• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phantom Souls (Chinese knock-off)

berto

I Saw the Devil

So... A rip-off been passed off as a mobile spin off. They even went as far as to make a youtube page called Capcom Jp. Really wanted to sell the lie.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It is fake. It's been found out it's some Chinese game that ripped off DMC.

Plus I mean, come on. That CapcomJP channel has 79 subs and 1 video. If that doesn't scream fake...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, I thought it was. My kanji might be atrocious but I can still tell Japanese and Chinese apart. Well, looks like someone's going to get sued.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Mostly what i know to get down thse Chinese ripoffs games is hard, Capcom can block accounts or force to delete trailers but in end we all know these games will prosper in China beacuse there is no copyright law that would enforce to stop, believe me i seen many Ripoff games from Chinese devs, those are even on Mobiles too and i seen many DMC ripoff games from them.Beside this trailer still looks too fake.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So that's how it works. China has no copyright laws. Bootleg capital of the world for a reason.

Anyway, I'll be editing the thread a bit now, what with the confirmation off fakeness been so blatant.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Is it bad that this is probably the best cut scene of Vergil killing demons despite it being a rip-off.
Not only that!
The irony of remembering how DMC actors complained how Capcom doesn't seem to know what to do with characters and seeing a simple rip off replicates Vergil's majestic behavior so well.
It's like contemplating a Vergil's spin off we will never get.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Come on. You're both exaggerating. As cool as that cutscene looks, it still can't hold a candle to Shimomura's work, both in terms of cinematography and choreography.

Gel

Premium
Come on. You're both exaggerating. As cool as that cutscene looks, it still can't hold a candle to Shimomura's work, both in terms of cinematography and choreography.
This is ( in a way) Shimomura's work since someone shamelessly replicated it.Funny enough, this cutscene shows how a Vergil's spin off would be welcomed by fanbase, even if Capcom is afraid of taking that risk. People are still drooling at this knock off even knowing this is fake.

Edit:
I wonder if Dan already knows about this game.How would he react listening to his own voice in some pseudo Vergil?!LOL

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
Hmm, someone found out his name is Fate and here you can watch some gameplay with this character:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Remind me more of FF but "Stylish" was a dead giveaway.

One of the background characters did look like Dante tho. He had a cool outfit.

Alright which lovely lady do you want to be nero's mom?

outoftheblue

Hell no. At least in the Pachinko's case, that money would go to Capcom to possibly help fund an actual DMC5.
Or another Street Fighter game, or Sengoku Basara or Resident Evil.... I´m not saying I would prefer this joke over a DMC game, but what´s really sad is that it loks so much more interesting and better than that half cooked Vergil cutscene we got in the DMC4SE.

Sorry, I doubleposted and then deleted it.
@Gel We got pseudo Vergil, pseudo Dante AND pseudo Bayonetta :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
Or another Street Fighter game, or Sengoku Basara or Resident Evil.... I´m not saying I would prefer this joke over a DMC game, but what´s really sad is that it loks so much more interesting and better than that half cooked Vergil cutscene we got in the DMC4SE.
I can't like your post enough, nor a I cannot agree more with you. You told me something quite prophetic in the past: Vergil's past will never be revealed, Nero's existence will never cleared out and everything we will got is some some uninteresting story without content nor interesting facts.

@outoftheblue , all of the characters with their original counterparts voices.Lol.In this video we can even listen the guy in red saying "break down" with Dante's voice.

Last edited:

outoftheblue

@Gel Thanks, Gel, but I really hate to be such a fun spoil. Hopefully I will be wrong and we will get everything about Vergil...hell, hopefully we´ll get Vergil at all.
Ok, I´m out before I crumble down like a baby.

Reactions: Gel

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
it loks so much more interesting and better than that half cooked Vergil cutscene we got in the DMC4SE.

What do you mean? They're both fighting scenes. It's the same thing. Except, the one from DMC4 is better shot and choreographed cause behind it there's more budget, an expert action actor and a more expert director.

As it's often the case with Gel too, I think that's just spite/frustration for how DMC's being seemingly ignored talking. Which I can understand, but let's try to rationalize.

Gel

Premium
No, it isn't @Foxtrot94 . DMC4Se was more expensive, but less entertaining than this one, which means Chinese had done more with less.
You always treat people condescendingly when someone does not like something you like. I really believed, at this point, Capcom can't deliver something interesting enough to compensate what they have done for years.
Me and @outoftheblue are not the only people to think that, believe me if you want.

Top Bottom