i am going to the corner of my room and probably cry.
maybe the reason why true crime: hong kong was canceled was just to please take-two for their GTA series. (i got this idea from someone else)

Top Bottom