• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Plot Questions!

Evastia

... plot questions NOT involving the origins of Nero. :p

(spoilers)

I just finished my first play through, after wanting to play the game for years and just never getting around to it. I spent so much of the game thinking "Who the HELL is Nero?!?!" and not trying to piece together much else. Well, turns out no one really knows for sure who Nero is, BUT...

1. Why was Trish masquerading as Gloria? I assume to gather information on the Order, which I guess is why they busted in at the beginning of the game to try to kill Sanctus. But then, why did Lady have to then inform Dante and Trish about who the town's folk were and what they worshipped?

2. Wait... What... how did they get Sparda's sword, now?

3. Lastly, during the bonus ending, after protecting Kyrie, Lady and Trish blame Dante for "bringing Sparda into the spotlight." ... why? I thought they just always worshipped him.

Okay, possibly stupid questions, but they're bothering me none-the-less. Like I said, I spent so much of this game going "WHO ARE YOU NERO. I WANT TO PLAY DANTE."

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

(spoilers)

I just finished my first play through, after wanting to play the game for years and just never getting around to it. I spent so much of the game thinking "Who the HELL is Nero?!?!" and not trying to piece together much else. Well, turns out no one really knows for sure who Nero is, BUT...

1. Why was Trish masquerading as Gloria? I assume to gather information on the Order, which I guess is why they busted in at the beginning of the game to try to kill Sanctus. But then, why did Lady have to then inform Dante and Trish about who the town's folk were and what they worshipped?

3. Lastly, during the bonus ending, after protecting Kyrie, Lady and Trish blame Dante for "bringing Sparda into the spotlight." ... why? I thought they just always worshipped him.

Okay, possibly stupid questions, but they're bothering me none-the-less. Like I said, I spent so much of this game going "WHO ARE YOU NERO. I WANT TO PLAY DANTE."
1: Trish was there for information gathering due to what Lady said about The Order, she wanted to check out what Lady was saying about them collecting devil arms. Trish also wanted to be there I guess in case The Order tried to do anything. With her being a member of The Order's inner circle, it would be easy to know what they are planning.

2: Trish took the Sparda sword from Dante to The Order to win their trust, and to get Dante involved on the mission.

3: I think Lady means the Sparda sword. She's blaming Trish for taking the sword which helped The Order power up The Saviour.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
1- The scene where Lady appears the first time is to explain why Dante was in Fortuna, its actually before the events of the game. Trish disguised as gloria to gather info.
2- Trish as Gloria gave the Order multiple Devil Arms to raise though the ranks and obtain more info, but i guess she never expected that it would make them that powerful.
3-She was probably speaking about the sword and Sanctus transformation into Sanctus Diabolica.

And last, welcome to the forum :D

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

(spoilers)

lol there is no real completely 100% accurate info as to who nero is on this site there is atleast 10 threads about his origins with most accepting him as a big character plot hole. we all hope for a new dmc game which explains and ties him in properly though:) also any questions you have on any dmc game can be answered here whether it invloves story or gameplay i myself am running through devil may cry 4 s ranking so any help needed let me know welcome to the site

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. Why was Trish masquerading as Gloria?

Why is nobody answering this question? WHY did Trish dress up for the occasion? Why? Nobody there would know who she is in the first place, so why not just go as herself? Why create a fake alias? WHY?
And why is she never seen in the same room as Nero when she's herself? Sooooooo suspicious...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why is nobody answering this question? WHY did Trish dress up for the occasion? Why? Nobody there would know who she is in the first place, so why not just go as herself? Why create a fake alias? WHY?
And why is she never seen in the same room as Nero when she's herself? Sooooooo suspicious...
I would have thought it was for a disguise seeing as Credo says she is a stranger to them, but Sanctus seems to know that Gloria is really Trish, so...I don't know:/

1_zpseb4bad26.png

It seems like he knows she's Trish and he knows her connection to Dante, so her dressup was pointless except to fool Credo and Agnus and the rest of the holy knights.

Here she appears as Trish, but Sanctus calls her Gloria.
2_zps31b7033b.png

3_zps1c6548fc.png

But as far as we know, this is the first time he has seen her as Trish.

Unless when she gave him the Sparda sword, she did not go in disguise as Gloria:/ So, was the disguise something she did after handing over the sword to Sanctus to fool other Order members?

Or did Sanctus know who she was prior to this, even if she handed over the sword as Gloria, and just let her in to get Dante to come after her to get her and the sword back?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would have thought it was for a disguise seeing as Credo says she is a stranger to them, but Sanctus seems to know that Gloria is really Trish, so...I don't know:/

1_zpseb4bad26.png

It seems like he knows she's Trish and he knows her connection to Dante, so her dressup was pointless except to fool Credo and Agnus and the rest of the holy knights.

Here she appears as Trish, but Sanctus calls her Gloria.
2_zps31b7033b.png

3_zps1c6548fc.png

But as far as we know, this is the first time he has seen her as Trish.

