• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Mortal Kombat Game

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's just a rumor and Boon just let the comment pass by as : "You'll see what we have in mind".It is possible that the game will be a reboot of the series.

Also reboot = start over/start anew.In gaming menas that the series/franchise will be restrted with a new story but with the same characters if not with more.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;244518 said:
It's just a rumor and Boon just let the comment pass by as : "You'll see what we have in mind".It is possible that the game will be a reboot of the series.

Also reboot = start over/start anew.In gaming menas that the series/franchise will be restrted with a new story but with the same characters if not with more.

Did it have a story to start with?
It didn't seem like a deep story, just awesome characters.

Thanks for the intel though!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well...It has a story.It has just been built up veeeeeeery slowly compared to other fighting games.

Well I don't mind.I wait though for the day that all the fighting game franchises take a route similar to Guilty Gear...smexy,completely 3D battles.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;244534 said:
Well...It has a story.It has just been built up veeeeeeery slowly compared to other fighting games.

Well I don't mind.I wait though for the day that all the fighting game franchises take a route similar to Guilty Gear...smexy,completely 3D battles.

Dissidia has that.

But Guilty Gear got less combos that way? Or is it as vast and open when it comes to combos as DMC?

Luv the original Guilty Gear. Ky Kiske for the win!

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Hopefully King of Fighters will make a game that makes up for K.O.F.XII,I mean atleast Midway is trying to fix some of their flaws.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aka958;244537 said:
Dissidia has that.

But Guilty Gear got less combos that way? Or is it as vast and open when it comes to combos as DMC?

Luv the original Guilty Gear. Ky Kiske for the win!

Dissidia is lightning fast compared to mortal combat.We are talking about years of building up a story,through good knows how many different media and games.

As for GG2...think of it as DMC and KOEI's warrior series.Though it is very combo able like every GG game.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;244576 said:
Dissidia is lightning fast compared to mortal combat.We are talking about years of building up a story,through good knows how many different media and games.

As for GG2...think of it as DMC and KOEI's warrior series.Though it is very combo able like every GG game.

I meant Dissidia has that 3d combat stuff. Were the environment is really important too.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Ooooh,sorry.I wouldn't say that the environment plays that much of a role nor is it of importance unless the fighting game is like Dissidia : acrobatic,breathtaking and extremely flashy.Though GG is everything of the above,it finds all of those in simple tactics and combos so taht's why the environment doesn't mater.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
"feel the power of global saturation"

Cool trailer it looks like there is some sort of tag team co-op thing going on.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reptile looks kickass in that trailer!

He's my favorite. But you guys could already guess that. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;244976 said:
Reptile looks kickass in that trailer!

He's my favorite. But you guys could already guess that. :lol:

Yeah, but Scorpion kicks his ass. Scorpion came to MK before reptile and has been present through all games while Reptile has been there in about half of them.

aka958

Don't trust people
Captain Ren;245451 said:
As long as its back to gory finishes, i will be happy 8D

XD

That's the way to go! I luv the gory finishes, that is what mortal kombat what it is.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Ah Mortal Kombat, a bit of nostalgia for me. I remember playing the 1st one in the arcades years ago. I only really played MK 1 & 2, played a bit of 3.

Sadly after Deadly Alliance I lost interest in the franchise (though Shaolin Monks was alright). The new MK looks good, it looks like they're returning to it's violent roots again. Check out this video, some nice fatalities - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4cv5dQODH4

Top Bottom