• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante wouldn't be Dante if it wasn't Reuben. I'd be very disappointed and probably return the game if it turns out someone else is doing his voice over. I'm a BIG Reuben fan.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
No......*crickets*
I am happy that he tried to give Dante a bit more of a man voice in 4 but it just wasn't enough.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
yeah ok...bring Reuben back...but what happened to the guy from dmc 1?...he was pretty good...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
what was wrong with him?..i thought he was decent...but the truth is i do like Reuben better

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wasn't Dante very broody and depressing in DMC1? I don't know, I guess his personality just didn't appeal to me in that one. I recon no one will do Dante as good as Reuben, because he's like an extension of the actor.

I don't know if I'm going awol with posting links (if I am, can one of the mods just tell me 'enough already!' and I'll come edit and take it out)

But I'm subscribed to Reuben's blog on myspace (which actually just hosts links to his actual blog) He might not be a good speller, but he has a good sense of humour - and I luuuv keeping track on his projects (can't WAIT for Avatar!!)

Here it is, if you guys wanted to have a peek:

http://blog.reubenlangdon.com/

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
clairavance;189292 said:
Wasn't Dante very broody and depressing in DMC1? I don't know, I guess his personality just didn't appeal to me in that one. I recon no one will do Dante as good as Reuben, because he's like an extension of the actor.

I don't know if I'm going awol with posting links (if I am, can one of the mods just tell me 'enough already!' and I'll come edit and take it out)

But I'm subscribed to Reuben's blog on myspace (which actually just hosts links to his actual blog) He might not be a good speller, but he has a good sense of humour - and I luuuv keeping track on his projects (can't WAIT for Avatar!!)

Here it is, if you guys wanted to have a peek:

http://blog.reubenlangdon.com/

has he mentioned or hinted anything to the effect of a dmc movie?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
clairavance;189292 said:
Wasn't Dante very broody and depressing in DMC1?

Yep..I must have been one of the only people to liked him better that way. I mean Dante gets pretty much crapped on from every direction and it made me actually care about his cause because he was vounrable and you wanted to see him win, you wanted to see him make Mundus pay for Vergil and Eva. He was more of a normal person which then I thought fit his character a lot better as someone who is not just a demon badass but someone who has a vounrable soft side which gets upset and angry and thats what set him apart from everyone around him.
I like Nero more now because he has a lot of Dante's original characteristics (though pushed a bit over the top), DMC4 reminded me of what I hoped the rest of the games would be like. Shame it didn't turn out that way.

But yeah anywho I can't see Ruben doing any melodramatic Nero style acting for Dante.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Yeah, I want Reuben to mo-cap Dante again, of course. I think I'd be weird if someone else did Dante from now on. There's too much of Reuben in the character we know of as "Dante" from this game series, so there's no turnin' back now. Think of it this way, could you ever accept anyone other than Dan Southworth to do Vergil in a future game/movie?:O

But, I like the first Dante from DMC 1. He wasn't really that great of a VA, but maybe I just like how he was written more than anything. Really funny, and could have a serious side to him, as well, though nothing too dramatic. Dante has always been very even-keel, and he should stay that way. (But, I want DMC 1 TRISH back!!!!)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I never finished 1...i just know Reuban does amazing at it......

btw...nice sig...where u get it?...u gonna get on of dante and have em fight?

Cat

Vergil-ologist
GamblingGambitCloud;189324 said:
I never finished 1...i just know Reuban does amazing at it......

btw...nice sig...where u get it?...u gonna get on of dante and have em fight?

Just watch the DMC1 cutscenes and you'll see how that VA does Dante...

And, I found my sig at photobucket, plain and simple! I've never seen one of Dante like this one, but that would be so cool...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom