• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC DmC: Rebinding Devil Trigger/Gun Special

Adaren

Excuse me if this has already been discussed in another topic, but my only disappointment with the otherwise excellent PC DmC port is the inability to rebind Devil Trigger and Gun Special like you can on the console versions.

Has anyone found a workaround?

Soupie

It kind of bugs me too. My gun special has been messing up quite a few times and it's difficult to turn DT off mid-combo with the way both mechanics are mapped.

Gbraga

Wait, you can't remap Gun Special?

This really, really, REALLY sucks.

WTF man. I'm honestly thinking about waiting for a fix now, I guess I'll start Ni no Kuni today.

Gbraga

I'm messing with some config files to see if I can remap that, I'll report if it worked in a minute.

Also, there is a lock-on option, and the reveal that Vergil has a style system. I'll test the lock-on as well.

Gbraga

lock-on does nothing, gun special seems to work since it does nothing when I press L1

djkinetic

This too was bothering me, and I have found the solution navigate to \DMC Devi May Cry\DevilGame\Config then open this file in notepad DefaultInput.ini, next find this line: GUNSPECIAL= NTB_V_GAME2

I use a PS3 controller emulated as an xBox360 controller, for me I changed the binding to be the left shoulder evade button so my config reads: GUNSPECIAL= NTB_LEFT_SHOULDER
save the file after you have made the necessary changes to the file. Start up DmC and gun special should now be custom binded to whatever you set it as.

Nessy

If you are going to rebind in the config make sure you don't have 1 button bound to 2 commands, if you don't want evade2 bound then make it NTB_NONE. I bound DT to my right analog stick being pressed down, and I wanted to unbind centre camera but it wouldn't let me, so I bound centre camera to the back button.

Top Bottom