• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

R.I.P Monty Oum

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's with a heavy heart to say that Monty Oum has just passed away in February 1, 2015 at the age of 33. He had suffered a severe allergic reaction during a routine check up and was in a coma. Despite the best efforts of the doctors and his fans and all of Rooster Teeth, he passed away on February 1.

His most notable works include Dead Fantasy
Dead_Fantasy_Title2.jpg

And his most famous work; RWBY
3858811-0176422194-Rwby..png

R.I.P Monty Oum
profile_picture_by_montyoum-d6d38a7.jpg

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
This is the 3rd time I didn't know about somebody until after they died, and then regretted I didn't before.

Also, what did he have the allergic reaction to?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So now I wonder what you can have a reaction to out of routine check ups....

The tongue stick thingy? Some medicine? The doctor himself?

Well he probably had a bad reaction to something that was 100 to 1. Like a needle that wasn't changed, or a new medicine that he was allergic to that was accidentally given to him. We just don't know any real details.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wow...
That's f*** up. Wow. I haven't even the words.

I wonder what's gonna happen to rwby.

Captain Xin

Still can't believe it, What an awful news to start the day.

8a7.png

Goodbye Monty, you know we love you, I know your works lives on.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Saw a really heartwarming part of the memorial that a friend pointed me to. "Gamers don't die, they just respawn somewhere better" tugged at my heartstrings.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I may have not been a fan of stuff like "RWBY", but there was no denying the man was talented and had passion. 33 is way too young to go. Sucks. He's left a legacy though that will continued to be appreciated by his many fans. He was loved, and people will always remember him.

My condolences.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Aw man, first kitty0706 now him? I remember watching all of the Dead Fantasy videos in hopes he'd continue it, and watched Haloid as well.
When I heard he was hired at rooster teeth, I was extremely happy because I knew the fighting animations were going to be badass. And thus they were.
Rest in peace, Monty. The afterlife is being filled with animators now.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
33, that's way too young to die, and in such a tragic accidental way. A creative guy with a lot of drive and more life to live who went way too early. It's awful when things like that happen to people who are young with their life cut short. Makes me wonder what else he could've done if he'd lived on. All that potential and creativity just gone suddenly is such a waste and tragedy for the people close to him.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Sad times for us RWBY fans. Let's hope RoosterTeeth not ruin Monty's babies, especially RWBY! For the sake of Monty, let us hope for the better!

Rest easy, Monty, and watch over RT and its fans!

Top Bottom