• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NEW Samurai Shodown Game and Anime Rumored

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
http://hadoken.net/samurai-shodown-revival/

So, the more devout arcade enthusiasts among you may remember SNK's flagship weapon-based fighter, Samurai Shodown (or alternatively, Samurai Spirits in Japan). The series has endured many years of success, failure, trial and error, with the last official game being the abysmal and blatantly-unfinished Samurai Shdown Sen on Xbox 360 in 2008. Since then, the series has been quiet, with other SNK franchises like King of Fighters and Metal Slug continuously being revived in recent years.

However, following SNK's recent share buyout by Chinese investors, rumors have surfaced on a small site of not only a new game, but an anime tie-in as well:

"SNK-Playmore, under the new parent company, has already started working on a new Samurai Shodown Game. The new game, which currently has a target release of 2017, will bring the series back to its roots, using 2D gameplay but with 3D models. An approach similar to what the Japanese company is currently doing with the upcoming The King Of Fighters XIV. The new Samurai Shodown game is not the only thing this highly missed franchise is getting. One of our sources has informed us that the plan is for the game release to coincide with a new anime adaptation of the series as well."

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
giphy.gif

AAAAAH YEAH Samurai Spirit is COMING BACK!!
Sadly I haven't played the series from beginning to finish, but I DO remember playing it a lot and had great fun with it so this is AWESOME news!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
AAAAAH YEAH Samurai Spirit is COMING BACK!!
Sadly I haven't played the series from beginning to finish, but I DO remember playing it a lot and had great fun with it so this is AWESOME news!
Out of all of SNK's properties, Samurai Shodown is the one series I've kept up with the the most. I like the first two a lot, and absolutely LOVE the fourth one. Seriously, if you're going to play any game in the series, play that one.

Top Bottom