• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Royal Guard

Skallic

I need help with this style. Some guys says this is the best style. But using special move also cause me to take damage when hited. While spaming special move sometimes happens that I dont take damage. If someone can give advise to me please write it here :) Thank you

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I never use this style. It takes a lot skill that I don't have. basicly if I use this style Dante dies in about a minute...if only tried once or twice though. but there has got to be someone here that is good or at least decent with this style. But I'll defently try it some more and see if I can come up with any tips that may help you.

Zany Blac

The royal guard is very difficult to use because you have to memorize the various enemy movements and time the royal block in order to fill the royal guage(Thats if you are talking about DMC 4)

The only thing cool about the royal guard is the dreadnaught armor, but some of the best players in the leaderboard use this style because the royal release ups the stylish meter very quickly.

But imo the swords master and the trickster are the best two style.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah I think you need to have a lot of faith in your ability to nail the royal block with different enemies attacks by pressing it at the exact moment of impact. Seems like one of those things that takes a long time to get the hang of but once you have got it down you are pretty much untouchable.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
(as regards Royal Guard) It is a hard style to get fully to grips with, but patience pays off. Believe me. There's no real advice anyone can give you but to persevere and time your foes' attacks as dead-on as possible. Just keep to it and you will surely reap the rewards.;)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The only time I use Royal Guard is when I want to die and score some proud souls before restarting the mission. I thought that's what it was for :D just kidding!

LunarEclipse

Dante Sparda
Well I never used this because I can't! I think we need more experience to memorize all things the enemies do...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I hate RG, I don't have a clue how to use it either! As Dante in DMC4 gimme Dark Slayer any day

Zany Blac

Vergil'sB*tch;190707 said:
I hate RG, I don't have a clue how to use it either! As Dante in DMC4 gimme Dark Slayer any day

I personally suck at it too, but i find the dreadnaught armor as an incentive to master RG.

Keaton

Premium
No love for Royal Guard? *gasp* ^^

RG is notoriously the most difficult style to not only use but to master.
Primarally because it doesn't require knowing what moves you do, but what your enemies do.

However, the balance comes when you realise that it negates all damage if used right and unleashes one of the post devastating moves in the game.

Essentially... *assuming RG is fully upgraded*

If you press the style button JUST as an enemy hit lands you will negate the damage and start filling your Royal Meter. This is a fun thing, because all those annoying moves that are often difficult to avoid can be countered with ease.

When the Royal Meter is full, if you use Royal Release (towards and Style) you will unleash Damage equivalent to the amount you defended against.

This is enough to put a massive dent in a boss etc.

There are no tricks of gimmicks, nothing to analyse with it, if you block the hit successfully, it has worked...if not, you take damage.

ITs an awesome Style, one I thoughly abused in DMC3 (where I feel it was superior)...but even in DMC4 (if not more so due to hot-style-swapping) you can swap between the offence of Swordmaster and then to the Damage Negating Royal Guard...make the most of all Styles ... its a hellava lot smarter and more fun that just mastering one ^_^

aoshi

Royal guard is fun against bosses of massive size and have exploding attacks such as cerebrus and beowulff whose attacks can be blocked(try blocking ice fall, that would be fun). Not really fun style against sloths. I really wish vergil had RG but alas capcom is not a fun gamer. :(

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Capcom probably couldn't be bothered in giving Vergil more than one style. We've all seen how... 'relaxed' the addition of playing as Vergil was in DMC3:SE (eg two cutscenes and not a proper story).
Although,I really do love the Dark Slayer style (I'm better at DMC3 as Vergil, than what i am as Dante). :D

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
But Vergil did use Royalguard so they should have made it an option. I am not a fan of that style but I would have made it to level 3 just to do that cool bubble thing.
"don't get so ****y" lol

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;191377 said:
But Vergil did use Royalguard so they should have made it an option. I am not a fan of that style but I would have made it to level 3 just to do that cool bubble thing.
"don't get so ****y" lol

Nah, Royal Guard is not just guarding. You attack with the energy of the perfect guard to counter-attack. Vergil's is just a Guard-N-Stun.

Sparda™

The real Dark Slayer is a teleportation style in DMC3.

Since Trickster does the same as Dark Slayer, CAPCOM put Dark Slayer to be some sort of special Sword Master, being exclusive to Yamato only.

Storyline-wise, Devil Arms not always have Sword Master. Yamato seems to be a proof of that. Sometimes, Devil Arms create styles of their own, that they will be used with that style only.

Top Bottom