• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Nominate] Best scene in DMC

IncarnatedDemon

Same thing as other topics guys. Go ahead and nominate scene(s) that you think is worthy of being voted for best scene.
The scene is independt of theme. So all type of scenes can be voted best scene.

Also do us the honor of sharing with us why you think the scene you nominated is a great scene.

How to share scenes with us:
1. Go to youtube, find out where the scene starts and ends
2. Write it down in forum post e.g "13:55 - 14:40"
3.at Youtube video containing your scene, enter this code at end of the adress bar #t=XhXmXs
Where X = a number, h=hour, m=minute and s= second
If there is no hour in video, just add minute and seconds.

4. Add the duration text with the link from Youtube video by marking the text and then selecting the chain icon, and pasting in the link .

RESULTS:
I nominate this:
13:55-14:40

If you have found a video that just shows the one scene your nominating you can just link to that video too. But if you must link to a walkthrough or a cutscene video, then use the first method.

The scene i nominated is great because its pretty profound and right. You can have the shell of someone, but that doesnt make you that person. A model can be pretty on the outside, but she is nothing worth if her inside (personality) is ugly.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There was a theory by someone that Nero's arm is the power of Vergil that Vergil's spirit granted him because Vergil saw how Nero felt about Kyrie, and wanted to aid him so that the thing that happened to Eva would not happen to Kyrie.
Why? How? If anything I assumed he was some kind of reincarnation of Vergil which is why he was able to wield his sword. Still, Nero is just the walking plot hole.

The walking plot hole who serves no freaking purpose whatsoever than to show a badly written shallow romance with a cardboard cutout love interest. *pukes*

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why? How? If anything I assumed he was some kind of reincarnation of Vergil which is why he was able to wield his sword. Still, Nero is just the walking plot hole.

The walking plot hole who serves no freaking purpose whatsoever than to show a badly written shallow romance with a cardboard cutout love interest. *pukes*

At least it's not Twlight romance.
images

IncarnatedDemon

Chancey post template

[Enter your opinion here ]

[Add bashing off the topic]

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

They kinda solved the Nero hole. According to a recent art book released in Japan, Nero is Vergil's child. And...I hate that fact.>_<

This is my nomination for best scene.It just really sets the tone of the game. Plus the music is awsome and the narration and fighting really fits.

You guys already showed my favourite parts ! :lol: (mostly the ones in DMC3 Mission 7 and the Intro)

Althrough I love a lot of scenes in the DMC games, I guess we have to agree (also judging by these vids) that DMC3 wins when it comes to EPIC moments and this is actually a great thing.

I mostly think DMC4 wins when it comes to funny moments but it also had some mesmerizing scenes especially when it shows the Fortuna town,because the graphics were amazing.

I also liked this scene :

Where there's Dante,Vergil and Lady against Arkham. (it was fun watching their asses getting beaten by Arkham,besides this it was cool to watch of course)

And this one was sad :

From DMC 1 I liked the scene when Dante meets Nelo Angelo and especially at the end when he sees his brother's amulet (also fav Dante^_^) :

Hmm,I start to guess why DMC3 is considered the best DMC game (not only because of the combat system) but also because it had an epic atmosphere,there are so many amazing scenes :ermm:.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They kinda solved the Nero hole. According to a recent art book released in Japan, Nero is Vergil's child. And...I hate that fact.>_<

I totally can't buy that. If anything some kind of reincarnation seems more plausible. Nero being his son sounds like Capcom was reading youtube speculation comments and sh!t and just said "f#ck it, that'll do."Could I really put that past Capcom at this point though? All in all it's a very stupid and weak conclusion anyway.

Seriously, can Capcom even make one DMC anymore that doesn't revolve around this weird family tree? It's generic as hell for one and also it doesn't do any favors for the DMC universe when it's just staying confined to this one plot line. It makes the world feel small.

Still, I don't buy it. Vergil had a hard on for swords, not women lol. And wasn't there some speculation about Dante even being his father but it was debunked by age differences? That logic would also apply to Vergil considering they were twins. I just can;t buy it but, it's not the first time they would have f#cked up this continuity.

Nero was seriously just pointless.

I totally can't buy that. If anything some kind of reincarnation seems more plausible. Nero being his son sounds like Capcom was reading youtube speculation comments and sh!t and just said "f#ck it, that'll do."Could I really put that past Capcom at this point though? All in all it's a very stupid and weak conclusion anyway.

