• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC4 Vids!!

Chrysander

I haven't been blown away by any of the characters yet unfortunately, and I think the sexification of Trish, Gloria and Lady has irritated me, I am fed up with this always being the case with female characters, they should focus on something else rather than trying to make them sex objects. It's so unimaginative, and also just belittling to women "If you want to be in a game, you have to be sexy". They even wanted to make Nevan sexy. I think they've done better with Echidna, as she's not ultra sexerific, but they still almost have her boobs hanging out, even though she is actually a giant snake tongue. Why can't they put the sex on the back burner and focus on other things?

Zato-OW

King
I guess they are just trying to put a good mixure of differnt things in the game but you may be right,they are over doing it alittle.

Chrysander

Yahr, it's not specific to just DMC, it's a shame about these kinds of stereotypes in games, movies, tv etc. Female characters tend to be handled in a silly way. Kyrie seems like just a damsel in distress, someone to get abducted and then rescued like Ashley in Res 4. I'd like to see more characters like Danielle and Ana Lucia in Lost. Neither of those are pathetic, and sex isn't the main thing about them.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
Zato-OW;58344 said:
well her voice doesnt match the way she looks, i thought she was gonna sound russian or somthing but she doesnt..her voice doesnt match her at all.
but if they had given her an accent it could have turned out something like lucia which was unbearably bad im guessing that is why they steered away from an accent but you are right i was expecting some sort of accent

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Haha, first ever game where Dante's voice actor hasn't changed...or didn't sound it anyway. Does Dante's voicer voice Nero too?

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Nelo Assholo;58897 said:
Haha, first ever game where Dante's voice actor hasn't changed...or didn't sound it anyway. Does Dante's voicer voice Nero too?

No, Johny Bosh voices Nero (how do you spell his name, because I think I spelt it wrong).

Top Bottom