• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Public DMC RP: Shadow Rising

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante receives a mysterious tip from an anonymous messenger. Sensing danger, he follows the tip to a dark forest. Within this forest are many secrets, including an uncountable number of dark temples. Dante must destroy these temples and the evil within before the world is once again lost to darkness!

----------------------------------

"Yeah?" Dante asked, picking up the receiver on his phone.

"Greetings, Tony Redgrave. Or shall I say, Dante, the son of Sparda?" A voice said on the other line.

Dante's forehead creased in a frown. "Why do all of you scumbags know who I am nowadays?" He asked. Then he smirked. "Makes me look bad."

"Relax." The voice said. "I'm on your side."

"Riiiiiight." Dante said sarcastically. "And I'm half angel."

"Sarcasm will get you nowhere." The voice replied coolly. "I have a tip for you. The huge forest miles away from your city is a breeding ground for demons. There are many temples there, housing the spirits of darkness. I need you to destroy them."

"And you can't do it yourself why?" Dante asked, not missing a beat.

"Because I'm rather indisposed at the moment." The voice replied. "Besides, this job should be nothing for a man of your caliber."

Dante sighed. This guy didn't have the password, but he sounded serious. "Alright, I'll bite. Anything else I should look out for?"

"Anyone who looks suspicious. A certain green scaled half demon will be the first for you to meet."

"Lovely." Dante said, and hung up.

~~

Dante walked through the edge of the forest, Rebellion on his back and Ebony and Ivory neatly tucked inside their holsters. He sighed. "This job is probably my most boring yet..." He muttered. At that utterance, a pair of bushes rustled beside him.

"Who are you?" A soft, snakelike voice asked.

"What's it to you?" Dante growled, pulling out E&I and pointing them at the bush.

"Don't shoot! I'm not an enemy..." At that, the owner of the voice revealed himself. Tall and muscular, with green scales, a long snout. His right eye was white and nonfunctional. Holstered on his back was what looked like a segmented sword, and around his neck was a small blue gem. On his wrist was a gold bangle inset with several small but no doubt very pricey jewels. He wore nothing but a long purple cape and dark blue shorts.

"And you're supposed to be...?" Dante asked, not dropping E&I from his aim.

"Xevnas." The lizard said. "Xevnas Arogazi. And I've lived in this forest for as long as I can remember... And it's been tainted."

"By those temples of darkness, right?" Dante said.

"You know of them?" Xevnas asked.

"I've been hired to destroy them." Dante explained.

"Then let me come with." Xevnas said, his voice eager. "I must destroy them before they destroy me and your city. It's the right thing to do..."

Dante laughed. "It's the right thing to do." He echoed. "You're gonna be fun to have around..."

"So it's a yes?" Xevnas asked, ignoring Dante's sarcasm.

"Yeah." Dante said finally holstering E&I. "Let's go."

So with that, they set out into the forest.

Who's to say that others will not join this quest...?

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Dante and Xevnas continued walking for a few minutes in the forest when suddenly they hear a a strange sound...

The trees started whoosing with a sudden breeze, all the leaves were fiercely moving and the atmosphere became darker due to some sudden slight presence of fog in the air.

"Quite naughty this breeze...lets not move...I swear if my hair blows...its gonna be bad" Dante teased

The wind stopped and the trees were now in peace

"so will somebody tell me what is happening" Dante enthusiam was now obvious as his voice was loud and clear.

Tones of High heels were heard on the on the rocky soil...then she appeared in front of Dante with a smile on her face and her Dark color sword dragged by her left hand...she was just perfect...The dark beautiful side of the evil

Shia watched the handsome man carefully, paying special attention to the sword on his back. It seemed that the sword really bugs her thus she quickly changed her smile into a serious look

"Mademoiselle....You made my day!!" Dante teased

"My name is Shia...You do not belong here mortal!!" Shia said with a dry tone

"Oh please, we just met and your are already rejecting me!! not fair babe" Dante was sure enjoying the presence of the beautiful lady

"Mortal...I am here to warn you on the behalf of the mighiest demon...The ultimate master" Shia replied looking Dante directly in the eyes.

"And what did your boyfriend said??" Dante quickly jested

"Death shall come but I will take care of your pains personally....love!!" Now Shia seemed to be cooler like if she knew Dante for years. As she said those words,Shia dragged a mysterious smile on her red lips just to attract her prey...she knew exactly what she wanted,a piece of Dante maybe for her personal collection.