Unless when she gave him the Sparda sword, she did not go in disguise as Gloria:/ So, was the disguise something she did after handing over the sword to Sanctus to fool other Order members?

Or did Sanctus know who she was prior to this, even if she handed over the sword as Gloria, and just let her in to get Dante to come after her to get her and the sword back?

I dont think sanctus knew about trish in terms of who she really was...i think she struck a deal with sanctus to get into their inner ranks to deliver the sparda sword to prove her trust. however she under estimated the order in terms of how fast they would gain strength. trish likes pretending so going in disguise doesnt seem outside her agenda lol she is a deceiver by nature so playing a part would be fun to her they knew they needed leverage to get into the order dante figured that he killed sanctus off in that first scene im sure they thought they would take back the sword after the hell gates were taken care of however again they underestimated what the order could do with that kind of power plus dante didnt know they had yamato

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

This seems to be the most likely explanation, right? There's got to be backstory here that didn't make it into the game. I mean how did they know who Dante was if he hadn't shown face before he took out Sanctus? How could Credo have otherwise known who Dante is?
And I still don't get how Nero could know Dante just came from hell. Did he think Dante was just another demon? Did he know that the Order wanted to track down Dante before he even showed up?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Other thing, maybe the people in the Order knew Eva and Trish appearance would be too obvious?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I dont think sanctus knew about trish in terms of who she really was...i think she struck a deal with sanctus to get into their inner ranks to deliver the sparda sword to prove her trust. however she under estimated the order in terms of how fast they would gain strength.

But, if he didn't know who she truly was, why would he call Trish Gloria, when this, by what we have seen in the game, is the first time he has met Trish?:/

It does seem like he was aware of her plan to try and stop them and have Dante come in to kill him. He does mention after he wakes up that 'he' Dante showed up, and how it was lucky he did the 'ascention ceremony'. So does that mean he did it as a precaution because he knew Dante would try and kill him?

At the most, from these bits, it shows Sanctus knew she was up to something.
3_zps1c6548fc.png

2_zps3dba8cd4.png

Then there's this bit
1_zps4a552de4.png

1_zpseb4bad26.png

So did he know she was Trish, but didn't know about her connection to Dante?
Or he knew but let her in anyway because she gave him the sword? It seems like he does know, but isn't bothered unless she causes him any trouble...

I don't know:/ I wish they had been a bit more clear on this kind of thing. Maybe a scene where she made the deal with him.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
This seems to be the most likely explanation, right? There's got to be backstory here that didn't make it into the game. I mean how did they know who Dante was if he hadn't shown face before he took out Sanctus? How could Credo have otherwise known who Dante is?
And I still don't get how Nero could know Dante just came from hell. Did he think Dante was just another demon? Did he know that the Order wanted to track down Dante before he even showed up?

Trish probably snitched along with giving the sword over about dante and his history and whatever information she could give without giving them too much. nero probably just thought he was another demon he couldnt have known anything about him at that time

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
But, if he didn't know who she truly was, why would he call Trish Gloria, when this, by what we have seen in the game, is the first time he has met Trish?:/

It does seem like he was aware of her plan to try and stop them and have Dante come in to kill him. He does mention after he wakes up that 'he' Dante showed up, and how it was lucky he did the 'ascention ceremony'. So does that mean he did it as a precaution because he knew Dante would try and kill him?

At the most, from these bits, it shows Sanctus knew she was up to something.
3_zps1c6548fc.png

2_zps3dba8cd4.png

Then there's this bit
1_zps4a552de4.png

1_zpseb4bad26.png

So did he know she was Trish, but didn't know about her connection to Dante?
Or he knew but let her in anyway because she gave him the sword? It seems like he does know, but isn't bothered unless she causes him any trouble...

I don't know:/ I wish they had been a bit more clear on this kind of thing. Maybe a scene where she made the deal with him.

All sanctuss knew was dante existed and was a fundamental part of their plan he didnt know that dante was coming to kill him it was def pure luck that he was able to come back im guessing trish set that up to kill off sanctus early in the plan before things got out of hand sanctus dfidnt trust trish but he didnt know she was working with dante thats for sure a deal was def made concerning info and the sparda sword beyond that sanctus and the order knew nothing he may have suspected but then if he knew why send gloria after dante lol he was suspicious but still in the dark

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
most like explanation for why Trish disguised herself as Gloria: because she looks like the mother of their god's children and works with one of those children. so there is a significant chance that they would recognize her if she came as herself.
most likely explanations for why Sanctus knew who she was anyway:
1. Sanctus said that he investigated Gloria's identity and Trish didn't have a lot of time to set things up unless she came up with the Gloria identity before this just in case she needed an alias at some point and Trish doesn't seem like the type to plan things out that much. it wouldn't be unexpected for an investigation to figure out a hastily created alias.
2. Sanctus never figured it out, he just sensed that the blonde standing next to Dante had the same demonic power as Gloria.

Reactions: Gel
Top Bottom