• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Bloody Palace for Vergil?! Thoughts on Vergil's Downfall

Gbraga

Whether your getting more content than entire games is besides point.
I am simply asking you:

How do you know VD isn't content that was taken out of game for sale?
I don't, but VD shows clear signs of a lower budget, made thinking about selling for a lower price, it doesn't have that "retail quality", even though the gameplay itself is even better than the main game imo.

If it was content from the game and they didn't take it out, reviews would read pretty much like "Vergil is a ton of fun to play, but his campaign is half-assed and there aren't many bosses, which makes us question if they were that wrong in just slapping Vergil into Dante's campaign in DMC3". They also showed signs that Capcom is changing the way they approach DLC with every on-disk DLC of RE6 being free, and Bloody Palace being free as well.

IncarnatedDemon

I don't, but VD shows clear signs of a lower budget, made thinking about selling for a lower price, it doesn't have that "retail quality", even though the gameplay itself is even better than the main game imo.

If it was content from the game and they didn't take it out, reviews would read pretty much like "Vergil is a ton of fun to play, but his campaign is half-assed and there aren't many bosses, which makes us question if they were that wrong in just slapping Vergil into Dante's campaign in DMC3". They also showed signs that Capcom is changing the way they approach DLC with every on-disk DLC of RE6 being free, and Bloody Palace being free as well.
I haven't followed RE so i can't talk about that, but BP being a dlc or free is absurd.

I don't understand the bolded part, so please rephrase/clarify :)

As for BP
if you consider BP's history as content:
- was in DMC 2 (not as dlc or S E )
- was in DMC 4( not as dlc or S E)
- was in DMC S E, so later if you bought dmc3se ud have full game +bp.
So BP is a standard in DMC games, excluding from DmC is ABSURD, and it being a DLC is also absurd.I mean when did the day come when content that people have gotten used to becomes all of sudden DLC?

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
I'm not disappointed with the six missions cause capcom wouldn't make at least 10 just to make the fans feel like it's a journey I'm upset there is no bloody palace and one boss fight they had a opportunity to make two more boss fights with the demon Kat and hollow Dante at least and this is almost one third of the original game in giga bites and it's so short it's hard to say if they will even make a BP for vergil cause he dont have six bosses to do it

Gbraga

I'm not disappointed with the six missions cause capcom wouldn't make at least 10 just to make the fans feel like it's a journey I'm upset there is no bloody palace and one boss fight they had a opportunity to make two more boss fights with the demon Kat and hollow Dante at least and this is almost one third of the original game in giga bites and it's so short it's hard to say if they will even make a BP for vergil cause he dont have six bosses to do it
They can just throw the Hunter, himself and Mundus' Spawn and have a decent amount of bosses. Those are the ones I'd like to play against with Vergil anyway, I hate Poison, Barbas and Mundus.

Terrutas

They can just throw the Hunter, himself and Mundus' Spawn and have a decent amount of bosses. Those are the ones I'd like to play against with Vergil anyway, I hate Poison, Barbas and Mundus.
I heard someone from InfernalWorks is working on a debug mode, I assume it'll let you pick vergil in Dante missions.

IncarnatedDemon

In General gaming discussion there is a thread called "Listening to fans".
Now is opportunity for Capcom to gain some respect from gamers(because they have lost it long time ago).
Gamers have spoken "No BP for Vergil?"

Will Capcom listen?

This is the principe of listening to fans. Doing something that isn't huge to please the fans. Doing things that may be part business plans is by no means "Listening to fans".

Peace out.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
They could do that but come on more vergil bosses to fight Dante would be cool and whatever Kat turned into I know when she turned you was like oh yea new enemy but it was just one lame stab and it was over

Norke

Some of the cutscenes are cool, like the one that starts the 'Campagin' (if you want to call it that), but some of them left my scratching my head asking 'Did you let the intern do these'. I can't remember where, but I swear there was a part where I had to stop and think if arms even bend like it showed. I understand why they didn't do it like they did in the main game, but after you watch them the first time for the story there isn't really a reason to watch them again because of how hit or miss they are.

As far as Vergil not being in BP, I'm sorely disappointed. I expected for awhile that he wasn't, but knowing for sure sucks. I have to believe they'll do an update later or something. I can't believe they'd spend the time and money (a lot of it) to make this awesome character and have him only utilized for 6 missions. The real knee to the metaphorical groin for me is the lack of costumes. Especially a costume of how he shows up in DmC. He doesn't look bad, but I can't stand how dirty his clothes are.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Still proves the point that there were more signs then just this one scene with Kat.

VIDEO GAME companies. Not bigger business companies like banks, drinks, and news.
So companies that aren't banks, Red Bull, and FOX NEWS are allowed to take advantage of our wallets by not delivering what they said they would?

Romy

Dante's demons are aren't coded the same as Vergil's, if I read somewhere correctly. So even if someone manages to make Vergil playable in Dante's missions, how will he respond to Dante's demons?

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
They claim that vurgle can't kill the enemies Dante kills. Which is utter bullshit because not only does he have demon and angel stances as well, color coded enemies shouldn't even be part of the damn game. and vurgle's downfall represents WHY.
And yeah, don't expect much from DLC. regardless of the price. There are indie games out there that cost the same amount of money, have more quality and effort put into the actual gameplay and you get three times more in game length. rather than just 6 missions.
Damn never knew you can type "bullshit" without censoring o_O

Zilla

The inFAAMous
As for BP
if you consider BP's history as content:
- was in DMC 2 (not as dlc or S E )
- was in DMC 4( not as dlc or S E)
- was in DMC S E, so later if you bought dmc3se ud have full game +bp.
So BP is a standard in DMC games, excluding from DmC is ABSURD, and it being a DLC is also absurd.

Absurd is definitely a favourite word of yours. While I agree that Bloody Palace is an expected extra, it's not exactly something which instantly pops into My mind when I think of Devil May Cry in general.

Also, Bloody Palace was a standard for DMC, not DmC. But luckily we ended up with it anyway. And for free.

So argue that one all you want.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit:

I think I'm the only one here that liked the cutscenes. Not because I think it's fact that they're good, but simply because they appeal to my tastes. That's all.

Absurd is definitely a favourite word of yours.

Tell me about it. It's like Macabre and his "quite frankly" repetitions...

So argue you that one all you want.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Guys,first off let me start by saying that I was anticipating this release since it was announced back when DmC wasn't even released,I mean when I heard that you can play as Vergil in this new DmC game I was excited to say the least,but there are issues.

It was disappointing to have only 6 missions for my favorite character,but NO bloody palace?! Seriously? Why? Just tell me why would you NOT include Bloody Palace for Vergil.

As far as the missions go,there's only 6 of them as I said,they are different than Dante's but even as such you have to go through some of the same areas twice,spanned across 6 missions,as opposed to DMC 3 which had 20,and did I mention that there's no actual bosses? (besides Hollow Vergil,which has your moves,and is basically mission 20)

Now the gameplay for Vergil is satisfying,but the fact that the old "judgement cut" move was replaced by this new thing that,in my opinion,is worse that the move in DMC 3.

But what really brings my **** to a boil is the cutscenes.They are done in this comic-styled fashion,I know that some of you might think this is cool,but I don't.

All in all,I expected more,now I know that this is just a DLC,and not a whole new game,but come on I expected more for a premade DLC that costs 9$ bucks.
Better than paying 20 for a special edition and just getting bloody palace in a patch and not having dmc4 syndrome again

Top Bottom