• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please share me your thoughts on how capcom could continue the old dmc series

ZeroLove

Actually Legends is a part of the Main canon storlyine.

It just takes place in the FAR future of 2000 years later.

But this is a discussion saved for a megaman themed topic.

I just read up on that after you wrote this and you are right. ^^
My bad.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Nero is a cool character and i have respect for him and even like him. Because he's not posing as Dante with the name labeled on his ass. And i swear to god unlike DmC Dante Nero is really awesome.

DmC Dante is like "Look at my eyes and two guns holded out. I am cool!". And your right my argument is flawed. But a game would be succesful by either making a new character or producing the same one in a reboot. A mix of both is **** off.

ZeroLove

Nero is a cool character and i have respect for him and even like him. Because he's not posing as Dante with the name labeled on his ass. And i swear to god unlike DmC Dante Nero is really awesome.

DmC Dante is like "Look at my eyes and two guns holded out. I am cool!". And your right my argument is flawed. But a game would be succesful by either making a new character or producing the same one in a reboot. A mix of both is **** off.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that then, because I would love it if Capcom continued both series. ^^
That just more Devil May Cry for me to play! :D

Clearing up Nero's background and continuing DMC2.
Although I don't think Nero has the capacity to carry whole game (only a novel maybe).

Tiran

The great pretender.
They should just conclude the series with an overarching story that covers everything from Sparda's rebellion to Nero's rise and fill it to the rim with unholy levels of fan service. Full scale demonic war. Lady sacrifices herself and dies, Trish loses her demonic soul and rises to heaven. It all ends with Dante separating his soul from his body to seal away the demon world just as his father did, now with rebellion as the seal. Nero, now a seasoned hunter, takes his place and walks away into the future. (holding Kyrie's hand) ... Or not.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
They should just conclude the series with an overarching story that covers everything from Sparda's rebellion to Nero's rise and fill it to the rim with unholy levels of fan service. Full scale demonic war. Lady sacrifices herself and dies, Trish loses her demonic soul and rises to heaven. It all ends with Dante separating his soul from his body to seal away the demon world just as his father did, now with rebellion as the seal. Nero, now a seasoned hunter, takes his place and walks away into the future. (holding Kyrie's hand) ... Or not.
I don't think holding kyrie or walking away into the future would conclude anything, fans would just start asking more ***** questions,like what happened to nero(even though it's a shiny-lived peacefully ever after) just like the dmc2 dante goes to hell & we heard the sound of 'HIS' bike(an obvious-Dante came back) fans still wanted to know what happened after(hurr,maybe it's not dante,maybe it's trish/lady...i mean, people seriously need to watch movies,not all endings are given in black & white). And they'll probably want to know what happened after-after or even before-before.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I ain't gonna buy a game that is released to explain story or stories that was supposed to be explained in the first place...

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Clearing up Nero's background and continuing DMC2.
Although I don't think Nero has the capacity to carry whole game (only a novel maybe).
That would be a good idea if it weren't for the fact that a prequel of nero about how he got the arm would mean no DT in that particular game as he did not trigger until dmc4. But anything is possible with capcom they could put in a DT in there and leave us to make sense out of the nonsense as they've always done with the previous titles.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

DMC's fifth game can continue with what happened in DMC2 with Dante in hell. This is how most of the fans want DMC to continue but a spin off with Vergil or Nero will be welcomed too as long as Dante is playable in some way. But if they truly want to bury Devil May Cry they'll continue with D*C.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think my main problem with 4 is that it could have explained how he got the arm and whether or not he is vergil's kid in the actual game rather than save it for a sequel.

Tiran's idea works but not in one game.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
I miss our pizza and sundae eating, lazzying around, sarcastic smartass devil hunter Dante!!!....that's all i have to say...

Tiran

The great pretender.
I ****ING HATE THE STRAWBERRY SUNDAE THING!!!!!!!! Pizza's such a cliche 'cool' food.
"I'm a badass"
"Oh. What are your trademarks? What defines you as a character, Mr. Redgrave?"
"A big ass demonic claymore..."
"Awesome!"
"Two twin 45 caliber pistols customized to my needs."
"****in' 'A', man!"
" I love pizza. Hold the olives."
"Kinda early 90's, but..."
"Oh, (makes cutesie face) I loooove strawberry sundaes."
"No homo...?"
"What?"
"Never mind."

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Food is ownage. That's the reason why millions of men eat each day.
Smoking isn't ownage...
That's why millions of men regret starting.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Smoking's not cool. The fact is, people do it despite that due to dependency on the nicotine. But, as a character trait in a grown man, I can take it a lot more seriously than Ice cream addiction.

ReRave

smug jerk
Food is ownage. That's the reason why millions of men eat each day.
Smoking isn't ownage...
That's why millions of men regret starting.
Funny, because DMC4 shows a pile of empty bottles in Dante's office.
And then there's the "I got wasted and married a mop, lolsokewlandrandom"-story.
Sounds like an alcoholic to me.

ReRave

smug jerk
It's still a vice a six-year-old should have.
Well, exactly. Why did they make Dante into a Kawai-Idol, if they wante to appeal to a Western audience anyways?
Seriously, what the hell did Capcom think when they released all those idiotic features of a demon-hunting half demon? It just doesn't add to the credibility of a supposedly dark and vengeful character.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well, exactly. Why did they make Dante into a Kawai-Idol, if they wante to appeal to a Western audience anyways?
Seriously, what the hell did Capcom think when they released all those idiotic features of a demon-hunting half demon? It just doesn't add to the credibility of a supposedly dark and vengeful character.

because despite his backstory Dante is not really a dark character. he makes lame jokes constantly while killing demons, can you really call that dark. an interest in strawberry sundaes fits Dante's personality he is not the kind of person that would worry about if what he is doing is cool.

and Capcom didn't start focusing completely on appealing to western audiences until DmC. Dante's strawberry sundae habit was mentioned in the Devil May Cry anime.

Top Bottom