• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rate DMC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

How would you score each DMC game? And feel free to explain why to. You can use whatever scale you want to.
Here's mine.

DMC- 9/10
DMC2- 6.5/10
DMC3- 9.5/10
DMC3:SE- 10/10
DMC4- 8/10

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC 10/10 It did everything right, and no other part of the series even comes close to it's true potential after DMC happened.

DMC2: 7/10 A good game, but falls short of DMC's goal as a stylish action game.

DMC3:DA/SE: 9/10 Still a great game, and brings back that original DMC feel. However, it's not as gothic as the first.

DMC4: 8/10 Still pretty good, and introduces my favorite character, Nero. however, they could've done better.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
dmc1 ( 5 out of 5) as soon as i played it it became my favorite game ever. ( until dmc3:SE)
dmc2 ( 3 out of 5) a good game but not a good dmc game
dmc3( 4 out of 5) really fun not as good as the first but close
dmc3 SE ( 5 out of 5) the adjusted difficluty and the additon of vergil as a playable charicer as well as the other gameplay additons made it even better than the first game
dmc4 (4 out of 5) great gameplay cool featues and nero was a really good additon to the series but a few bad choices ruin parts of the game. ( the timed part of mission 12 and the fights aganst sanctus and the savior)

dmc5 (1 out of 5) for not being out yet.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
DMC: 10/10 perfection, probably the most well balanced of the series.
DMC2: 7/10 the first DMC game I played. I found it entertaining and fun, even if others didn't
DMC3: 9/10 DMC done right! Brings back the feel of the original with a little style
DMC3 SE: 1/10 Vergil had NO CUTSCENES nor his own story mode. complete fail in my book.
DMC4: 8/10 beautiful graphics and gameplay, gives us that stylish feel, but lost sight of the epic gothic feel.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Oooooh lets see.....

DMC- 9/10 - had me addicted from day one

DMC2- 6/10 - My interest went downhill, apart from how pretty Dante looked that is!

DMC3- 10/10

DMC3:SE- 10/10

DMC4- 9/10 - Apart from Nero's whining I like it :)

Edit - a bit off topic, but just wanted to say Meg - Lee Chaolan!! >_< Love it! :D

Meg

^
you confused me with the >_< and :D

Anyway, to make this post on topic, i really with DMC5 goes back to the gothic atmosphere since it really does and to the game. 4 felt more like a cool action game than a DMC game.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC-9/10 One of the best
DMC2-7/10 I don't think it is that bad.
DMC3-9/10 My first DMC game
DMC3.5 (SE)-10/10) Forget the cutscenes, I was just happy to play as Vergil
DMC4-5/10 Sanctus lets the game down for me.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DMC1 - 9/10 (a ten at the time but it is very very slow now in comparison so its only fair)
DMC2 - 6/10
DMC3 - 8/10
DMC3:SE - 9/10 (a whole extra point just for playing as super Nelo:D)
DMC4 - 8.5/10 (I would have given it higher if Dante was either not in it or not so annoying in it)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i'm not particularry fond of dmc4 cuz your nero he's boring no skill no atitude the only reason everyone likes him is because his demon arm

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Devil May Cry- 9.6: Great game and my favourite of the series. Great enemies, great atmosphere, complimentary soundtrack and great replayability.

Devil May Cry 2- 7.1: An okay game but a shoddy disappointment to the series. Still contains some decent boss fights and some okay LOOKING enemies, not necessarily all that to fight but they were at least somewhat impressive to look at.

Devil May Cry 3& SE- 9.4: Great game and I can see why many put it as their favourite but Dante was a little over the top with the one liners and it suffered from daftly cartoon-like enemies IMO.

