• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ok, demo opinions?

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Right, so I frequently go on the GameFAQs forums, for DMC4 lately. Anyway, so I braved the forum today (since demo has been released) and its full of people moaning and whining.

Now I thought the demo was great personally. It was just like DMC3, only with better graphics and Neros new skills.

So I'm just asking, what are your opinions? Because if I'm not the only one who loved the demo, I'm quitting GameFAQs for good.

Ryujin

DARK SLAYER
kool sig how ya do it?

Well the demo was....AWESOME!!!!!! i can jus imagine what the real game has in store for us the first part i felt as if i were being rushed but got past the booss battle a bit easy wait it after i beat him the first time i died thhe rev up i hope has more effects to the sword i wanted sum dante action they needed more combos and slashes but we all know lots more moves r gonna b in the full game

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I can run my 360 through my PC (using a device called a capture card) and I took a couple of screenshots while I was fighting Berial :) Then I just photoshopped the lot together to make my sig :)

I agree the demo was fairly easy, but I play DMC on harder modes usually, and they feel easy on Normal too. I found Berial a challenge, not overly hard but he beat me twice because I was overconfident, now I think I've got the hang of it. I think fighting him on the harder settings will be as challenging as the bosses of DMC1 and 3.

DanteownzNero

Devil May Own
yeah u guys sed it all about the difficulty there cant wait to unlock the challenging modes

it was amazing tho

exceed seemed pretty useless as far as combos gos but its early days yet

also i was dieng for sum more moves espesh a nero style helm breaker

the devil bringer is just plain awesome and i cant wait to see what else it does

nero i underestimated i must say but dante still owns cant wait to see him in this

and my lord DMC in HD *drool*

100% for this bring on february :D

X_nick_X

Awesome!!!
I played it 2 hours straight (10 minute chunks got annoying).

Only problems was

1.The camera angle sometimes got stuck nothing major
2.Nero's move feel a little werid to me little dante when he swings up goes into the air and slams them down i sometimes keep slashing in the air(my fault).
3.The 10 minute timer.

over than that i think i burst 3 blood vessels in the playing of this demo:D

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
OK thanks, I've settled my decision that GameFAQs is just mainly populated by dumb/ungrateful people lol.

I'll stick to here in future.

master sayers

dmc4 all the way
The dmc 4 demo was awesome i remeber playin the first demo and tht was awesome and this one is even better people who said it was crap need to get a life to bad it only showed nero off tho

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I thought it was fantastic! I was concerned that it was going to be difficult. But it was just right, I thought it was easy to pick up moves and combo wise but then again I am used to DMC and I did know the moves it was just a case of figuring out how to do them.
But whats with the clock? it was like having your mum over your shoulder rushing you lol. Also I found that I hardly used the gun at all as I was able to use the DB to get hold of most out of reach enimies. (maybe once I have upgraded it a little) but just having one just seems a bit..bare and necessary where as with 2 you feel like you are making more of a dent.

I think I can honestly say that if tomorrow Capcom said that Dante is out of the game I wouldnt kick up too much of a fuss Nero is the man. Cant wait for the full game. 9 thumbs up thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Chrysander

A dude on the capcom forums was complaining that RB is the targetting button (on the xbox 360). That's the same as R1 on the PS2, which is what was used for targetting in the default controls in DMC3. I can't imagine why having RB as the targetting button would be a problem. What does everything think about that? I'm not intending to play the demo, but I wondered how people found the control set up, I haven't heard anyone else complain apart from that guy.

redRAID3R

Woo! I finally beat Berial. Its my first time to play a DMC game ever! It took me like 5 or 6 times of dieing. But i finally found out that revving the sword up helps take the fire out of hime like 10x more and on my first try of doing it i beat him! I haven't felt this accomplished about beating a boss in a long long time. And its just a Demo!

Joyce_Nero

The 10 minute timers suck a bit! XDD But actually that's the only thing I didn't like! I felt in love the graphics and the game play is cool. Had no problems with the camera but I didn't played that long yet! I just tested the demo! ^^'' But I will play more today! :p So...let's see! ^^

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
it feels just like 3 which is good, Nero feels a bit awkward though and slower. Oh and as a hint do stinger in the air to do a helm breaker.

also the controls are unchanged

Blizzardmon

Hell Rasier
I loved it... It was every thing Imangined it would be plus the videos were totally up to par. My parents thought the graphics were cool. So realistic.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I did it, beat Berial in the time limit :D Its because you can ignore some of the Scarecrows (when no barrier is in the way) while before I was killing them all and wasting time.

Chrysander

I'd like to see more videos of Nero's various combos, and the exceed being used properly. Most vids on youtube of the demo so far are pretty basic

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Have you played the demo, Crysander?

I dont think theres much complex stuff really possible, since Nero is obviously at his very basic form without any upgrades. I'm not an expert at Exceed, but so far the only thing I know how to do is to charge an Exceed lamp, which allows your next attack to be flame based. Also, you can tap the rev button as you combo to boost damage, but I havent even close to perfected it yet.

Chrysander

He has more than one combo, and you can do jump cancelling in the game like in DMC3. People seem to be sticking with just pressing attack over and over again, it could be mixed up more than that, they don't seem to be aiming for SSS combos.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Chrysander;64993 said:
He has more than one combo, and you can do jump cancelling in the game like in DMC3. People seem to be sticking with just pressing attack over and over again, it could be mixed up more than that, they don't seem to be aiming for SSS combos.

That's cause they aren't using exceed right or not using it at all. Someone said it is useless I totally disagree.:dry: It is hard to get sss combos without it. Well, bout as hard as trying for sss with dmc3 dante and not using the style button. But the thing about exceed is that trying to rev the sword manually takes way too long so I stick with the instant exceed.(rev inbetween slashes in a combo) which is pretty much a 'just frame' kind of thing. It takes some practice to get use to the timing. When poeple start to master it is when the real fun will begin.

LoL, one thing i do find amusing is how some of them don't seem to realize that he has more combos then just triangle triangle triangle triangle...;) Even more amusing is that one guy was complaining about how nero doesn't have a helm breaker type move!:lol: what a noobie:lol:

Top Bottom