Seriously, can Capcom even make one DMC anymore that doesn't revolve around this weird family tree? It's generic as hell for one and also it doesn't do any favors for the DMC universe when it's just staying confined to this one plot line. It makes the world feel small.

Still, I don't buy it. Vergil had a hard on for swords, not women lol. And wasn't there some speculation about Dante even being his father but it was debunked by age differences? That logic would also apply to Vergil considering they were twins. I just can;t buy it but, it's not the first time they would have f#cked up this continuity.

Nero was seriously just pointless.

I can say I agree. I would have liked the 'reincarnation' idea more since it sounds more credible. But then again,his looks would have raised questions.What any other 'normal human being' would have white hair and blue eyes and supernatural powers? Hmm.

I think everything can become interesting if you know how to 'polish' it and add more intriguing elements to it.So,within three *not counting the second one since it was only Dante* games I don't think it's being too overrated or too forced,yes, DMC3 was because that was the start for it and they needed to make back-story for the main character in order for the rest of the games to make sense and I found it very okay.

Yes,Vergil isn't the type to have such a liking towards women or to be a flirty guy like Dante,but he's half-human,I don't think he's that much of a stone,he's not even that villain-like anyway,he just seeks power. This may be one of my speculations,which would have made more sense,putting aside the age difference.I think (if they would have make it more believable) that Vergil would have had a son,so he could have some kind of legacy,in case he dies,just like his father had him and Dante before dying.It's not like there would have been any romance involved between him and a woman.
That was debunked because,probably,they revealed this.

I don't think he is that pointless.Of course,he could have been developed much more since he is a young character and putting him in different difficult situations so he can gain experience and such.
Dante is getting old and I think they thought that bringing a new character would give a 'fresh' feeling to the franchise and still keep the main protagonist of the series.At least I was happy they didn't get rid of Dante so it would remain Devil may cry.
Besides,weren't people whining about too few characters in DMC?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I can say I agree. I would have liked the 'reincarnation' idea more since it sounds more credible. But then again,his looks would have raised questions.What any other 'normal human being' would have white hair and blue eyes and supernatural powers? Hmm.

I think everything can become interesting if you know how to 'polish' it and add more intriguing elements to it.So,within three *not counting the second one since it was only Dante* games I don't think it's being too overrated or too forced,yes, DMC3 was because that was the start for it and they needed to make back-story for the main character in order for the rest of the games to make sense and I found it very okay.

Yes,Vergil isn't the type to have such a liking towards women or to be a flirty guy like Dante,but he's half-human,I don't think he's that much of a stone,he's not even that villain-like anyway,he just seeks power. This may be one of my speculations,which would have made more sense,putting aside the age difference.I think (if they would have make it more believable) that Vergil would have had a son,so he could have some kind of legacy,in case he dies,just like his father had him and Dante before dying.It's not like there would have been any romance involved between him and a woman.
That was debunked because,probably,they revealed this.

I don't think he is that pointless.Of course,he could have been developed much more since he is a young character and putting him in different difficult situations so he can gain experience and such.
Dante is getting old and I think they thought that bringing a new character would give a 'fresh' feeling to the franchise and still keep the main protagonist of the series.At least I was happy they didn't get rid of Dante so it would remain Devil may cry.
Besides,weren't people whining about too few characters in DMC?
I think they were looking to introduce a new protagonist to give freshness to the franchise but, why the hell would you do it in the form of Nero?

He like did nothing important and the dude looks basically EXACTLY like Dante. He also tries to act like Dante but he's just more of a p#ssy. You know, you can at least try to make a new character Capcom if that was the intention here.

I think they were looking to introduce a new protagonist to give freshness to the franchise but, why the hell would you do it in the form of Nero?

He like did nothing important and the dude looks basically EXACTLY like Dante. He also tries to act like Dante but he's just more of a p#ssy. You know, you can at least try to make a new character Capcom if that was the intention here.

As I said he could have been a promosing character,but he is actually powerful. That scene when he uses his Devil Bringer against the Savior was "woah".
He acts like Dante but isn't exactly a copy,he has waaay more angry issues.But you know,we already have a badass guy over here named Dante and one is enough,they could have given Nero,for example,a different personality,one that is a little bit more unique and not so Dante-like. Though,when it comes to temper he is different from Dante.
I saw his reaction differs from time to time from Dante's for example when encountering ladies.(here he reminds me of Vergil haha)

Top Bottom