• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Online play promised

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I also imagined multiplayer gameplay in series, but if They made it chaotic and without nonsense I could never enter this mode ever. In novadays some shooters are badly with chaotic multiplayer action so sometimes I can't recognize what to do and be killed by someone other :/

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
It could be like Dante's Inferno (the game) with those Lucia's Trials, but with Bloody Palace multiplayer! Would be cool.

That actually would be really cool. I wouldn't want co-op intruding on the story and I doubt they are gonna try and add competitive multiplayer, so a sepereate co-op mode would be very interesting. I dont really think the game needs it, though and honestly I think I'd rather have a super solid single player experience rather than them diverting any of their efforts to work on a multiplayer component. Also, I agree with Vergil'sBitch about online achievements...they suck. Even though I know a few guys who are also getting the game, I still dont like online achievements because I also do know people who either dont have XboxLive or just dislike multiplayer and its frustrating for them to not be able to max out some of their favorite games because of multiplayer achievements (I'm looking at you...Assassin's Creed).

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Multiplayer in a DMC game? Yea, not expecting that and not looking forward to it...I never really thought that multiplayer was fit for a DMC like game, imo =P

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hmmmm multiplayer In a Devil May Cry game doesn't excite me at all. If it does have multiplayer I think it will be someting pretty naff - not really thought out - because that's not what DMC is about.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
What if one player is playing as Dante, and the other is a boss? The person playing as the boss can make things harder than DMD mode could ever reach :eek:

ZeroLove

Multiplayer doesn't mean it will go MMO like World of Warcraft is. XD
An MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) is far different than the regular console games with online multiplayer functions. Usually, the console games with online multiplayer are alot more controlled and very limited within the boundaries of the game while an MMO is far wider and gives the player alot more freedom to play the game the way he/she wants. So calling a multiplayer function in the new Devil May Cry as "turning into World of Warcraft" would be very wrong.

ZeroLove

I think he is trying to say that one is Dante, one is the boss, as in versus one another, fighting against eachother. Reminds me of that Lord of the Rings game where you could play through the boss battles as the bosses. Was kinda cool. ^^

Top Bottom