• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NEW Pokemon games and GoW3announced!!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
New Pokemon games announced!

Pokemon 5 revealed
The next two Pokemon games, fifth in the mainline series, have been named as Pokemon Black and Pokemon White.

The games will be out this autumn in Japan (so probably spring at the earliest in the West), with more details expected on Thursday.

An early preview in a Japanese mag though suggests they are for the DS - not the new 3DS - with slightly improved battle and overworld graphics.

Gears of War 3 fans...

GOW 3: April 2011
Gears Of War 3 has been accidently confirmed for April 2011, after a banner appeared on the Xbox dashboard.

An official announcement was expected last Thursday, on a U.S. chat show, but is now not due until tonight.

Rumours abound that the game will feature giant robot suits for the first time, as well as underwater environments and enemies with tentacles that tunnel through the ground at you.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Hi Devil Bane...

I think Nintendo could have chosen better colours... black and white? Basic isn't it?
As for the pictures, it just looks like a normal pokemon game to me.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
As long as they keep the formula the same,it's going to eventually fall.Pokemon is now an annoying repeat and not many things are exciting about it.Hope Nintnedo does shape up and makes Pokemon awesome.And for god's sake just try something else apart from j-rpg or roguelike to experiment with Pokemon,Nintendo.I can give you so many genres to work with Pokemon it's not even funny anymore.Wonder how an action RPG with Pokemon would look like.

aka958

Don't trust people
I knew about Pokémon black and white since yesterday or the day before.

I'm gonna get my hands of Heart Gold and then I never need to buy a pokémon game ever again. Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver got really lots of stuff in it. All you need from Pokémon at all.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
But God of War 3 has already been released.
Oh wait, you mean Gears.

But yeah, I'd heard about that, Cliffy B wanted to do some huge release announcement for it, only to have the wind sucked out of his sails by someone at Microsoft, so do you know what he's doing? He's just going to announce a second, apparently more awesome game. :lol:

Please let it be Unreal 4.

aka958

Don't trust people
^ Unreal Tournament 4, you mean?

Otherwise, only up to Unreal 2 has been released.

The original Unreal series is really awesome.

Unreal tournament (1st one) was really an action packed game with full speed.
Unreal tournament 2004 (2nd one, with 2003, they count as the same I think.) had the same feeling but a little nerfed.

I don't know about Unreal tournament 3 since, I don't care about it anymore. It didn't look great. I liked Unreal Championship 2 more than the other Unreal Tournaments and none really had the same gameplay style.

But yeah, I don't know of any Unreal 3 at all. If you do know, please tell me. I would love to play another Unreal game.

Meg

Devil Bane;214483 said:
As long as they keep the formula the same,it's going to eventually fall.Pokemon is now an annoying repeat and not many things are exciting about it.Hope Nintnedo does shape up and makes Pokemon awesome.And for god's sake just try something else apart from j-rpg or roguelike to experiment with Pokemon,Nintendo.I can give you so many genres to work with Pokemon it's not even funny anymore.Wonder how an action RPG with Pokemon would look like.

they have tried other game types before, and it didn't work for a lot of people. although i like the idea of an action rpg. that could be really interesting. or dumb. either way it doesn't matter since i don't like pokemon! (besides some of the cute originals. :lol: )

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
Pokemon was awesome right up to the ones in Hoenn region (so that includes Kanto and Johto as well)... the Pokemon in D&P started to get really weird. They look less like animals and more like... toys.

Keaton

Premium
I'm hoping the 5th Generation fixes ALOT of the problems with the series, plus the 5th Generation Competitive Metagame should be an awesome environment to spend some time in in 2011 :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Hope dies last,huh?I hope your wish comes true Keaton,as I run out patience and wishes as far as PokeMon are concerned after Emerald.Then again PokeMon didn't matter that much to me compared to my other games...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Where's all of the love for Gears xD? I'm overly excited about the game. I might pop. Dom looks like an old coot now...BA!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Vergil'sB*tch;214542 said:
I'm surprised they aren't running out of ideas yet... for new pokemon that is...

the key to that is. don't spend all day on each one. i bet they just put in whatever they come up with off the top of their heads. only putting work into the legendary pokemon. so far that is working well enought for me.

Keaton

Premium
darkslayer13;214826 said:
the key to that is. don't spend all day on each one. i bet they just put in whatever they come up with off the top of their heads. only putting work into the legendary pokemon. so far that is working well enought for me.

The problem with the Pokemon series is that they seem to be developing the story and game around the potential for the Anime, rather than the reverse. Thankfully they have been ever developing the combat system and its grown even deeper, but its only going to keep fans(and competitive players) happy for so long.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Yup.Nowadays PokeMon and the battle have so many secrets and aspects it has turned into a job,rather than a game for excitment...I remember playing Emerald and constantly getting my butt handed to me.When I asked how it happened and my friend explained,I quit Pokemon on the spot...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I find myself these days, trying to avoid trainers... so if my character can walk around them, that's what they'll do...
Battling is a job... I can remember playing Pokemon Blue for the very first time and enjoying it... but now...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it has actually been a while since i have played any of the games the last one i had was silver. but i have watched the anime alot ( i am now waiting for new subbed episodes to be avaliable.)

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;214901 said:
I find myself these days, trying to avoid trainers... so if my character can walk around them, that's what they'll do...
Battling is a job... I can remember playing Pokemon Blue for the very first time and enjoying it... but now...

Pokemon Red and Blue are classic! :lol: i wasted so much time playing the originals when they came out.

Top Bottom