• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory would "like to up the stakes" with DmC Reboot(Small news update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

I'm back again with another news update. This was written on the 21st of this month so it's pretty recent. Again it's a small news update though.

Here's the link.
http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/dmc-up-the-stakes.html

Ninja Theory would "like to up the stakes" with Devil May Cry reboot
UK developer aiming to raise the bar with franchise

Written by Alex Seedhouse, 21 October 2010

Ninja Theory has stated that they would like to "up the stakes" with their reboot of the Devil May Cry franchise, during an interview with NowGamer.

Having been asked as to what they had learned from developing recently released Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and which similar ideas would be carried across to their DmC title, Chief Designer Tameem Antoniades discussed their aims with the project.

"Yeah there's loads of stuff. I mean, we've tackled a lot of gameplay areas we've never tackled before," Antoniades remarked. "In terms of thinking about the world and story, as well as making sure that the world and story are consistent early on. I guess Enslaved's given us enough confidence that we can use storytelling well in games, so I'd like to go deeper and more mature in the storytelling stakes."

He added, "We'd like to up the stakes, go deeper into characters, create a world that's more believable. Even though it's fantasy, it should have consistency. We obviously now know more about Unreal engine and how to exploit that. Our goal is always to get better and better at what we do."

Discuss thoughts.

Virago

Not listening.
They want to "up the stakes"? Now it sounds like they're releasing news for the sake of releasing news, but I guess all publicity is good publicity at this point. I'm really hoping they're on target for a May 2011 demo; they will be if they're smart about capitalizing on **** they've stirred.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
'It should have consistency'. That alone has me looking forward to the game even more now than before. That's one of the things fans were constantly complaining about - there's no consistency in the series. I think we're all in for a treat, and considering how NT is approaching this origin game, I'm also starting to hope that if DMC5 was to be created, that Capcom will invest in NT's services again.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Consistency!!! *points at hair colour* That's not bloody consistency!!!

Lol, only joking, I liked that 'consistancy' sentence too -

We'd like to up the stakes, go deeper into characters, create a world that's more believable. Even though it's fantasy, it should have consistency,

I'm feeling better and better about the game. *sigh*

moseslmpg

The consistency thing is totally bogus. DINO is already inconsistent with the series and it isn't even part of the main series.

If they mean internal consistency, then they are being redundant; all of the DMC games are internally consistent. It would be nice for them to go deeper into the world of DMC, but given that this isn't really the DMC world, it is a moot point for me. From what I've seen, I'd much rather that Capcom went deeper into the regular series than this world.

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
icmasticc, I love you. A lot.
:D
As far as the consistency thing, yeah Dino might be incosistent. BUT, what better way to add consistency than to be inconsistent? It draws more people in. I mean, come on, look at the hype this caused.
This got attention from Dino lovers and haters alike. And for us pure blooded fans, we were dissapointed and astounded.
A good example is by going outside dressed like Lady Gaga. Yeah people are gonna think your stupid, and some Gaga lovers might like it. But either way, all eyes are on you. And this is exactly what NT and Capcom wanted. And well, now that they have our attention...
;)
<3

icmasticc

Lol@SpawnShooter and Lady, I get as excited as everybody else when I find new news so I figure this board should be the first to know of it, if I can help it.

My attention is fully on Capcom now, though. They succeeded in their quest to purposely **** off fans for publicity so now I want a solid delivery. They went to all this trouble to get our attention so a solid delivery is the least they can do.

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
icmasticc;284642 said:
Lol@SpawnShooter and Lady, I get as excited as everybody else when I find new news so I figure this board should be the first to know of it, if I can help it.

My attention is fully on Capcom now, though. They succeeded in their quest to purposely **** off fans for publicity so now I want a solid delivery. They went to all this trouble to get our attention so a solid delivery is the least they can do.

So true love <3
I don't think they'd purposely anger us if they knew the game would blow. So give it a chance, fellow fantards, because we're looking at a potential game here. ;)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
The orginal canon had some consistancy in it...but not much lol. People were p****ed off with DMC 4 because of Nero and it never answered any questions really, just added more. Plot consistancy was still there but the character consistancy was thrown out the window. NT wants to make Dante believeable, they want him to be more human instead of always being portayed as his holier-than-thou persona.

I'm looking forward to this new development. They provoked our attention now it's time to follow it up with a solid presentation of their work.

Dominus

Master Vergil;284557 said:
'It should have consistency'. That alone has me looking forward to the game even more now than before. That's one of the things fans were constantly complaining about - there's no consistency in the series. I think we're all in for a treat, and considering how NT is approaching this origin game, I'm also starting to hope that if DMC5 was to be created, that Capcom will invest in NT's services again.

I don't get how you guys can get so giddy over non-news. This literally is them saying whatever they want in hopes of some publicity. Don't hype/buy into the product until they put their money where their mouth is. As someone stated previously if they want to show they mean business, they should aim for a demo sometime next spring or late summer..

We shouldn't really give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove they can handle the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom