• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darth_angelo45;192139 said:
Capcom don't give a damn about what we are attached to, if they were they would not have got rid of Richard Waugh as the voice of Albert Wesker.

We all know Capcom considers fans only up to a certain degree. It doesn't all go over their heads. Maybe Richard didn't want to do Wesker anymore.

But back on topic. Reuben wouldn't say no to Dante,and if he doesn't do the VO in future DMC games then it's because Capcom wanted someone new. Reuben put a lot of work into DMC 3 so I recon he's as attached to the role of Dante as we are.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Yeah, Reuben would do Dante again however they'll let him. He's said before that he loves everything about Dante...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
clairavance;192142 said:
Reuben wouldn't say no to Dante,and if he doesn't do the VO in future DMC games then it's because Capcom wanted someone new. Reuben put a lot of work into DMC 3 so I recon he's as attached to the role of Dante as we are.

:O !!!
WTF was I high on when I wrote this? Sorry!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dunno... I liked him in DMC 3, but in DMC 4, he just kinda... Lost his flavor, like old gum...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL, I thought he did Dante well in DMC4. All grown up and still ****y like the kid he is inside. I don't think anyone else would have done him any justice.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really don't know why I didn't like Dante in DMC 4... Maybe I'm just used to him being the main character, and always having his VA change? I mean, I've been with the series since DMC 1...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So the guy who did the VO in DMC 1 is a different guy to the one who did the VO in DMC2? :huh:
I find the change in VO's to be disruptive, tbh. It's like watching the Harry Potter movies and then in the final movie they use a different actor to play Harry - it makes you go WTF? and kills the character. Just as an example...it might be a bad example, though. Daniel Radcliffe can't act, so it might have done the movies good to replace him earlier on. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah. He was a different guy... Can't you tell? In DMC 1, his voice is a bit more gruff than the smoother voice he uses in DMC 2. But, to each his/her own, right?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL, I wasn't sure, I'm more hung up over the later games. The first ones just dont appeal to me as much, mostly because graphics were horrendous back then and I can't watch the cutscenes without getting bored. The storylines were alright though, so were the lines, but the latter games are just more advanced, imo. And yeah, your right, to each their own :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Reuben,is alright for me.Awesome in all three depictions of Dante.3,4,anime...all good.But Drew Coombs[DMC 1] was really good to.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
DreadnoughtDT;199463 said:
I really don't know why I didn't like Dante in DMC 4... Maybe I'm just used to him being the main character, and always having his VA change? I mean, I've been with the series since DMC 1...

I've been with the series since DMC 1 too, but I think Reuben did a hell of a better job than the first guy. I mean sure the first guy brought Dante to life, but Reuben put more life into Dante, and more.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I didn't think Dante spoke much in DMC2. I have been watching the DMC anime in Japanese. A few days agto, i received my copy of the english version. It's great to hear DMC in a familiar voice

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;199847 said:
I didn't think Dante spoke much in DMC2. I have been watching the DMC anime in Japanese. A few days agto, i received my copy of the english version. It's great to hear DMC in a familiar voice

It's such a big change from the Japanese subs, right? When I watched the English dub the first time I was "WTF? I'm pretty sure they didn't have dirty words like this in the subs for the Japanese version!" But I love it! Dante should get a starring role in South Park, he'd fit right in. :lol:

Railazel

Strangely, I didn't think Langdon fit well in the anime. I think it was because of how they designed Dante. I kind of pictured a more younger voice, straight- forward voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom