• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's role in the DMC series

Son of Dante 33

As most of us know Nero was just introduced in DMC4. the questions we all had about his past or the origins of his arm wernt answered. The game just introduced him a new character for no reason other thean to apeal to a new adience. see alot of 360 owners understand dantes, trishs, ladys, virgils, mundus, lucias, matiers, evas(dantes mom), spardas, and devilmaycrys past. alot of ps3/2 owners know understand and like all of those characters role in the series. theres nothing we( dmc hardcore fans) can do about it. sure dmc goin over 2 the 360 was a good thing since sum of u dmc hardcore fans couldnt afford a ps3. but i think campcom should bring dmc dmc2 and dmc 3 to the 360 as a special edition like the ps2 or via xbox live before dmc 5 comes out. becuase nero has no true role the series yet. but this is wat i think neros role/past is the series and wat might happen in dmc 5. as we all know after dmc3 was realesed in 2005 capcom wanted dmc to apeal to a bigger adience. this is true cuase in 2006 capcom released dmc3 special edition for more casual players since it wasnt as hard as the original dmc3. in 2007 capcom released the dmc animated series. and in this year dmc went multiplatform. like i said before capcom should introduce the entire dmc series to the 360 so that the hardcore fans can have the game we want. having said this i think that dmc 5 will be the beginning of the end of the series. if it is it will involve elements that the dmc series has used in all of its games. dmc 5 should start with dante nararating the past of dmc. and how he got to were he is. lucia calls dante for the job we all saw in dmc2. wat we didnt see is how he wanted the job for himself becuase he thought it was to easy( wich kinda was). after dante kills argosax we see how he gets kidnaped by a very powerful demon that works for mundus. that demon needs the blood of sparta to resurect mundus. dante sumhow informs trish while shes in devilmaycry that hes kidnaped. then trish finds lady then they both set of to find nero. they tell nero that dante needs his help and nero says yes. nero heds over to devilmaycry in his motercycle to get sum of danttes devilarms and wen he gets there he finds lucia in there. after sum cutscene of nero expaining to her dantes situation they all hed sumwere(wereeber dmc 5 takes)place to save dante. after who knows how many missions of nero and the story slowly unravelring nero finaly meets up with the demon that kidnaped dante. then we learn that the demon was actually virgil. virgil the expalins how he was never curupted by mundus how he voluntaraly worked for mundus and such. nero fights virgil and loses but some how saves dante . the rest of the game is played as dante. virgils disapears and goes sumwere to try to resurect mundus. dante finaly meets up with virgil fights him. sumhow virgil is to powerful for dante so dante looses. he looses so bad that we all think he dies nero then fights virgil with anger. then as a twist we learn that nero was virgils son. wich is why nero looks like dante and virgil and why hes linked with yamato. unfortunately virgil kills nero cuase hes pure evil now then dante sees and holds nero before he dies. dante gets really ****ed and fights virgil. the ritual that virgil did to resurect mundus is complete with dantes blood and then the door to the underworld is open. virgil goes in and dante follows him. virgil goes to mundus' resting place and tries to resurect his power. dante then beats virgil up so bad that as another plot twist we learn that virgil was curupt this whole time even after he said he wasnt. dante doesnt kill virgil but takes awy his demonic powers and leaves him in the underworld. dante leaves the uunderworld sad knowing that his nephew nero died. dante tells the girls about this or maybe they saw it all but the point is dmc 5 has a sad ending. and we have depreasing credits. as an easter egg if u did something during the game u unlock the bonus movie at the end of the credits wich is virgil bringing mudus back to life. inevedently leading into the final chapter of the dmc series. and then we all cant wait for dmc 6. thats how i think dmc 5 is going to be and what role nero plays in the series.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
wow..i cant read all that..lol, but ive said it once i'll say it again..i dont really know for sure what his role is either..but im still going to go with the notion that he is in some way shape or form the reincarnated vergil...i dont know how or why they would go with that story for him but untill they tell us for sure..thats the theory im going with..lol..if i turn out to be wrong..cool, if i turn out to be right....thats cool too..i might have to rub it in alittle if i do turn out to be right..but we'll have to wait and see till the next installment

Son of Dante 33

NERO116;69108 said:
wow..i cant read all that..lol, but ive said it once i'll say it again..i dont really know for sure what his role is either..but im still going to go with the notion that he is in some way shape or form the reincarnated vergil...i dont know how or why they would go with that story for him but untill they tell us for sure..thats the theory im going with..lol..if i turn out to be wrong..cool, if i turn out to be right....thats cool too..i might have to rub it in alittle if i do turn out to be right..but we'll have to wait and see till the next installment
ok then for those of u who cant read this ill cut to the chase. this whole thing is basically how i hope dmc 5 turns out to be. and my nero thoery is that he is virgils son wich is why hes linked with yamato and that if u remember at the end of dmc 2 a lucia hears a motercycle and goes out well its nero telling her her dante dante is in the underworld held captive by demon resurecting mundus

