• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC Version Trouble

Mortiis

I'm playing PC version of DMC4. I accidentally changed the screen frequency to something not supported by my monitor. Now I can't change it back. I uninstalled the game and all it's folders 2 times and still the same. I suppose it leaves the options in registry.

Is there anyone who can help me? At least post 2 screenshots which are Main Menu and Options Menu so I can change it back guessing which screen I'm in by sounds.

Thanks in advance.

Scippy

properties/compatibility at devilmaycry_dx9/10 u can change resoluton and few other things (in vista, not sure about xp)

Mortiis

Hmm are you sure about CCleaner? I'll try it.

I set the frequency to 120 :D so even 640x480 doesn't help. Really now, it should only show the supported frequncies in the game.

Thanks guys, off to try CCleaner.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Does it work on XP cos I'm thinking about getting it for PC but if I have to get Vista first, it won't be happening for a while.:unsure:

Mortiis

It works on XP with DX9 mode.

CCleaner didn't help. God, It's not runable anymore!

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME 2 SCREENSHOTS OF MAIN MENU AND OPTIONS MENU? PLEASE.

Jordan_L

Try doing a System Restore to the point before you installed Devil May Cry 4 for the first time. Or look for some settings you can change manually through editing your .INI. Use your Windows Search and type in key words that would bring up the registry and all folders to delete to.

c: \Program Files/CAPCOM/DEVILMAYCRY4

Mortiis

Was it really so hard to post 2 screenshots? Anyway I downloaded the demo and used it to get the positions of the options button and the freq. button. Everything is fine again. Thanks for help.

Top Bottom