• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question: DmC statue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Don't get too excited... its just a question that was inspired by OriginalOutcast's 'New Dante Figure' thread

Seeing that the design of the new Dante caused... 'a bit of fuss'... if one was released, would anyone think of buying a statue/figure of the new Dante or would anyone be put off?

Osaka

trollololol
Don't know really, since I haven't played the game so I don't know if he carries on looking like he does from those early shots. If I like the game then maybe.... Everything is still up in the air.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'll make myself a naked Dante.

...What? They all gotta start out naked anyway. ;)

Where is this thread btw?

In my case I think I will wait to see more from the designers, they may yet alter Dino's appearance, so I dunno.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Thanks!

Well, I don't know about Dino. Maybe if he turns out to be a kickass guy afterall I might be tempted. But right now I don't know much about him at all. So I'm less inclined.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd buy it.
One day when I'm old and have too much retirement money to know what to do with. Then I can start my DMC figurine collection without fear that Dante will end up stuck between my little ponies and Barney, or worry that I'd find Vergil all sun-faded and chewed on outside in the garden after a week. ^_^

fon

Crazy Chick
I'd definitely buy one of him! Of course, if it's made by Kotobukiya (makers of the DMC3/4 statues) and in a kick-ass pose with exchangeable weapons :p

A lot of times I buy figures because I like them and not because of the character anyway.
*has a DOA Kasumi figure, despite HATING her but couldn't resist ^^""*

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I dunno, it would depend on a number of things. I don't know enough about DINO at the minute and the statue would have to be nice 'cuz at this point in time I think it could look really ugly. Compared to that awesome Dante statue i can imagine DINO looking a bit pathetic. I'm willing to give DINO a chance tho?!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I own a few expensive statues. By 'a few' I really do mean only a few. I'll only pay the likes of £80 or more for one of a character I really like, or a design I really like. Which is why I only have Dante, Vergil, Kimahri and Bahamut No.1 (FFX) which were the pricier kind. I have more small ones that don't cost much, but I'm a cagey buyer of these things... there has to be some connection between me and the design for me to bother. I don't collect them all in a series or anything like that. For me to buy Dino, he will have to impress me.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, it's only a 'theory/maybe' thread anyway.

I'm still after a Nelo Statue/figure so this one is pretty much in the back of my mind.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I wish they had made a Nelo or a Sparda figure in the Kotobukiya line... but I guess back in 2000 the only 'proper' one that was released was Dante, and Nelo and Sparda never showed up prominently in the series again, so they didn't see the reason. I know there were some small Nelos for sale but a lovely expensive polystone one would've been great.

And the only Sparda figure I have ever seen was a one-off that was featured in the DMC1 artbook. I don't know what it was for but I guess it was a prop for the designers.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Right now i'm not really a fan of his so i would not buy it.

Perhaps i will change my mind later on down the road but currently no way in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom