• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remaking the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Well,if anyone should remake the game,it should be Capcom.The producer,director,music composer,story writer,etc should be the same ones from the original Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4.That would be the best.Can't have anyone else spoiling the game anymore.

great thread.rep+.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
It is when there is a remake and the team's goal isn't just changing the graphics, that a remake gets seriously F***ed up

ManOfMayhem

If they remade it then that would be twice the disaster and we would have to go through double the pain of knowing how ****ed up DMC 2 was...

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I don't know they could just do a reboot.

Reboot, in serial fiction, means a discarding of much or even all previous continuity in the series, to start anew. Effectively, all previously-known fictive history is declared by the writer(s) to be null and void, or at least irrelevant, and the series starts over.

they just completely re-do DMC2 so it was never **** to begin with

Zato-OW

King
I see no real point in remaking DMC2. Nothing serious happens in it. No main character dies or anything of that nature. Its just another day on the job for Dante and that's what the game should be looked at as. They should create 2 more games behind DMC4 in the story line then go on and move passed DMC2.

Zato-OW

King
Try to explain what? His personality, or him getting trapped and hell and returning? Nothing about that game is that big of a deal to remake it. Just moving along with the story would be the better idea. Its just another "Day on the job" game for Dante except he doesn't smile as much. If that's the case they should go and remake the DMC anime since it was such a failure on everything(well they captured the look of the DMC world good, but that's about it.).But there is no reason for them to spend 2 years remaking a game with no big of an impact and story drama when they can just come out with something fresh. They have already said that DMC2 is far down the line in the DMC time-line.Besides DMC2 isn't that big of a failure for Capcom, seeing as DMC2 Dante "was" the poster boy for the DMC series for sometime now.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree, remaking it would improve it, but not change the story. It was just a simple mission for Dante after all. It just turned out to be big (if it was small it wouldn't even be a game) and that's the deal:p

shadow master

Zato-OW;147565 said:
Try to explain what? His personality, or him getting trapped and hell and returning? Nothing about that game is that big of a deal to remake it. Just moving along with the story would be the better idea. Its just another "Day on the job" game for Dante except he doesn't smile as much. If that's the case they should go and remake the DMC anime since it was such a failure on everything(well they captured the look of the DMC world good, but that's about it.).But there is no reason for them to spend 2 years remaking a game with no big of an impact and story drama when they can just come out with something fresh. They have already said that DMC2 is far down the line in the DMC time-line.Besides DMC2 isn't that big of a failure for Capcom, seeing as DMC2 Dante "was" the poster boy for the DMC series for sometime now.

all wrong . totally :huh:

2 was a failur, coz how come its the least liked one huh? exactly :p

dmc 2 was **** . remake it with bttr graphics and better gameplay. it would never take 2 years to do that . u got 2 b kidding if u think it wuld. it take them two years to make a new game, it'd take them three quarters of a year to do this.

yes, u jus' said what they should try to explain . if 2 werent a big deal . then they wouldn't have made the game . so clearly they shuld not push it to 1 side and should remake it.

if thats the case they should remake the anime ? o_O then u sying that shuld mean they shuld also remake dmc 2 ? dog . u just contradicted yourslf :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Personally I could care less if they remade Devil May Cry 2 or not.

shadow master;147506 said:
^ not true . they should try to explain 2 more -not ignore it-

I understand where you are coming from, but a little harsh to say not true to somebody's opinion. Zato just thinks differently about it then you do, it doesn't make him wrong. For the sake of the thread, please try to respect each other's points and opinions ;) That doesn't just apply to you shadow :p

shadow master

LordOfDarkness;147871 said:
Personally I could care less if they remade Devil May Cry 2 or not.

I understand where you are coming from, but a little harsh to say not true to somebody's opinion. Zato just thinks differently about it then you do, it doesn't make him wrong. For the sake of the thread, please try to respect each other's points and opinions ;) That doesn't just apply to you shadow :p

yeh im sorry lod , i didnt look at it like tht . and sorry zato

Zato-OW

King
shadow master;147870 said:
all wrong . totally :huh:

2 was a failur, coz how come its the least liked one huh? exactly :p

dmc 2 was **** . remake it with bttr graphics and better gameplay. it would never take 2 years to do that . u got 2 b kidding if u think it wuld. it take them two years to make a new game, it'd take them three quarters of a year to do this.

yes, u jus' said what they should try to explain . if 2 werent a big deal . then they wouldn't have made the game . so clearly they shuld not push it to 1 side and should remake it.

if thats the case they should remake the anime ? o_O then u sying that shuld mean they shuld also remake dmc 2 ? dog . u just contradicted yourslf :lol:
You honestly missed the point I was making. DMC2 has nothing to do with gameplay to them at this point because its in the past. Plus DMC2 sold more then DMC3 and DMC3:SE. So it wasn't that much of a failure for Capcom because they are all about $$$. It would be a waste of time and bad judgment remaking that game when they can just start something fresh like explaining Nero in their next title. BTW Capcom has even said that they don't consider DMC2 a failure because of how much it sold. This is why after DMC2 they started to use DMC2 Dante as the Flag Ship for the DMC series.

Also yes it will take about 2 years creating it because the creators are always working on multiple projects. But who would want to wait another 4 years for the story to get back on its path? Not me or anyone else for that matter. If they want to remake it let some other team do it on the PSP or something and keep the main crew working on DMC5.

Also last they are not pushing it away. They clearly said DMC2 is set in the far future. Where most people are happy with this setting.But w/e, you think they should make it? I think they shouldn't and just move on to DMC5 and not waste time on a already finished and pointless game.

shadow master

you kind of wated ur time with those point there because i actually still dont care . 2 was **** . my opnion. i wasnt saying it was that bad . but i reckon it didnt sell as much as all the others.

Zato-OW

King
Actually it sold more then both DMC3 and DMC3:SE as I just said(There is a Capcom chart on there game sells and DMC2 sold more then both.). But what you see is what you get I guess on this forum. But no matter how much you want it remade its never gonna happen.Actually I'm glad because DMC2 is the game that got me into the series also being my first DMC game I ever played.

Zato-OW

King
Uh Okay? who cares that you don't care? Like I'm suppose to be impressed that you hate DMC2? Like I said before its never gonna happen.

Zato-OW

King
Lol so instead of debating me over a good reason why DMC2 should be remade you just insult me instead. Nice one, Stop trying to impress me. I've only stated facts and what I believe is the reasoning for not remaking DMC2 and all you have to say is "I DON'T CARE.". Seems like your the one who needs to grow some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom