• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please tell me Dante's music isn't "Pull my Devil Trigger"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That song (Pull my Devil Trigger) has annoyed the living hell out of me every time it comes on, and the last thing I want is to have to hear it again while playing as Dante, let alone Nero. If anyone has any idea as to whether or not Dante will have a new theme? I didn't mind the Subhumanes one but now that that's gone, I hope we at least get a remix of maybe DMC1's lock n load or DMC3's Devil's Never Cry.

Last edited:

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
We don't know for sure Subhuman is gone. It might be reworked. I didn't like the song but I think it is salvageable. I like Little V's version quite a bit. For now they are pulling it from advertising but its fate in the actual game is unknown.

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Devil's Never Cry was NEVER a battle music outside the final mission, DMC3's battle music was "Taste the Blood" it actually kinda sounds like subhuman ironically. I'm 99% sure they're looking for a replacement for dante's song. Since the 4chan army has dug up the vocalist's 2017 controversy and informed capcom about it. Its kind of a ****ty thing to do just to get a song removed from a video game but hey, its 4chan. There are no morals.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I didn't like the song but I think it is salvageable.

I think that horror is beyond salvation unless they remove any kind of... sigh... "vocals", and just leave the instrumental there. But that would kinda clash with the dynamic BGM system they have.

I think they're gonna look for another song altogether.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That song (Pull my Devil Trigger) has annoyed the living hell out of me every time it comes on, and the last thing I want is to have to hear it again while playing as Dante, let alone Nero. If anyone has any idea as to whether or not Dante will have a new theme? I didn't mind the Subhumanes one but now that that's gone, I hope we at least get a remix of maybe DMC1's lock n load or DMC3's Devil's Never Cry.
you do realize that if you preorder you get 3 battle themes from each of the first 4 games, right?

HOnestly, I thought PMDT was cringy as all hell the first time I heard it but it grew on me after a bit. Then, with all the trailers and videos and articles that used that song I got burned out on it fast. I didn't like Subhuman but I didn't hate it. On its own, meh, but as BGM, and as something playing while in combat, I kinda like it. It's not only not intrusive, it's fitting and it works.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
PMDT actually fitted just fine in Dante's gameplay in my opinion so if it was the replacement, I'd be fine with it.
I've been listening to PMDT almost every day and I'm still not sick of it.

Deadlegend

I’m going to hell y’all want anything?
I don’t know whether Capcom has enough time until March to make a deal with another artist/band to make a new song for Dante. So I guess the option may well be to either play to Devil Trigger or mute it and play something else instead.

EDIT: word mistake, welp!

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I got the DE ordered so I'll probably be listening to Devils Never Cry most of the time. Maybe Devil Trigger cause personally I like it, and Shall Never Surrender

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
in the Japanese version of the gameplay is still playing Subhuman

It's probably because the issue with the lead singer and those sexual misconduct allegations are probably not a big deal with the Japanese audience. That and the Japanese probably don't hate the song as much as the West does. I mean before the song was probably okayed by a bunch of Japanese dudes and dudettes (with probably Matt Walker and the composer). I mean I might be a bit of jackass saying this but there are genuine times I think the Japanese have questionable tastes or really don't care about being vocal about various things but I guess Westerners can be too passionate about everything.

Top Bottom