Then she continued with a serene tone "you've been fairly warned...Dante!!"

Dante surprise to hear the lady saying his name could not resist to add "Great...She knows my name!!we've met before??"

Shia winked at Dante as she used her powers to learn a bit more on Dante. Noticing Xevnas behind Dante she cringed her teeth and murmured to herself something like "I hate those benevolent"

Then she dissapeared with a violent breeze which cleaned away the fog and the atmosphere was back to normal. Leaving no clue where she went, Shia knew that Dante is not going to be an easy one but she still believed she got more plus points than her new prey.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay, hold it. That's not how you RP. I know you probably haven't done this before, but that falls under power playing. You're not supposed to control other people's characters.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
OOC: I will start off like Dante'sgirl post never happened then since it was power-playing...and let me know how this sounds?
----------------
Unbeknownst to the two, a pair of ethereal eyes watched them travel further into the forest.

"Cain," Rinaldo called over. "Is this the guy you were talking about?"

"One minute Master, I nearly have this spell in my grasp." Cain replied, his whip, Icarus, was glowing red-hot.

"I don't have much longer before one of them spots me, practice the spell later." Rinaldo urged.

The boy gritted his teeth, Icarus fell back into it's normal state. "Fine, what is it?" he spat.

Rinaldo pointed to the pair in his water mirror, a lizard-man and a white haired man carrying an overly large sword on his back were present.

"Yes, the white haired man is Dante, the Son of Sparda."

"Hmmm, how peculiar. The man who lost everything is still fighting for something..." The undead Sorcerer seemed lost in thought.

"Right well...if you don't need me for anything I will go back to practicing my spells, Master." Cain turned to walk away but abruptly stopped in his tracks as Rinaldo spoke out.

"No, I want you to travel with this man and see what his objectives are. If he truly says he is as formidable as the Demons say, I need you to find a weakness in him."

Cain frantically waved his arms around in emphasis while yelling. "You have to be nuts! He will sniff me out like a dog then gut me like a fish like I were nothing! There's NO way am I-"

"CAIN!" Rinaldo bellowed, his eyes glowing a malicious obsidian. The boy's face paled considerably. "I NEED you to do this, understand? This man is very powerful, and may be a great ally depending on his objective. We may help him or destory him."

"Maybe you should install a pair of ears on your magical eyes then so we could hear what they were saying." Cain muttered.

"Perhaps I should use yours since you're so keen to listen," He walked over and raised his hand, Cain flinched. Rinaldo chuckled lightly. "I have full trust in you, my young apprentice. I know you're terrified but remember, I'll always be keeping a close eye over you." He tightly grasped the boys shoulder.

"Yes master" Cain nodded.

"Very well, get yourself packed up and ready to go. I will warp you ahead of them so you may meet up with Dante."

Cain packed up his stuff and took a deep breath. "I'm ready Master." He clutched tightly onto a tattered spellbook his master gave him, he was the one and only family he could ever call 'true'.

The undead sorcerer nodded and started up a demonic incantation. Electricity crackled in the air, a black portal started to form. "Wait, Master..." Cain trailed off. Rinaldo looked up at him, waiting expectantly for an answer. "Um...how will I convince Dante I am no enemy?"

"Do what you humans do most of the time, whats the word I'm looking for? Ah yes..." His eyes flickered playfully. "'Wing' it." He finished as the portal enveloped his young apprentice.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xevnas stopped suddenly.

"What is it, scaly?" Dante said, looking at Xevnas like the lizard was crazy.

"Someone is ahead of us. Someone unknown." Xevnas said, carefully fingering his sword.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Darkness enveloped the young apprentice.

"Ahhhhh!" he screamed, it felt like he was falling endlessly in the dark abyss. When he reached his destination he landed with a soft thud. "Ugh...I hate warp travelling." He picked himself up from the ground and dusted himself off.

He bent over and picked up his book, out of the corner of his eye he seen figures moving in the distance. "That must be them..." Cain muttered. I wonder how I'm going to do this...There is one way of doing it...but I'm not sure if they will buy it. Guess there is only one way to find out he nervously thought. He took a deep, attempting to calm his nerves. Here goes nothing... He opened his mouth and yelled.

