• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

POSITIVE DmC thread

AlchemistFromEden

rules of this thread, discuss positive things about the game, no debating, none of that pseudo-intellectual nonsense about whether or not the game's writing is bad or that you didn't like when dante or vergil did this or if this happened to you blah blah blah, if you don't like the game, DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS THREAD, PERIOD, otherwise you are in the wrong because like i said, DO NOT POST ANYTHING IF YOU THINK THE GAME IS BAD OR "HURR DURR ITS NOT AS GOOD AS DMC3 THEREFORE ITS INFERIOR HURR DURRDY DURR" :mad: looking at you macabre and dontexdemonkillah(how mature), i am not saying fanboys only, i am saying i'm tired of each and every thread being derailed by the same people

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I liked that they tried something new, and there is room to go forward and improve if there is a sequel.

I like new Dante. Even though he isn't human at all, he seems more human because of how he changes in the game, plus his terible past and what he's had to go through.

Mundus was a cool villain, I liked how he was reimagined as a banker to fit with this day and age, but I wish he wasn't stuck in his tower like demon Rapunzel.:p He could have been a bit more of a threat if he was walking around the city.

Lilith: she made me laugh so much. Plus she was awesome when she was catty and bitchy. The I actually felt sorry for her in the exchange. Nice acting and mocap for me to actually give a toss about a character. :cool:

I liked the story, it's fitting for our time. I like the idea of demons being in charge, but I would have liked to see more forms of demon manipulation.

Combat was fun, but no need for demon dodge for me. Make that into a royal guard. Also, no more giving out SSS ranking like a candy machine when you put money in.

But otherwise, fun game, I had fun, loads of cool extras to unlock with the art, and room to improve. ^_^

AlchemistFromEden

I liked that they tried something new, and there is room to go forward and improve if there is a sequel.

I like new Dante. Even though he isn't human at all, he seems more human because of how he changes in the game, plus his terible past and what he's had to go through.

Mundus was a cool villain, I liked how he was reimagined as a banker to fit with this day and age, but I wish he wasn't stuck in his tower like demon Rapunzel.:p He could have been a bit more of a threat if he was walking around the city.

Lilith: she made me laugh so much. Plus she was awesome when she was catty and bitchy. The I actually felt sorry for her in the exchange. Nice acting and mocap for me to actually give a toss about a character. :cool:

I liked the story, it's fitting for our time. I like the idea of demons being in charge, but I would have liked to see more forms of demon manipulation.

Combat was fun, but no need for demon dodge for me. Make that into a royal guard. Also, no more giving out SSS ranking like a candy machine when you put money in.

But otherwise, fun game, I had fun, loads of cool extras to unlock with the art, and room to improve. ^_^
this, more like this

Onecrazymonkey1

I was able to sympathize with Dante on a more personal level. He had a tough life from a young age and was sent to youth correction facilities and foster homes while being tortured by demons (you're not going to tell me this wouldn't give someone an attitude?) I'm actually surprised he does have a heart at all after being put through hell and back. I'm sure that's where he picked up most of his cursing from anyway since everyone loves mentioning his foul mouth so much. I feel that most of the characters were given more complexity personality wise. I just don't believe they're as flat as some people say. I would rather listen to Dante say a curse word here and there over Dante giving violent sexual innuendos like the Lucifer scene. I also did see Dante mature somewhat by the end of the game even if others choose not to see it. He does have more growing up to do but this is only one game and he's still young.

I loved Kat as well and I think it's too bad that people see her as a weak female character just because she can't do back flips or thunder punch a demon. She didn't have to be a top notch fighter to make a difference. She had a tragic past that she over came and didn't let it define her as a person. She was working against powerful demons that she had no defense against ( while being scared out of her mind no doubt).

While not perfect I did like the story and I think people are being a little hard on it for a hack/slash game; and no just because someone found enjoyment in it doesn't mean they're less smart than fans of the classic series.

I prefer the art direction for the main characters/level design/enemy design/limbo etc.

Most importantly, I had fun and that's what matters most to me.

Am I a fan of the classics as well? Yes so I'm not just a blind fan-girl. Do I think there is room for improvement? Yes. Do I think this game is perfect? No but that's for a different kind of thread.

I'm also going to say that these are just my opinions and not facts. Please respect that.

scionicspectre

:) Thanks for being positive, Dominus. You're a good guy.

I've said it a thousand times, but I really love how flexible and easy to learn the combat system was, and especially how fluid the controls became. It was much less difficult to pull off the same amount of moves with an intelligently laid out weapon set and control system. I feel as free as a bird when I play DmC.

I should also mention how I love the aerial combat- I mean, pause combos in the air? Genius! I can't praise the gameplay enough- it's some of the most enjoyable I've ever played, and it doesn't let you get too comfortable unless you're really doing all you can.

And well, I loved the characters. It just felt nice to watch their reactions and attitudes in their quest to take down Mundus. It was definitely good to see the story told in this way, as a dynamic group of people who have a common goal, but ulterior motives. All around just a fun and satisfying game that was worth the money.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Right, i should be more precise. I meant his voice actor. In reboot its David de Lautour who have played in Power Rangers Jungle Fury as Robert 'RJ' James, the Violet Wolf Ranger. In dmc3 it was Daniel Southworth from Power Rangers Time Force as Eric Myers, the Quantum Ranger.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
In dmc3 he was voiced by Daniel Southworth and he also played a power ranger. In DmC Vergil was voiced by David De Lautour who was also a power ranger :p

never knew that lol.

Which power ranger did both of their respective voice actors play?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I liked some of Dantes onliners.

(Seriously though, this thread is basically "I CAN'T TAKE CRITICISM: THE TRHEAD)

Top Bottom