• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No pre-order code...

LeoXCV

Single life for life
So I got my game through the door today (The date it's meant to be released) and I found no codes inside the box for that supposedly free pre-order bonus of the Vergil's Downfall DLC. And yes I pre-ordered the game beforehand, so what the hell. Is the code sent via e-mail, or have I actually been scammed? :/

Dark Drakan

Admin
So I got my game through the door today (The date it's meant to be released) and I found no codes inside the box for that supposedly free pre-order bonus of the Vergil's Downfall DLC. And yes I pre-ordered the game beforehand, so what the hell. Is the code sent via e-mail, or have I actually been scammed? :/

Depends on retailer but usually sent in email by most retailers.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I got it from Amazon, and I just checked my e-mails and there is nothing. The only e-mails from Amazon I have are a pre-order confirmation message, and then a dispatch confirmation; neither containing a redeem code. Has anyone else ordered from Amazon? If so where were your codes?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Vergil's Downfall isn't available yet. Don't worry. You'll most likely get it when the DLC releases.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Vergil's Downfall isn't available yet. Don't worry. You'll most likely get it when the DLC releases.
I know it's not out yet, but I've seen a lot of games still have a code given on release to then make the bonuses free when it does come out. It just seems like a strange way to go around it to me since almost every game that I have pre-ordered come with a code on release.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I know it's not out yet, but I've seen a lot of games still have a code given on release to then make the bonuses free when it does come out. It just seems like a strange way to go around it to me since almost every game that I have pre-ordered come with a code on release.
How about you try calling customer service?

mulalleybs

Pretty sure they advertised VD as being exclusive to gamestop preorders in the us. I have my preorder code for it.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
How about you try calling customer service?
I will be, I'm just posting this here to get more info so I can call/e-mail with as much detail possible.
Pretty sure they advertised VD as being exclusive to gamestop preorders in the us. I have my preorder code for it.
No, the bonus was given to a lot of retailers, Amazon included.
Quick question; was your code in the box, if so does the box have some extra print saying it contains it?

NwaDeKoko

I pre-ordered on Capcom Europe Store and also didn't get a code, I asked on their facebook in case it's an error from them but they only said xbox version will get codes later and I asked them about ps3 version but still no answer (i'll probably get one anytime soon tho)

Top Bottom