• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PSM Has Exclusive Preview of DMC4

NAR129

I just got my new PSM: Ind. PlayStation Mag in the mail...and DMC4 preview is the cover! Graphics inside are gorgeous.

Looks like the developer really came through on this one. The mag loved it!

Read this: “It’s safe to say that the generational leap in hardware has not caused the series to lose sight of what it is: pure, all-out, unforgiving action.”

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Damn, you guys have it and all you can say is "Dante's a playable character now"
What else does it say?

X_nick_X

I saw a report on it somewhere i'll buy the mag on thursday the screenshots look amazing.

It's just some new screenshots with nero and dante and some fire boss.

But it's definetly a very very nice looking game.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Is this mag from the U.K?

WAIT!!!

It does not matter, I just forgot for a little bit.

Rottweiler

Here is a breakdown of the preview.

- Dante is playable, and he isn't a clone of Nero either. They have brought DMC3's Dante directly into the game, with all of his fighting styles. The core animations are the same, but they have been updated to 'fulfill what users expect from next-generation animations'

-They have no interest in making a Virgil spin-off game - they want to continue to grow Dante as a character, while introducing Nero as a new character. Despite the fan's love for the character, they want to continue forward with Nero/Dante as the leads of the series.

-When asked about the development cost, he said that they are 'making it to the point where we don't exceed the break point of what we can handle as a budget and still have the game be profitable.' He said the game is not twice as expensive as DMC1.

-They initially looked at the types of middleware available, but they realized they couldn't do some of the things that they wanted to do. He said that most devs say, "We have this engine, we have this middleware. What can we make with it?" However, Capcom's development starts with, "We have this game, what do we need to make it?"

-All of the cutscenes will be done by Yuji Shimomura.

-The snow level that was in the E3 2005 trailer is in the game

-The battles are going to have more meaning to them. Before, enemies would show up and say something that made you want to kill them them and Dante would say something back to look cool. Now you will see a cutscene and know why you are fighting the battle.

-More emphasis on the flow/progression of the story due to the appearance of Nero and his relationships with other people in the game. "conflict/drama opportunities"

-When asked if Clover's departure from Capcom affected the game, and he said that the people who left are ones that wanted to move on to different projects. The people that are working on DMC4 are the ones that really want to make DMC4.

-Johnny Young Bosch (the Power Ranger, Adam Park) is providing the motion-capture and and voice for Nero.

There's a list of different moves that Nero has:

Charge Shot - Hold square to charge, then release to fire
"As well as shooting bullets in rapid succession, you can charge up your gun for a slower, but more powerful shot."

Exceed - Pull L2 to charge the EX-guage
"Revving your EX-guage like a motorcycle handle, you can build up to three levels of extra power for your moves."

Streak - While holding R1, press the left stick towards the enemy + triangle
"Streak is a powerful forward strike"

High Roller - While holding R1, press the left stick away from the enemy + triangle
Air juggle

Hell Bound - Face the Grim Grip and press R1+Circle
"Think of this as a a grappling hook-like move that you can use to reach far away platforms - but only if there is a globe to catch.

Buster - Press circle near an enemy
"This attack can be performed after you catch an enemy. Best used at the end of a combo, since it doesn't work well with juggleing.

Snatch - While facing an enemy, press R1+circle
Used to grab enemies in the air or on the ground

A bit more info from another site:

-The game will run at 60 fps constantly.

-The camera angles will be more film-like

-New characters can be unlocked after clearing the game

-Protagonist Nero's weapon Devil Bringer will not be used heavily

-Dante will play differently from Nero, he will possess the four battle styles like in DMC3: Swordsmaster, Gunslinger, Royal Guard and Trickster.

-The relationship between Nero and Dante will be the focus point in this game and future series

-The frost enemies will become one of the major enemies, they can disappear and emerge again, and attack in groups

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
+1 Rep indeed, great post ^^

Haha, I was wondering where the frost level went XD

Gah, I hate fighting Frosts <_< I'm glad to see Capcom are working hard on it, hopefully as hard as number three. And hooray for Yuji Shimomura! :D

Top Bottom