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Son of Dante, I loved that possible story. Rep+
I really would like something like this to happen (in short a new story, which also links the old Devil May Crys together) while we learn about Nero and Vergil.
However, Capcom isn't so reliable these days with Devil May Crys, not even one hasn't contradicted the previous one..>_<

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
they need to do something to clear us all up on this issue....ive always said..if ur going to create a new character..tell us why we should care..tell us some of his past...tell us what he is in the story to do...but capcom lately isnt getting the point of character development in a game..they just want to please the younger players who only care about pretty graphics and awsome gameplay..wich i thought this game lacked alot of gameplay with dante too..(Sigh) they really messed him up in this one...he still rocks and he will always be the best dmc character but..they shouldnt have put all of his styles in one compressed button mashing system..lol

Son of Dante 33

thanks tonyredgrave 4 da rep. i would really want capcom 2 introduce the entire dmc series 2 360 owners so that us hardcore fans can hav a true dmc game with a really good story much like dmc3. well one can only hope but i highly dought capcom is going 4 it. since wat u (tony) said about capcom.sh*t

Richai

Hopefully he becomes a partner of Dante in the ***-kicking world. Id hope though that in DMC5 etc that the missions are equal, 10 missions as Dante 10 as Nero, or something along those lines.

Nero is most probably (I'd guess) going to become the main guy from now on. I think Capcom are going abit "main stream" and making the games easier, and playing as Nero is ridiculusly(sp?) easy ive noticed.

(And youll all be pleased to know i found DMC3 in my games collection for my pc! Ive had it for ages, i forgot id bought it! And i must say, i find it harder than DMC4 already!)

Son of Dante 33

NERO116;69119 said:
they need to do something to clear us all up on this issue....ive always said..if ur going to create a new character..tell us why we should care..tell us some of his past...tell us what he is in the story to do...but capcom lately isnt getting the point of character development in a game..they just want to please the younger players who only care about pretty graphics and awsome gameplay..wich i thought this game lacked alot of gameplay with dante too..(Sigh) they really messed him up in this one...he still rocks and he will always be the best dmc character but..they shouldnt have put all of his styles in one compressed button mashing system..lol
i completly agree with u they shouldnt have gone multiplatform and they shouldve stayed true to the dmc series unlike the prevous games this one didnt even try to scare us

Richai

Son of Dante 33;69123 said:
i completly agree with u they shouldnt have gone multiplatform and they shouldve stayed true to the dmc series unlike the prevous games this one didnt even try to scare us

Very good point. The only semi scary things on DMC4 thus far are some of the secret missions. Just began DMD and im not overly scared.. ofcourse its tough at parts, but once you learn how to dodge.. its easy. Tis a shame, as I remember the 3rd Nelo Angelo fight on DMC(DMD) being the duel to end all duels, that fight was so damn tough.. nothing at all like that in this game :(

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
exactly..its like they just pushed out a game with this bada$$ new character and gave him little story and absolutly not character bio and the storyline so far (as i still havent beaten it) is dull as can be..i mean..its not all bad...it just has some flaws that i think we can all plainly see

Richai

Some of the gameplay is amazing admittedly, but Nero i find gets very repetitive. Snatch, combo, air combo, buster, rinse repeat. The whole arm thing at first was really fun, but now im getting tired of it

Son of Dante 33

lets jope that capcom just fixes these problems in dmc 5 i mean come on its dmc and i loved dmc4 but its not wat i was expecting dmc 3 story was way better than this this games story was better than dmc 2 story but not as good as dmc or dmc 3s it is challenging but sumthings just not right. i didnt really like the enviorments 4 this game either. they shouldve been alot darker and gothic.

gameplay was good i realy didnt see the need 4 a devilbringer we wer fine before it came along and it gets to repetative i like dantes gameplay better. i just beat the game in son of sparda. it wasnt that hard. 4 ps3 users wat r ur psn's so that i can see ur acomplishments. mines LegendarySparda12

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
there are just too many flaws with the way 4 went and i mean..its a good game and its fun to play..but they just need to go back to the old formula of telling us more about the characters and what they have to offer for the story....and yeah..the enviorments were alittle too bright for me too..they shouldve been more dark and goth like..i wanted a game that would make me afraid to play it in the dark out of fear of the enemies..and boss'

i dont have a psn, im not signing up till i get over my dads and can play on a computer that can handle it...lol

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
DMC 4 is a good game...but,history repeats itself...lack of characters,lack of story,and lack of history...the game's chronological order is not even right...Capcom is trying to promote their games by multiplatforming...Because of that,DMC 4 difficulties are lowered...Thus,makes the game epic but not challenging...maybe the dark history of DMC 2 will repeat if DMC 5 is coming out..The Capcom's board either have something out of their mind,or they just wanted to make fast money...

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
yeah..they're probably gonna go with another prequel for 5..just so they can tell us why nero is there and exactly how it is he got that devil bringer..although i still think its cuz his crooked order was doing expariments with the nelo angelo

chesta

WOW that plot idea is freakn cool I LIKE IT ALREADY! x3 and i agree with the fact that there shouldn't be a "happy ending" i want some sad endings too

Top Bottom