• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Ana

1). That could be possible, but it just seems un-likely...
2) That's a high possibility, seems really logical... Also didn't Sanctus state that Nero is not in Dante's League? Or is that just a matter of opinion?

For 1, we would need to assume fairly complicated powerplays going on within the Order, which... isn't likely. But it's still a possibility. There's no reason why Nero couldn't be created by someone other than Agnus, that's all.

For 2, Sanctus does say something like that Nero is weaker than Dante, but not only is Dante far more experienced and older, how the hell would Sanctus actually know anyway? Nero's powers only awakened a short while before the game. He was "injured" in a demon attack and his arm mutated or something. So he could get a whole lot stronger. Hell, he does get a lot stronger very quickly. Sanctus isn't all-knowing anyway.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
For 1, we would need to assume fairly complicated powerplays going on within the Order, which... isn't likely. But it's still a possibility. There's no reason why Nero couldn't be created by someone other than Agnus, that's all.
i have said that xD maybe nero was created by mundus with some of sparda's blood from their fight :) and that this was kept well hidden from every person/demon that worked/followed mundus
this is just a theroy :)
about neros arm and yamato reacting to him
ok Nero is a descendant from sparda we know that but I think that Virgil’s soul/ spirit is held within yamato and Dante knows this but believes that Nero can control it to some extent
Dante lets him keep it and when Nero says will we see each other again? he just gives a thumb up but never answers so I think Dante will be watching over Nero for a while to see how the *kid* does with it
i know this is far-fetched but hey who knows all we can do is guess and speculate :)
this is just a fan spculating feel free to critisize ;)

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
To ChaosBringer I agree. Maybe they did not make anything of his background yet. Just wanted another ''hero'' that could ''beat'' Dante, but thats in my opinion is just not happening. Dante with grey hair is always the boss. Back to topic Nero might just be a new introduced character with no background from sparda. What if Nero is from another dimension of hell. Like my fantasy applies blue hell red hell. Dante= red hell, Nero blue hell. two different dimensions. Oh right might be a good fanfiction haha!!!
EDIT: So somehow Nero is a younger version of Dante with an alias from another blue dimension
and Dante in dmc4 is just the older one in the ''real'' dimension...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Can I'z put picture of this?
35hlqxh.jpg

Just thought I'd lighten the mood. Anyway, I think clone of Vergil. New to this part of town.
Also sylvana, where did you go to read "Devil May Crumble?"

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
Which is why I'm so ****ed off about that new DmC. It's nothing to do with anything with the original games. Though I didnt like Nero at first, now i think that he is pretty cool and I would like to learn more about who he really is. And I felt like puking too when I saw that ridiculous trailer and realized that it's just a damn remake.

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
Exactly. At first I thought Nero was a poser and then after seen this new "Dante" now I know who the real poser is. Like Berial would say "How ridiculous."

ReRave

smug jerk
What I know for certain, is that Nero's blue DT spirit floating around him is Nero's own DT, not Vergil's. If you compare Nero's DT spirit with my avatar, which is his full DT, you can see that.

Your avatar is concept art. Concept art is not canon, unless it's somewhere in the game. Just like the other drafts of Nero in the artbook are not in the game, because they were simply concepts.
For all we know, Nero might have had black hair before he got his arm, but it's simply never mentioned in the game. On that point with the "DT": Dante's DT changes multiple times throughout the franchise, why woudn't Vergil's? It closely resembles a mix of Nero's DT from DMC3 and Nelo Angelo. I am pretty sure that floating spectre is Vergil's spirit.

BUT, I think Vergil's spirit is inside the Yamato (part of it anyway, the part that wants power). Since Nero said that ''a voice echoed: Power. Give me more power'', I think he heard Vergil from a 'distance', so to speak, meaning he heard him call out from inside the Yamato.
That voice echoed from the moment his arm got injured by the demon. He's got a voice inside his head ever since.

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
I also think that the D.T. is not of Nero but of Vergil mainly and obviously because of the fact that the sheath is connected to the arm and that it does look similar to Nelo Angelo and that it can change looks through out the years

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

This piece of concept art was made for a reason. Do you really believe the designer just went ''Hey guys, I'm gonna draw something that nobody will want to use at any point in time. Yay uselessness!'' Come on, I'm certain that they considered to make Nero's DT look like that art. That's why it's called concept art; it was the first concept of what Nero's DT would look like.