"Help, Help! Is anyone there?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xevnas was immediately at Cain's side, and picked him up by the collar. "Dante, here's the one I smelled." He said calmly.

Dante was there in less than a second, a calm look on his face. "So, this is the guy?" He said, sizing up Cain. "Doesn't look like much of a threat." He smirked, and leveled his guns at Cain's head. "So, are you demon, human, or what?"

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
"A human...What did you orginally think I was?" Cain managed to sputter out. "Hey, lizard-man...mind letting me go so we can have a civil conversation instead of being barbarians playing a game of twenty questions?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xevnas shook his head. "Not until you prove you're not a threat." He said, just the faintest hint of a growl escaping from his throat.

Dante lowered his guns. "Well, I just sensed some dark energy coming from you." He explained. "But you're definitely human. Let 'im go, scaly."

"Stop calling me that. I'm Xevnas." Xevnas said, grudgingly letting Cain go.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Cain panted, trying to catch his breath. When he regained his breath he said. "Xevnas, what an honourable name. Oh, where are my manners?" The boy bowed slightly. "My name is Cain." He turned his head to face the white haired man. "You must be Dante...A pleasure to meet you. You're considered a type of god among us humans as they say." he said, attempting to dodge the growing suspicion Dante may have about him.

"Oh by the way...Thank you. If you haven't heard me yell for help I may have been a goner back there. I think they were scared away because of your reputation for being a formidable demon slayer," Cain shakily replied. "The demons are most frightening..." he shuddered.

"What exactly brings you to this here forest anyways?" Cain questioned the pair.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"A tip from some anonymous dude." Dante said, looking around the forest. "We're supposed to destroy these temple thingies, and he says there are tons of them."

Xevnas scoffed. "Demons..." He muttered. "I smelled no demons."

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
"You don't mean the Oblivion Temples do you?" So that's what their after...Hmmm, I will have to tag along with them until I have time to contact my master. Dante will prove most frustrating to get around since he can sense dark magic. Damn! I don't know how to use my magic without looking too suspicious he mentally moaned. I'll have to try to conceal my powers until further instructions from Rinaldo...

"If that's truly what you're indeed looking for...let me come along! I may be of some help to you...my family has been searching for it for generations to put an uh...end to the darkness before it plauges the human realm. We have been miamed and I am looking to restore my family honour." Cain beamed proudly.

"What say you?" he inquired eagerly.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Whatever." Dante muttered, and started walking again.

Xevnas growled at Cain. "If you're lying, I'll put your head on a pike."

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
"Yeah sure...If I don't decide to skin you and make you into a nice leather book cover first." Cain snarkily replied. "Hey, wait for me!" he ran toward Dante, trailing behind him. "So uh...where are we going first?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Dunno." Dante said. "I just say go forward till we find one."

Xevnas growled darkly at Cain, baring his teeth and following behind Dante silently.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Cain ignored the hissing behind him, he looked up through the brush of tree branches and noticed the daylight was fading. Perfect...I may be able to contact my master tonight without being caught

"Um...pardon me Dante, but I think it is wise to find camp for the night, twilight is nearly upon us." Cain said. "I may also be able to find one of the temples instead of wandering around aimlessly all night."

Cain had an unsettling feeling starting to creep upon him. Xevnas' words truly trouble me, does know?

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Shia spied the little group from the temple's water mirror and was fiercely angry with herself and she had the right to be.

"why didn't I got the idea of fooling them like that so called Human did??"

She was extremely jealous of Cain and the expressions on her face clearly proved it. Shia wanted to destroy Dante and his fan club alone without and interference. Knowing herself too much, she knew that if Cain succeeded in achieving his task perfectly things are not going to be sweet for her.

"Stupid little girl,you could have waited!!" she murmured to herself with rage while making herself a couple of notches with a blade. She enjoys the pain.

"Guess I will have to get rid of that Cain as soon as possible...but that Snake!!...hmmm...I will have to play things really sexy!!" Shia finally got back her beautiful mysterious smile on her red lips.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante looked in the sky. "Maybe. But don't you think it'd be better to cover more ground?" He said to Cain.

Xevnas' crest stiffened and he looked behind the group, his eyes darting back and forth. "Another one..." He muttered.

Top Bottom