• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Bloody Palace for Vergil?! Thoughts on Vergil's Downfall

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
Guys,first off let me start by saying that I was anticipating this release since it was announced back when DmC wasn't even released,I mean when I heard that you can play as Vergil in this new DmC game I was excited to say the least,but there are issues.

It was disappointing to have only 6 missions for my favorite character,but NO bloody palace?! Seriously? Why? Just tell me why would you NOT include Bloody Palace for Vergil.

As far as the missions go,there's only 6 of them as I said,they are different than Dante's but even as such you have to go through some of the same areas twice,spanned across 6 missions,as opposed to DMC 3 which had 20,and did I mention that there's no actual bosses? (besides Hollow Vergil,which has your moves,and is basically mission 20)

Now the gameplay for Vergil is satisfying,but the fact that the old "judgement cut" move was replaced by this new thing that,in my opinion,is worse that the move in DMC 3.

But what really brings my **** to a boil is the cutscenes.They are done in this comic-styled fashion,I know that some of you might think this is cool,but I don't.

All in all,I expected more,now I know that this is just a DLC,and not a whole new game,but come on I expected more for a premade DLC that costs 9$ bucks.

Terrutas

They claim that vurgle can't kill the enemies Dante kills. Which is utter bullshit because not only does he have demon and angel stances as well, color coded enemies shouldn't even be part of the damn game. and vurgle's downfall represents WHY.
And yeah, don't expect much from DLC. regardless of the price. There are indie games out there that cost the same amount of money, have more quality and effort put into the actual gameplay and you get three times more in game length. rather than just 6 missions.

Romy

I agree with cutscenes and BP issue. They're really annoying and poorly drawn. They could've made some CGI scenes for our Verge. BP for Vergil is probably the most important thing and they didn't include it. I know that whenever I play DMC these days, I only do it in BP.

It's a DLC so 6 missions is more than enough. It would've been better if they included him with the main game so he can at least backtrack all the levels, like they did it in DMC3.

They messed everything up with those DLCs. The game would've been a lot better if they included all the DLCs in one game. Picking up chunks a month and a half after its release is really annoying.

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
They messed everything up with those DLCs. The game would've been a lot better if they included all the DLCs in one game. Picking up chunks a month and a half after its release is really annoying.
I know right,most of the DLC for most games is done before the actual game is released anyway,whatever they might say.They don't release it because people would obviously revolt and be ****ed(as if they already aren't) if they do that.

Romy

I know right,most of the DLC for most games is done before the actual game is released anyway,whatever they might say.They don't release it because people would obviously revolt and be ****ed(as if they already aren't) if they do that.

Yep, that's marketing. It's a method to earn more money which is annoying for us but profitable for them.

Terrutas

Yep, that's marketing. It's a method to earn more money which is annoying for us but profitable for them.
And the only reason they keep doing it is because you complain but you keep buying it. I'm just saying.

vergilthedemonking

There is actually a boss in the dlc. Hollow vergil maybe? And i actually think it's good but i do agree with some things. Like BP for vergil and the cutscenes could have been done better. But for the 9 bucks that i had to pay. I crap on it, because the gameplay is really sweet with vergil, so i think it's worth the money. Overall i agree with you

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm slightly disappointed by it and I'm let down by the fact that there's no Vergil in Bloody Palace either.
It's a dire shame because I'm having a lot more fun playing Vergil than I did playing Dante, everything about him just feels so much more responsive, his fighting style's a lot snappier, faster and clean and it just gels really well with me.

I mean, I don't regret buying it one bit, it's fun, for sure, but it could stand to be improved is all.

aoshi

But what really brings my **** to a boil is the cutscenes.They are done in this comic-styled fashion,I know that some of you might think this is cool,but I don't.
Me neither. If i want a comic-book style narration, I would go for a book and not a video game. I really liked vergil's profile as a leader of the order and all. But VD was a disappointment which turned him into a teen-drama queen who wanted his mother to love him more than dante which does not suit for a character who is as responsible as leading the order and helping kat. It was quite immature of the character.

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
There is actually a boss in the dlc. Hollow vergil maybe? And i actually think it's good but i do agree with some things. Like BP for vergil and the cutscenes could have been done better. But for the 9 bucks that i had to pay. I crap on it, because the gameplay is really sweet with vergil, so i think it's worth the money. Overall i agree with you
Yeah,but I was thinking of an actual new boss,because Hollow Vergil is just mission 20 with summoned swords sequence instead of doppelganger,I'll edit my post

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
But VD was a disappointment which turned him into a teen-drama queen who wanted his mother to love him more than dante which does not suit for a character who is as responsible as leading the order and helping kat. It was quite immature of the character.
Yeah I totally agree,I mean what's up with that? It's totally out of character

IncarnatedDemon

No BP for Vergil?
tumblr_lxv4l8NDvn1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I was quite happy with the DLC actually, no Bloody Palace is disappointing but that could always land later with a free patch.

6 missions doesn't sound like much on paper but when was story longevity ever a selling point for any DMC? You have the same set of difficulties for Vergil as You did with Dante, You have all the Crosses/fragments/souls to find, Leaderboards to compete in, etc.

There are 10+ hours in this DLC easily, which is impressive for an add-on.

Soupie

Vergil isn't as slow as Dante when performing attacks and has a pretty robust Doppelganger system.

Personally, I think the DLC's price is fair for the amount of game time I know I'll be putting into this.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I've got a bad feeling they'll make Vergil his own BP and charge for it with something else like a few costumes or something.

IncarnatedDemon

I've got a bad feeling they'll make Vergil his own BP and charge for it with something else like a few costumes or something.
If your willing to pay for content labeled "DLC" that released ONLY 2 months after main game, you might as well pay for any other content. Consider also that VD was under development before DmC was released...

You never know if the content labeled "DLC" is actually DLC or content they took away from game.

Personally i won't support business practices like this. And it makes me not want to play the game it is about, if i find out "DLC is released in a month".

Terrutas

You know what's funny? The game's story is about how the media is evil and you shouldn't listen to them because they try to control you with advertisements into buying their drinks/products.

Then they start a pre-order sale campaign with Vergil's Downfall. HAH.

IncarnatedDemon

I'd pay for it, I love Vergil's gameplay that much. He's ******* incredible to play with.
Dammit...this is why companies keep destroying fun of videogaming. You give them incentive to do it.

Fans expected BP for Vergil.
Fans should have BP for Vergil.

Come on :/ Raise an army and demand Capcom to give it to you. You've paid 60 dollahs.
60 dollahs.

Seriously though: you should think how your actions of accepting to pay money for VD BP, affects all gamers.
Because believe me it does...

And it's not like i don't want to pay for content, i just don't want to pay for content that chances are i deserv to have when i am paying 60 dollars for a game.

Top Bottom