• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[POLL] Best scene in Devil May Cry

Vote

• You don't have a soul

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dante's awakening

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Jackpot

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Bravo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noone can have this

• Do i know you?

• The King

• Summon and Kill

• One more Game

• Make Time

• Feather

• Yamato

• Might controlls everything

• Stand back

• Thank You Mother

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

I voted Yamato because it's clear that scene was meant to be sad. When Dante gave Yamato to Nero, he was not just giving away an object, but one with sentimental value.
Vergil's sword.
And Nero knew that, which is why he said "You forgot this".
Music and the voices are good!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I voted for Jackpot, because I prefer Dante and Vergil as a team rather than these two fighting each other for the sake of their sibling rivalry. It's evident I use these two in UMvC3 in my three man team. Also, I love the fact that Vergil would try Dante's way but only that one time... That was also the time Vergil smiled when asked by Dante on remembering what they used to say.
It is first used in DMC1 when Dante absorbed Trish's powers then he blasted his and her powers in his guns and drive Mundus away!

I like those scenes in the DMC series! :D

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I voted Yamato because it's clear that scene was meant to be sad. When Dante gave Yamato to Nero, he was not just giving away an object, but one with sentimental value.
Vergil's sword.
And Nero knew that, which is why he said "You forgot this".
Music and the voices are good!

That's a nice scene, too. I'm not sure which one I like best - all of these seem fairly unremarkable, to be honest.

And to the people replying cynically with 'odd, that's one of the few times Dante actually has a subtle moment where he could be taken seriously', YES, that was the point. Dante is meant to be mainly uncaring, playful, ironic and all that. That's his character. It's only when something serious that mainly relates to him happens when he starts showing his serious side, and that makes those scenes all the stronger. It's a break in character, I guess. I suppose you could call it a script device/tool, and it's something that helps scenes have more impact.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Odd that's like the only time when dante has a subtle moment where he could be taken seriously.

*Dante asking Trish to help people evacuate the city. Not subtle, but he was serious.
*Dante giving Yamato to Nero for first knowing "the kid" might mess up.
*Catching Credo. Extending his arms to prevent him from falling before he died.
*Shouting to Nero about how getting the chance to save the world doesn't happpen everyday while fighting the statue.

Few I can think of at the moment.

On-topic: I choose might controls everything. Vergil's tone says what he never said. Or perhaps it could be just me looking too much into it.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Hmm. you seem to miss my posts entirely.. i said that it was the only time he could be taken seriously i didn't say that he wasn't serious.

Ummm.... so he couldn't be TAKEN SERIOUSLY in that scene, and other scenes I mentioned? OK! Opinions, after all.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Hmm. you seem to miss my posts entirely.. i said that it was the only time he could be taken seriously i didn't say that he wasn't serious.

What exactly do you mean by 'it was the only time he could be taken seriously', then? As in, Dante wasn't joking around like usual, or... what? Meh, not important anyway.

Top Bottom