• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

News and Updates (No Personal Posts)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/2...k-original-soundtrack-releases-march-20-2019/
001_thumb-3.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well here's the scans:
Du3AYwiXcAAP6Xd.jpg:large

Du3AZFvX4AE1I1y.jpg:large

berto

I Saw the Devil
Jump Festa

berto

I Saw the Devil
INSOMNIAC GAMES DEV CALLS FEMALE ARTIST “TRANSPHOBIC” BECAUSE SHE DIDN’T LIKE LADY’S DESIGN FROM DEVIL MAY CRY 5

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/...like-ladys-design-from-devil-may-cry-5/74445/

The Social Justice crowd is a vindictive one. If you don’t comply with their standards or adhere to their ideology, they go out of their way to ruin your life. That recently happened with a female artist going by the handle Layna Lazar, who ended up becoming the target of the Social Justice brigade at the instigation of Insomniac Games character artist, Xaviar Coelho-Kostolny.

It started with a tweet from Layna on December 28th, 2018, pointing out that Lady from Devil May Cry 5 looked masculine and that her jaw was wider and that she looked frumpier.

The thread picked up a lot of positive feedback from actual gamers and fans of Devil May Cry who have been criticizing the new look of Trish and Lady in the upcoming game. The reason for the drastic change is that Capcom is now relying solely on photogrammetry to cut down on costs, which means they scan in a real life person after having them dress up like the character, and then have an art team clean up the meshes, apply the UV mapping, and smooth out the lighting, shaders, shadows, etc. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than having dozens of modelers manually sculpting the characters from scratch like in the old days.

Obviously, fans were mostly in agreement with Layna Lazar, but not Xavier. Things began to escalate after Layna modified Lady to have a thinner, less masculine face, and to give her a more slender look compared to how she appears in Devil May Cry 5.

The Insomniac Games developer was incensed that a woman would not only comment on a fictional character being unattractive but also attempt to make the character look more attractive. So he responded like any normal, reasonable, well-adjusted man: by retweeting dozens of people who began to criticize and berate Layna for making Lady look more feminine via a Photoshop liquify filter.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^^Well its good to know DMC5 can join the on going never ending pointless **** show of the SJW vs the anti-SJW war. Both sides are pretty moronic and this won't really go anywhere nor will it affect the game or its sales in anyway.

I also hate how prior to DMC5 and DmC people were under this impression that DMC (since the first game) was supposed to be anime in its art style (especially since its basically spun off of Resident Evil a very western catered franchise). Maybe DMC4 was (since you have the talentless clueless scrub who was the producer of the Sengoku Basara, the most anime thing Capcom puts out, being the producer and trying to inject it with his anime nonsense to appeal to more women) and the fact it had an anime (but so did Supernatural, Halo, Marvel/DC, Dante's Inferno, and Dead Space) but I always viewed DMC as a more Japanese styled live action film especially since they use a notorious Japanese action movie choreographer and Itsuno quote American films like the Matrix (and now Marvel movies) as his influences.

Capcom has always been very Western centric (to sometimes their own detriment) since the very beginning in most of their games and appeal.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't have a link but according to Yuri Araujo from Capcom the demo will be pulled from the Xbox Store on the 7th but if you already downloaded it it will continue to play just fine.

berto

I Saw the Devil
- After someone has appeared as an online Cameo in your game you'll be able to rate their play as "Stylish!" after the results screen - be sure to pay respect where it's due! You'll get a Gold Orb every time you're rated "Stylish!" by someone.

berto

I Saw the Devil
#DMC5DevNotes 06 - Another pre-order bonus for the digital version of #DMC5 is 100,000 Red Orbs. With that many, you can unlock all of Nero's initial skills and still have plenty leftover to spend on health upgrades.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Based on their wording its most likely the NYCC demo......lets hope they actually include Jump Cancelling this time.

Top Bottom