• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil HD remaster announced for current and last gen consoles

The Final Offer

Wind back the personal comments again guys, its not necessary to make a point.

Speaking of point. How do you feel about this game? Are you ok with it not having extra features and just being the same exact game from the GC years or are you with me on it needing to have extra content to be truly appealing?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Speaking of point. How do you feel about this game? Are you ok with it not having extra features and just being the same exact game from the GC years or are you with me on it needing to have extra content to be truly appealing?

Im not a Resident Evil fan so doesnt really bother me either way. :laugh:

However in order to repurchase something I would want something extra rather than it being a simple re-polished/graphical update with no extra content. I want something to make me want to repurchase a title and replay the same game I have already played through. If I didnt buy DLC for a game beforehand & DLC is substantial I might consider repurchasing if game is same price for it as it saves me cash overall. Or in the case of PC I will repurchase a game if it has good modding community (Skyrim for example).

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
*Hard for me to accept? Do you even know the point of the argument in which you chose to participate in?
*Contradicting myself? Do you even know what was stated?
*I don't know that they're going back to their roots for their next RE game?
*Angry about people getting the chance to play Resident Evil? You really DON'T know why you engaged me in this. Ah, I see, this is you surrendering and saying you're wrong for even approaching me in such a manner.
* You've already proven that you don't understand anything that's going on.
*Hey guys, let's go on strike over a remaster! No, you've once again missed the reason I stated that as a probability. It's the fact that they are thinning their team to make this REmaster possible. Again, all hands on deck.
*Faulty logic? This entire discussion with you has proven that you're biased and can't think of anything wrong with the Remastering of a remastered game and are oblivious to the fact that Capcom's stock is up for grabs.

*It's not a cash in because it hasn't already been remastered and it released just a little bit before the PS4. It became a hit and those who didn't have a ps3 and are going ps4 wanna play it. The RE1 remaster is a cash in (IMO) because it's already been remastered, it's remastering missed last gen, and all of a sudden it's remastered for this gen after Capcom said that they're going back to their roots because their last two games were bad as well as those online and handheld games. Gotta make that money back.

*I know why you used it. You thought that it would be effective because he's a fan that you can see and that you agree with. But the derp's on you!

*I already gave my demands that would initialize my support of the game. You have nothing to really say to me, but "Well ok. I'm exciting and I don't want anything more...I mean it's Resident Evil REMASTERED for the new consoles! Squee."

*Just don't reply to me. It's annoying when I have to justify my reasons because someone can't think outside of their fan-box.

- I don't see any answers to my questions here.
- ^
- I don't know what you mean here. Your original point was different. What does the RE1 remaster have to do with RE7 POSSIBLY going back to its roots?
- You could just explain what you mean and prove whatever I say wrong. Guess not.
- See point 1.
- Stated what as a probability? I was the one who said the employees could go on strike, not you. Again, you don't know that they are ''thinning their team''. You're making assumptions about what Capcom will do, then getting angry about those assumptions.
- Biased about what? Liking Resident Evil 1? Are you scared about Capcom's future? No, I don't see the problem with remastering an old game so that new generations of gamers can play it. If you do, that's your problem. ''you are oblivious to the fact that Capcom's stock is up for grabs.'' What does that have to do with this remaster? Do you think Capcom is digging its grave? They are going to make money off of this remaster, that much is clear.

''*It's not a cash in because it hasn't already been remastered''. I wanted to know when you consider something to become a cash-in. I would consider the RE1 remaster a cash-in if it were developed every few years. This remaster is now coming out after *thirteen* years.
It became a hit and those who didn't have a ps3 and are going ps4 wanna play it. That is exactly what's happening with the RE1 remake on the PS4/One. The people who bought a PS4/One might never have had a GameCube, an Xbox 360, or even a PS3. I feel like I'm repeating myself.

- That doesn't even make sense. I could quote anyone on this forum who feels the same way as AlphaOmegaSin... it wouldn't change anything. A lot of people agree that RE1 deserves to be remastered now, and that it's a good idea. So you don't... big deal. Do you think you're more important than everyone else?

- I haven't played RE1 before, so I honestly have no opinion on it yet. I'm just glad I get to play it. I don't really care about your assumptions... your entire comment is filled with them. There's no point in getting angry over stuff that's not confirmed or has no evidence behind it. Capcom thinks the RE1 remaster is good for business. Makes them money. Fine, right?

Just calm down. This kind of thing is what starts 'flaming threads'. Anyway, I think the whole conversation is too jumbled up to keep going on.
Also, sorry for this weird conversation, Drakan.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

- I don't see any answers to my question here.
- ^
- I don't even know what you're talking about here. Your original point was something completely different. What does the RE1 remaster have to do with RE7 POSSIBLY going back to its roots?
- You could just explain what you mean and prove whatever I say wrong. Guess not.
- See point 1 and 2.
- Stated what as a probability? I was the one who said the employees could go on strike, not you. Again, you don't know that they are ''thinning their team''. You're making assumptions about what Capcom will do, then getting angry about those assumptions.
- Biased about what? Liking Resident Evil 1? Are you scared about Capcom's future? No, I don't see the problem with remastering an old game so that new generations of gamers can play it. If you do, that's your problem. ''you are oblivious to the fact that Capcom's stock is up for grabs.'' What does that have to do with this remaster? Do you think Capcom is digging its grave? They are going to make money off of this remaster, that much is clear.

''*It's not a cash in because it hasn't already been remastered''. I'm not saying it's a cash-in, I wanted to know when you consider something to become a cash-in. I would consider the RE1 remaster a cash-in if it were developed every few years. This remaster is now coming out after *thirteen* years.

It became a hit and those who didn't have a ps3 and are going ps4 wanna play it. That is exactly what's happening with the RE1 remake on the PS4/One. The people who bought a PS4/One might never have had a GameCube, an Xbox 360, or even a PS3. I feel like I'm repeating myself.

- That doesn't even make sense. I could quote anyone on this forum who feels the same way as AlphaOmegaSin... it wouldn't change anything. A lot of people agree that RE1 deserves to be remastered now, and that it's a good idea. So you don't. Big deal... do you think you're more important than everyone else?

- I haven't played RE1 before, so I honestly have no opinion on it yet. I'm just glad I get to play it. I don't really care about your assumptions... your entire comment is filled with them. There's no point in getting angry over stuff that's not confirmed or has no evidence behind it. Capcom thinks the RE1 remaster is good for business. Makes them money. Fine, right?

Just calm down. This kind of thing is what starts 'flaming threads'. Anyway, I think the whole conversation is too jumbled up to keep going on.
Also, sorry for this weird conversation, Drakan.

Just let it go. I see so many problems in your post I don't even want to reply.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Just let it go. I see so many problems in your post I don't even want to reply.
After keeping this debate going for so long, you now suddenly refuse to answer even ONE question? Well, thanks for wasting my time. Seriously, if you didn't want to debate it, don't keep replying! Blocked.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Im not a Resident Evil fan so doesnt really bother me either way. :laugh:

However in order to repurchase something I would want something extra rather than it being a simple re-polished/graphical update with no extra content. I want something to make me want to repurchase a title and replay the same game I have already played through. If I didnt buy DLC for a game beforehand & DLC is substantial I might consider repurchasing if game is same price for it as it saves me cash overall. Or in the case of PC I will repurchase a game if it has good modding community (Skyrim for example).
I'm sure The Final Offer sees that as an argument against the RE1 remaster, but the point of the remaster is that people get to play it in its original form after so many years. Of course some extras would be nice, but it's not a prerequisite for developing a remaster. As long as it's not the full asking price, and it gives players the chance to play RE1 for the first time (because trust me, there are a LOT of people who have never played it), I don't see the problem. Just because it doesn't have extra content doesn't mean it's a cash-in.
But whatever.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm sure The Final Offer sees that as an argument against the RE1 remaster, but the point of the remaster is that people get to play it in its original form after so many years. Of course some extras would be nice, but it's not a prerequisite for developing a remaster. As long as it's not the full asking price, and it gives players the chance to play RE1 for the first time (because trust me, there are a LOT of people who have never played it), I don't see the problem. Just because it doesn't have extra content doesn't mean it's a cash-in.
But whatever.

I was speaking in general about why I would/wouldnt buy a remastered version I wasnt actually referring to this directly as it has been 18 years since the original (which I had) and 12 years since the remake so thats long enough for another I would say. Would be plenty that hadnt played either, I personally played both as I owned original and Steve (I believe it was) had the remake. I would probably buy a HD version of a classic I loved from MANY years ago. Though as a rule as I said im not a Resident Evil fan overall so this isnt something im interested in personally.

Top Bottom