• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dante and Panty Anarchy

Do you think Panty Anarchy and Dante are a bit alike?

• Hell yeah

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Not even close

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • A little

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I noticed a few things from new Dante that remind me too much a another favorite character of mine; Panty Anarchy From Panty and Stocking with Garterbelts.

88105.jpg
images

This list some one made says it well.

tumblr_mf91ya86oH1r5jo3oo1_500.jpg

They're kinds similar but...you know.

It also makes me think maybe Tameen watched Panty and Stocking for Dante's character and a few other things?
Here's a vid of Panty

I have no problem with it since I love Panty and I love new Dante.

tumblr_mdpsg5G8Jv1qa5oth.gif

Fwelias

Wow haha that's pretty interesting. They do have a lot in common. I never seen the show but after watching that video I think I might look into it. Though it got me thinking that maybe Vergil and Dante are gonna make a giant pole to try and get into the angel world.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I get where you're coming from with this.

Angels VS demons; Scanty and Kneesocks like to make rules to control humans at school.

Then there's Corset, demon and Mayor of the city, and like Mundus, he is in a position of power. Also corset has a sort of fetish for bondage; we see Mundus with Lilith in that scene. :steve: Then there's Corset's tower being a gate to hell. I think there's more to the Silversacks building, so could also be a hell gate.

I'd say Panty shares some personality with Dante. Cussing, sleeping around sometimes, also not giving a damn about what people think, but when it comes down to it, wants to save the city.

That's all I got for comparisons. :p

Edit: for anyone interested, just found out there is an English dub on youtube, but warning: it's full of cussing and other things. Not for easily offended people. :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wow haha that's pretty interesting. They do have a lot in common. I never seen the show but after watching that video I think I might look into it. Though it got me thinking that maybe Vergil and Dante are gonna make a giant pole to try and get into the angel world.

I'm not surprised if Dante joked about that.

Vergil: Now how can we get into the Angel world?"

Dante:" A very long pole?":lol:

Vergil:"Idiot..."

Frantix

No? What kind of question is that?

They're nothing alike. That comparison pic is grasping for straws, and a lot of other different games share those similarities.

EDIT: It does look like a funny show, though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, let's see...

Limbo was never mentioned to be a place between Heaven and Earth, and Silversack Towers are shaped like wings...whatever's going on in the cartoon is stylized as the rest of it.

Opposite sex falling at their feet is a common shtick for Western superheroes, especially older ones that tried to emulate Bond's charisma and whatnot.

Sibling betrayal is a common element in literature, dating back centuries.

Weapons of exaggerated shape are just a product of the art style's used. E&I are designed with a theme similar to the rest of the weapons in DmC. Panty's pistols' exaggerated shape are...a product of the exaggerated art design the show has...

So yeah...saying these are similar is about the same as saying Batman and Spider-Man are similar. Geniuses with tragic origins, wearing masks and spandex :p

crush

I noticed a few things from new Dante that remind me too much a another favorite character of mine; Panty Anarchy From Panty and Stocking with Garterbelts.

88105.jpg
images

It also makes me think maybe Tameen watched Panty and Stocking for Dante's character and a few other things?
Here's a vid of Panty

That anime was one of the best that was on last year...I really liked it.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Haha, thats really interesting. Panty and Stocking is one of my favourite anime, but I never saw the connections until you pointed them out! :lol:

But yeah, the clip isn't available in my country either :/

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I didn't know what Panty and Stocking was before I saw this thread, now I just got passed episode 8
They are pretty similar though, it's kinda funny lol

berto

I Saw the Devil

88105.jpg
images

Here's a vid of Panty

tumblr_mdpsg5G8Jv1qa5oth.gif
fCA4a24r6Vg.jpg

We take issue!
Bring it!​

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Lady X Rainbow Dash

(Dante X Rainbow Dash wouldn't work since Rainbow Dash is a lesbian:troll:)

Top Bottom