• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Planning FABLE IV!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Peter Molyneux confirms Fable IV plans

Newly-minted Bafta fellow Peter Molyneux has all but confirmed plans for another Fable game, as he talks about his hopes for the 'next Fable' and how the last one wasn't good enough.

Since being given a Bafta fellowship on Wednesday Lionhead Studios' Peter Molyneux has been doing the rounds on the interview circuit (

including with us) and it looks he's accidentally said more than he should in one of them. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294211/next-fable-should-amaze-gamers-says-molyneux/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294211/next-fable-should-amaze-gamers-says-molyneux/

Speaking to CVG, he first of all admitted that Fable III wasn't up to snuff: 'I totally blame myself, not anyone upstairs, who all did a wonderful job,' he said. 'The planning was the problem. We had to look at the process.'
Then came the important bit: 'I think we took Fable III and realised it wasn't quite up-to-date with [the best modern games] and that we need to go forward.'
'But the great thing about Fable is there's nothing quite like it out there. There's nothing wrong with FPS games, but they are what they are - their currency is what they blow up. Our currency is this beautiful charming dramatic world that has different things in it every day.'

'I have a very clear idea where Fable will go in the future. Trying to be diplomatic, I think that whatever we do next with Fable, we should just amaze people with the quality,' he added.
As you see, he never comes out and admits Fable IV is happening, but it's hard to interpret those last couple of sentences in any other way.
Except of course this is Peter Molyneux, who has a habit of making things up 'to stop journalists going to sleep' - as he admitted in his Bafta acceptance speech (which you can watch here if you missed it.)
That didn't stop Microsoft making CVG put up a disclaimer saying that Molyneux 'did NOT announce or refer to 'Fable 4' at any stage' though, so either he's let slip a secret or he thought the guy he was talking to was about to nod off.

Just a note to Lionhead Studios... please don't include the Crawler... I don't appreciate nightmares or being paranoid of the dark. Thanks

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Cool I love this - 'So either he's let slip a secret or he thought the guy he was talking to was about to nod off.' - Brilliant! :D
I must admit I loved the first Fable, the second one for me was a bit 'is that it?' The third one was alright, but it was definatley lacking something, so i'm pleased they recognise this and do something about it.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut

If the guy behind the Fable games keeps making high hopes for himself, he's going to end up making us say, "I ran."

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, i was just excited when i saw this, and i know there are a few Fable players on here.
Becoming ruler of Albion in Fable 3 was a little disappointing for me, all i could think was... "THATS'S IT? no battle to take on the ruler... nothing spectacular..." i just generally thought it was a fail.
I loved Fable 2. I do have Fable the lost chapters too, but my 360 is finding it a bit of a b*tch to run.

I just hope Lionhead reall do learn fromm their past mistakes

Dark Drakan

Admin
It was taken out of context and most of the publications have admitted so, he didnt admit to working on a new Fable he just said he undertstands the issues of past ones (which he always does) and said the next will be better (which he always does). Its a shame he always says how much better the next will be and says he understands the issues with the past ones but then they come out and then they have same underlying issues as the last. I didnt mind Fable 3 but it doesnt compare with most current gen RPG's, though the moral choices have gotten better. Just wish they would fix the generic NPC and stupid expression system, people have been saying this since Fable 1 so if Peter started to listen then he might learn something. Hes a great ideas man and i have a lot of respect for him but he needs to start backing up his words.

I think he should step away from Fable for a while and work on something else and then go back to the drawing board with Fable IV and take what worked from previous ones and keep that but then start from scratch with the rest.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
PETER, STOP.

Step AWAY from any ideas regarding the next Fable, because everything since The Lost Chapters has gotten progressively worse, you need a break, your team needs a break, you need to come back with something fresh and actually innovative.
Better yet, you need to do some work on your old IPs.

Remember the Black & White series? People LOVED those games, myself included, go carry on with a game or two there, abuse the hell out of the new technology you've got and make a mind blowing sequel to Black & White 2, get back on the ball, get a hell of a lot of praise, get your team's confidence back up, THEN go back to Fable with a better look at what people want.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Make a new Black & White, Peter, or I might have to take a bus down to Lionhead and hit you over the head with a wet haddock.

Owl-Boy-forever

Shaikan darkness warrior
i'm sort of looking forward to thenext fable, well, because i've beaten all the others, and hopefully if they do make another Fable game, its better than the rest

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know, he had marketed the first Fable as "the best RPG ever created". Kind of bigheaded if you ask me. Sure it's a great game, and blows 2 and 3 away IMO, but the best ever? Far from it.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
pretty much what credo said. this fable needs 5-6 years of development considering some of the graphics in F3 are topped by original XBOX games (fire effects come to mind).
hell, just let us sort it all for you. on the fable forums we've had a "what would you like to see" thread for each fable sequel each totaling thousands of replies. i think with half of those he could have made a worthy sequel, but i've become convinced that Lionhead is now just Microsofts profit dog with Peter selling himself out. they're literally stitches away from being grouped with Activision and EA in my regard to game developers.

Top Bottom