• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible white haired Dante

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
He looks uber sad. Mus be a tragic ending.
8208191520_3f7f04f1e0.jpg

His hair is longer than the one we see now and he looks much older like this...

Well, they did say this was the ultimate end of the game, and this is the story of how he became who we know as Dante, including a back story to his white hair.

I did alot of research on the subject of white hair in asian cultures and it lead to a very long and almost fruitless search. It seems that it's more unspoken but universal thing much broader than Demonic heritage all around.

I hate to sound like a DMC fan from 2 years ago but...he looks emo. :lol:

berto

I Saw the Devil
T
I just prefer Dante to have white hair is all. It's as much a part of him as the color red to me.
All in all this was the ultimate conclution. We knew this was comming from the very beggening.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I just prefer Dante to have white hair is all. It's as much a part of him as the color red to me.

I do to, but I must say, without his signature red coat this Dante looks pretty freaken weird and out of place with white hair.

Give him a red coat at the end of the game and then I'm sold.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Dante isn't supposed to be skinny either and his new look is drastically changed

His coat is black,ugly and dull he has a more punkish attitude and he has short hair its supposed to show that the character is supposed to be like a fugitive Nasty looking and unlikable.. and white hair is just so irreverent and pointless ATM

Can't you guys see THE WHOLE appearance/Personality change ? is the white hair only thing of your concern ?

If you take the title,character names,and the copied story elements its not a DMC game

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Dante isn't supposed to be skinny either and his new look is drastically changed

His coat is black,ugly and dull he has a more punkish attitude and he has short hair its supposed to show that the character is supposed to be like a fugitive Nasty looking and unlikable.. and white hair is just so irreverent and pointless ATM

Can't you guys see THE WHOLE appearance/Personality change ? is the white hair only thing of your concern ?

If you take the title,character names,and the copied story elements its not a DMC game
I saw Dante as an ass hat in DMC3 and DMC4. He's still an ass hat in DmC. So nope, no change in personality in my eyes.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I saw Dante as an ass hat in DMC3 and DMC4. He's still an ass hat in DmC. So nope, no change in personality in my eyes.

Nope..

> He wasn't a punk/gritty fugitive
> DMC3 dante never used profanity

he's still an ass-hat because fans want him to resemble DMC3's dante in some sense

Tiran

The great pretender.
Nope..

> He wasn't a punk/gritty fugitive
> DMC3 dante never used profanity

he's still an ass-hat because fans want him to resemble DMC3's dante in some sense
Personality, demeanor and traits may change in people as they learn and grow. That's part of what makes a great character arc. Clothing is superficial in the early stages of this development as it can be changed easily. The situation he's in is just an unfortunate result of the state of the world he's in. He's not skinny, at all. Not huge, but, not skinny. His build is athletic, toned and trim. Compare his build to his slim look in DMC 2 and the anime version of Dante. His hair however, is the most physically 'Dante' thing about him that can be used to identify him as Dante despite any other cosmetic or story based changes.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Compare his build to his slim look in DMC 2 and the anime version of Dante. His hair however, is the most physically 'Dante' thing about him that can be used to identify him as Dante despite any other cosmetic or story based changes.

Well if we were talking in the context of anime i could agree but we're talking about a video game hair color doesn't matter much

he's still dante even though his hair is BLACK See !

you can say that his build is athletic but when compared to old dante he's leaner and less muscular

Tiran

The great pretender.
If I cut a lion's mane off, it's still a lion. If I take a sharks fin away, it;s still a shark. if I clip an eagles wings, it's still an eagle. However, the very defining traits have now been swapped to alter the creatures from their most recognizable and iconic forms. They are what they are, now, despite the unnecessary changes- not because of them.

ninjaa93

dude its Dante. that's his character traits you cant complain its a trademark thing in a since the people talking about the hair are in the right cuz its just the nature of the character , people are not starting to hold on to this black but it never was meant to stay like that the red and white is like his superhero costume while the black hair is just his normal attire.

what im saying is when it comes to hero in manga games and comic books coler plays a big part in making the hero yes the can change it around from time to time but the key things stay not just for fans for the company trademark is important mega man blue robo dude, ryu white gi red head band, dante red coat white hair.

we knew from mid way through devolpment they wanted to tell us how he got there not change him for good do you think he could get away 3 more games looking like this?

scionicspectre

I can't wait until the game comes out so people can blowing these inane details out of proportion. Of course, even then they'll claim everything will change in 'the sequel'.

Grraaagghgh. He's Dante, white hair or not. I can just imagine Dante pointing to his face and saying, "hello, down here."

Dante47

Well, he may be sad because of the journey he took to get his demonic powers. Vergil, Eva, Sparda, and maybe Kat will be gone if this game completes the origin story.

scionicspectre

Ever consider that someone merely modified the ripped model's textures, among other things? It looks like someone applied the color to the entire texture without any variation, and I doubt the game designers would consider that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dante did have an alternate costume with longer hair or something like that, but I doubt it would look quite like that model.

Sunaka Marién

Ever consider that someone merely modified the ripped model's textures, among other things? It looks like someone applied the color to the entire texture without any variation, and I doubt the game designers would consider that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dante did have an alternate costume with longer hair or something like that, but I doubt it would look quite like that model.

Yes, I did consider that, but since there was that photo from, I think it was TGS? with a screenshot behind the guys presenting the game with Dante having the same hair in this one, it dosn't seem that odd. And about the color, isn't it like that when he goes Devil Trigger, too?
But yeah, it's possible that it's just a mod. I really hope so, actually :/

scionicspectre

Since there are filters on the display when you're in Devil Trigger, I couldn't say if it's a single hue and saturation.

I wouldn't doubt it if something like DMC 1 Dante were an alternate costume, but I'd expect that to be more than a recolor with some longer hair. Of course, it could be possible that they would have an alternate costume that merely aludes to the old Dante rather than being a blunt way of grafting him in.

Still, I don't think it would be necessary. I'm fairly certain that if such a model exists, it wouldn't have a huge impact on the story.

Top Bottom