Devil May Cry 4- 7.9: A good game, visually outstanding but other than Hell or Hell, doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
DMC: 9.5/10 If it were't for the cheesy ending, it would of been perfect
DMC2: 6/10 Not much of a plot going on. Just felt like it was pulling sh*t from a hat
DMC3 SE: 9.6/10 My favorite out of the four. Love Vergil's personality
DMC4: 6/10 I'm no Nero fan and was dissapointed with the story. Loved Dante's personality and gamplay though

aka958

Don't trust people
Hmm... I can only rate two of the DMC games... Why couldn't this be rate your final fantasy games? Then I could rant about every single one I own...

Back on topic though:

Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening / Special Edition
10/10
Best DMC game (only played 2 -.- ), now when it goes in normal speed on my computer I can get my hands of it. It has everything. I'm pretty bored with the cutscenes because I've seen them 30 times but still, it has an excellent story.
The fighting! Fast paced, characteristic and extremely fun as you got lots of combos to do unlike in DMC4 (looks at Nero).
Bosses, hard but with the right strategy it's like a hot knife through butter.
High replayability, it was made to have that.

Devil May Cry 4
6/10
Yeah, 6/10 is all I can give it. Dante cheered me up when he came in mission 11 but only to mission 18. Bloody palace time limits is annoying.
Nero is a whining little bitch that walks around thinking he is the beast because he got a blue thing on his arm... IMO.
Sanctus is not of antagonist wood, he is more of a old man thinking he can rule the world. A worthy adversary to Nero though.
Story was so-so and lacked the epicness of Dante but not of GILGAMESH! Friggin' awesome! That the weapon Gilgamesh is in this game is preventing it to get a 4/10 as it is friggin' GILGAMESH!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
my scores

dmc 8/10
dmc2 8/10
dmc3/se 10/10 VERGIL IS AWESOME
dmc4 5/10 nero needs to gain atitude and skill(he thinks he is so cool unlike dante)

dante tthinks he is cool cuz thats true

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
dmc1 9/10 xD
dmc2 6/10 Hate how Dante is being portrayed in the game. He's not talking
dmc3-se 10/10 (Vergil makes the game best...in my opinion) x3
dmc4 7/10 A wannabe Vergil-Dante is stealing Dante's spotlight. >.<
Although aside from that, good graphics :D

Alastor005

SStylish
DMC : 10/10 best storyline and great enviroment REMEMBER the game was launched in 2001 or 2002 i dont remember exactly.A revolutionary game.
DMC2 : 8/10 dissapointing ....after seeing first...too many bosses but still a DmC game i hate the part with helicopters and tanks it was like "alien invasion 21380971938721 "
DMC3 10/10 good work capcom keep it up ... some aspects from the first ...Ifrit is now Beowulf..new weapons Nevan(AWWSome) Agni& Rudra( AWSOme)...clash with vergil is an epic battle with epic theme song and the lyrics are perfect i was addicted and i am still now
DMC3 SE 10/10 aprox the same ....Vergil playable still ok :)
DMC4 9/10 eh i like now dante is older and hes still my fav but i dont like the chars verry much.. too many new chars ... like in DMC2 ... sorry capcom... its a super game but i like 1st and 3rd more.

offtopic: capcom made a mistake in first dmc dante is like at normal ago my opinion ,in second hes a bit mature regarding the first but in the THird hes like a child with new hairstyle he looks like a teen... and in 4th hes an older that all dmc before :)

SilverKnight

DMC: 10/10. Where it all began, baby!
DMC 2: 7/10. I know a lot of people were disappointed, but I wasn't that much. Though Dante's lines were few, I did enjoy them (King? Right. Here's your crown). This is also by far my favorite Devil Trigger of Dante. Dante's ending could've been better.
DMC 3: 9/10. Great story, insane action, and a new hottie? What more can you want? Besides wanting badly to play as Dante's twin brother?
DMC 3 SE: 10/10 The best since the first and makes up for its original!
DMC 4: 10/10. Haven't played it, but I have got to see gameplay on youtube. Nero is awesome, as is the story, and Lady and Trish look stunning! Not to mention, the action looks as awesome as DMC3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom