• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prompts!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So, here be where I will post the weekly prompts!^_^

Fanfiction as well as original fiction are welcomed.
Although I will say, Devil May Cry fanfics are encouraged - reason being that this is a DMC site, and usually when fans browse forums like these they're hoping to be flooded with DMC fics in the fanfiction board.

A new prompt will be posted every Monday morning
Important to Note: We will be working on UK time. Google the World Clock to make sure you submit in time.

You have until midnight Friday evening to submit your work (you can submit it any day of the week up until then). Any fics entered thereafter will not be illegible for that weeks' nomination.
When you submit your piece, post it in the fanfic thread as per usual, then come into this thread and post the link to your entry, using this format:

Author:
Title:
Fandom/Original:
Rating:
Link:

Your work has to revolve around the prompt or it won't qualify for nominations. Fics have to be at least 1000 words in length.

Saturday a poll will go up for the fics that have made the deadline. The poll will close on Sunday, so if you want to get in there and vote, then get to it. The winner will be announced when the next weekly prompt is posted here.

For anyone who hasn't participated in prompts before, it's fairly simple. I give you a subject to write about. You dish out a fic that either has the subject play a major role, or you just refer to the subject itself - as long as the subject appears in your fic, you're good as gold.

Example:
prompt - red.
Fic:- about red hairy monsters
- someone having a bad day and seeing red
- red blood
- red santa claus...you get the idea, right?

----
*kapoei!*
Now that the burdensome guidelines are done... get yer minds tickin' and yer fingers clickin'!

PROMPT 1:
Strawberries

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
PROMPT 1 Results!!

In first place with a whooping 7 votes is
DreadnoughtDT!!
For his excellent humour DT wins
ChocolateChipCookies_l.jpg

In second place with a whooting 5 votes is
Tonks!!
For her awesome visuals of strawberry fields Tonks wins
1-717063.jpg

thankyou.gif
for participating you guys.

If anyone else feels up to joining this week's prompt, please do so! All you have to do is write a 1000 word piece with the prompt either as subject, theme or obvious reference.
See my first post for guidelines.

Now on to the next prompt! Seeing as last weeks' was a bit of a brain-scratcher for some (and hence they didn't feel confident in taking on the challenge), I'll try ease you guys into it a bit more gently this round. The prompts will get a bit more challenging as the weeks go on, so get in and get your creative juice flowin'!

Prompt 2: Water.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I have a question in need of answering!: So, it CAN be original, then? Because TCD's was, and I thought you said ONLY fanfiction. I have some new characters (and old ones, too) I'm itching to write short stories for, and I'm trying to get out of the habit of writing fanfiction. And I really want to do these prompts. >.<

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^
kaffeetrinker_2.gif

I'll blame it on me rushing to get the poll up and being more focussed on word counts and the prompt theme. Major blooper on my part - but yeah, okay Dani, I'll go amend the rules a bit so originals are welcome too. Anything that encourages writing...the things I do for love!
bore.gif

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
PROMPT 2 Results!!!

With a tie of 3 votes each are
BlueDevil
Vergil'sB*tch

and
The Crazy Demon
Congrats you guys, you win:
300px-RedQueen.jpg
2188307758_731998f8b3.jpg
, and
Rebellion.jpg

In second is Meg127 with the lovely price of:
EBONY_and_IVORY_DEVIL_MAY_CRY_by_Kadza_Neon.jpg
Thanks for joining in Meg! :)

On to this week's prompt!

PROMPT 3 - Sword.

Meg

Darn it. I couldn't even win my favorite sword. >_< Haha, just kidding. I know what I'm gonna do for this prompt. Already working on it...

Top Bottom