• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Roulette spin pause removed from the PC version?

Gbraga

No, he did the Roulette Spin, I'm talking about the annoying pause between both hits of the move.

chocolatepanda

It used to be that way before the game was released but they decided to but it back in for some odd reason that i cant understand.

Gbraga

It used to be that way before the game was released but they decided to but it back in for some odd reason that i cant understand.
Yeah, in The Fight gameplay video there was no pause, but then they put it back, but they were playing the final PC version on Stream and it didn't have it!

So I'm wondering if the final version on consoles also doesn't have this or if it's a PC only thing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
since the game is running on 60FPS, I guess they have more freedom to not add it.
The same with this PC gameplay
0:36

Valcorn

The console has the pause cause it runs 30fps, the animation would look laggy without a pause. Notice how the PC version is also a bit faster.

chocolatepanda

The pc version has a slight pause but it less noticeable I still dont know why the have the pause anyway, the showed trailer without the pause and it was just a quick spin like how Neros was.

Gbraga

So I guess it's safe to say that the PC version will have a different flow, even if they didn't rebalance the game to fit those new animations, it'll end up changing a bit.

I can probably expect a lot more combo videos for the PC version using Roulette Spin than on consoles, since the pauses kinda slow the pace a little, which is something you don't want for a combo video.

And yeah, the PC version will probably end up a bit faster just because without those pauses the combat flows faster, even if the moves themselves don't become faster just because of the framerate.

I did notice in those first videos about the lack of pause, but I just thought it was because it hit from below, it happens sometimes in the console version too.

Top Bottom