• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peace...Truce....What Ever You Want To Call It

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
We need to come together as a community and reunite. We have already lost one admin, Angel, and this forum is just becoming out of control. It seems like a lot of the arguing and trolling has simmered down since the DmC revelation...but that doesnt mean emotions will not rise in the next thread or whatever. We need to have peace. We need to just accept the differences and move on. We need to make this an enjoyable place so our friends do not need to leave anymore. And we need Angel back.

That's all im gonna say.

Aside from...please come back Angel

Dark Drakan

Admin
We dont need peace we need maturity its that simple. Im usually the blunt member of staff so i shall keep it that way. A lot of the things that have gone on here lately havent been 'out of control' they have been childish, petty and immature. Not the community of like-minded gamers we envisioned when these forums were created but 5 year old children who argued with each other over the drop of a hat.

Then when something offended 'them' they all upped sticks and created some leaving thread wanting a pity party and we just got sick of it. Sharon was sick of being insulted and told we werent doing our jobs properly. Soon as people grow up and get some maturity into them and get back to the proper gaming talks we wanted here theres nothing we can do to help you lot. Its down to all of you not us, we can break up the fights but we cant stop them from happening altogether as only the community themselves can do that.

With that said i appreciate what your trying to do with this thread but people need to take action instead of merely saying they will change.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
It's only natural we were waiting a long time for DMC5 and it's understandable that a lot of people feel like that was all a waste of time because it wasn't the sequel they were expecting.

If DMC5 in it's own way wasn't giving me almost everything I wanted out of the next game I would be raging alongside them. As long as it doesn't turn into angry mud slinging I think people should be allowed to voice their opinion and get frustration out of their system. If they can't do it here then where can they do it?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Darth Angelo;275552 said:
It's only natural we were waiting for a long time for DMC5 and it's understandable that a lot of people feel like that was all a waste of time because it wasn't the sequel they were hoping for.

If DMC5 in it's own way wasn't giving me almost everything I wanted out of the next game I would be raging alongside them. As long as it doesn't turn into angry mud slinging I think people should be allowed to voice their opinion and get frustration out of their system. If they can't do it here then where can they do it?

Its a game, i dont even play DMC and i still work here and have some good gaming conversations. Plenty of other games out there to take peoples time. Im all for voicing opinions but when people just start arguments with each other over nothing its just tedious. Some people will like the new look and some wont. Everyone starting insulting each others tastes and stance as gamers and not the game itself after a while.

Plus the fact its been announced a matter of days and people are acting like its already been released and is the worst game ever. Why cant people just take the 'wait and see' approach? Ive been gaming a damn long time and ive seen some of my favourite game series ruined and studios close but i havent bitched about it ive just moved onto another game in the meantime until the series returns to form.

Meg

^ Because that would make to much sense.

People like to whine and act like idiots on the net because they can get away with it.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
all im saying is that its something to bring to people's attention...because this is a place where we go to get away from the problems of our lives, not create more.

Captain Ren

Tribble
meg127;275554 said:
People like to whine and act like idiots on the net because they can get away with it.

THIS.

i had my baww moments as well but i got over it and found plenty of others things to do (in real life) than whinning around. going out, the gym, gaming, work. i meant, wih the amount of crying around, i can understand people ignore each others and then ragequit the place. I'm saddened to say that maturity on the net is like a good game theses days. it happen but its getting more rare.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I must say, we do need a lot more maturity... But as long as the world keeps turning, immaturity will still run rampant. It's a sad but true fact...

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I agree we should be able to voice opinions without being trashed. We all have different opinions, and opinions aren't right or wrong they are just what we like in our games. So, I agree we need to be mature and just agree to disagree.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Storm Silves;275561 said:
I must say, we do need a lot more maturity... But as long as the world keeps turning, immaturity will still run rampant. It's a sad but true fact...

Well out of every community ive co-owned this one has shown the least maturity. The others have the odd bout here and there with 1 or 2 members but nothing like this.

DanteDude99;275563 said:
I agree we should be able to voice opinions without being trashed. We all have different opinions, and opinions aren't right or wrong they are just what we like in our games. So, I agree we need to be mature and just agree to disagree.

GamblingGambitCloud;275564 said:
we need to be mature about others opinions....and we need to respect others

There you go, thats all we need people to understand. By all means voice your opinion as thats what forums are for but doesnt mean you have to trash anyone elses or discredit others views. Debates are fine but theres no room for narrow-minded insulting people. I mean all the threads like this are hardly going to endear new members to the community or make them feel like this is a place they want to stay. Its up to you to make it a warm tight-knit community that people want to be a part of as we can only do so much. We know what it could be like here as we have some really great communities who enjoy sharing opinions with each other.

Mr Anderson

Also, a debate is explaining your views and what you think of someone else's. Narrow-mindedly insulting people is flaming and trolling and causes disputes that lead to bad things.So debate all you want to tell why you think what you think don't just say "NO YOU SUCK" or "LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING" that's not debating. Debating is "well i like this better because" or "i have trouble using that here so i prefer this"

DanteDude99;275579 said:
Also, a debate is explaining your views and what you think of someone else's. Narrow-mindedly insulting people is flaming and trolling and causes disputes that lead to bad things.So debate all you want to tell why you think what you think don't just say "NO YOU SUCK" or "LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING" that's not debating. Debating is "well i like this better because" or "i have trouble using that here so i prefer this"

Yeah,just mine thoughts too.
There is too much of these "NO YOU SUCK"....since the new DMC5 trailer.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Its all so obvious.

If most ppl thought before they they typed there wouldn't be as much trouble.

Then there are the ppl that can be rude and still stay within the rules.
How that works, i have no idea.

Meg

^I'm baffled by that to. :wacko:

I say just lock the entire DmC section of the forums. ;)

Mr Anderson

Well if we did that people might start flaming and trolling in other sections and that would be worse

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I am also appalled at the rudeness that somehow slithers past rules. It sickens me, almost, that they can get away with that. I hate loopholes...

Anyways, I say that locking the section would be... Counterproductive, I think is the word? If we lock that section, then the rage will just spill into the other threads. You think it's chaotic right now? It'll be HECTIC if we lock the DmC section.

All in all, I enjoy a good debate, but when the other person starts getting on my nerves, I seem not to have the common sense to back out...

I'm 15, so I guess I'm immature still...

Top Bottom