As far as I know, Nero hasn't heard Vergil's voice since he was attacked. Yes, that voice was inside his head, but that's not of any importance, it seems. Even Dante would probably hear that voice. I think the soul housed inside Yamato resonated with Nero, and at the moment he was attacked, it 'echoed' because the Yamato wasn't in his grasp yet.
Nero's arm being injured, and him subsequently being possessed just doesn't make sense to me.

About the Devil Trigger, take a look at the halo-like thing attached to it. Vergil did not have that, and neither did Nero Angelo. Sure, Vergil's DT could change, but not that drastically.
Also, the 'Savior' (modelled after Sparda) has a halo, further solidifying Nero's similarity to Sparda.

I still think Nero's DT is a combination of his own and possibly Vergil's, since it's blue.

ReRave

smug jerk
This piece of concept art was made for a reason. Do you really believe the designer just went ''Hey guys, I'm gonna draw something that nobody will want to use at any point in time. Yay uselessness!'' Come on, I'm certain that they considered to make Nero's DT look like that art.
Fact is, it's not in the game. So it never went further than "concept". It's a concept and not canon. Otherwise there would be a Nero with that kind of DT. There isn't, though.

As far as I know, Nero hasn't heard Vergil's voice since he was attacked. Yes, that voice was inside his head, but that's not of any importance, it seems.
At 4:44
From that day forth my arm changed and a voice echoed "Power, give me more power".
Seems like he hears it all the time to me.

About the Devil Trigger, take a look at the halo-like thing attached to it. Vergil did not have that, and neither did Nero Angelo. Sure, Vergil's DT could change, but there's no proof of that at the moment.
Except that Dante's DT looks almost nothing like the one he had in DMC3?

Also, the 'Savior' (modelled after Sparda) has a halo, further solidifying Nero's similarity to Sparda.
You know who's also related to Sparda? Vergil. Just saying.

I still think Nero's DT is a combination of his own and possibly Vergil's, since it's blue.
Possible, sure. There's just other theories that are just as likely. In fact, Nero might be a mutated glaced Doughnut for all we know. Capcom never explained anything.[/quote]

Edit: Another hint towards demonic posession:
Does that move in the beginning look familiar?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Fact is, it's not in the game. So it never went further than "concept". It's a concept and not canon. Otherwise there would be a Nero with that kind of DT. There isn't, though.

That's your interpretation of canon. I do think it's canon in the sense that it was made by the employees at Capcom who worked on DMC4. I guess it ultimately isn't canon, but it wasn't drawn just for kicks. It might as well have gotten into the finished product... it just didn't.

At 4:44
From that day forth my arm changed and a voice echoed "Power, give me more power".
Seems like he hears it all the time to me.

From that day forth his arm changed. That's what he's trying to say. He uses 'a voice echoed' in the past tense, meaning he heard it then, but not still. There should be a comma between 'changed' and 'and a voice echoed' (it would make things less confusing).

Except that Dante's DT looks almost nothing like the one he had in DMC3?

Yeah, I thought of that too. But I don't see why Vergil would suddenly have a halo attached to his shoulders; it's not exactly a natural change, whereas Dante's inability to use his wings in DMC4 could be.

You know who's also related to Sparda? Vergil. Just saying.

I meant that Nero was created by Capcom to be a new Sparda. He's got the same love story as Sparda. Kyrie is even a priestess, like Eva! Nero is red and blue, which make purple, Nero gets a brief purple aura when grasping Yamato, etc. It all points to Sparda.

Possible, sure. There's just other theories that are just as likely. In fact, Nero might be a mutated glaced Doughnut for all we know. Capcom never explained anything.

True. But I do try to stick to what's been said and can clearly be seen, though. Speculation like 'Nero is Vergil' usually isn't based on anything solid, while some speculation is.
[/quote]

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
Yea I think so too. I think that maybe Capcom rushed the game and didn't plan everything thoroughly story based
true they either messed up or just dnt want to tell us lol

ok was just looking at DMC 3 gameplay and virgil says he is allreadt aquainted with lady (we meet for the first time) so im thinkin that virgil and lady hit it up lol just a thought :)
EDIT: never mind lady is related to virgil if sparda andeva goot arried i dnt no lol but if not its still a bit creapy :)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Maybe, and this is just a thought, but maybe Nero was born from Sparda and an unnamed woman! Here's why. You see, maybe Sparda didn't "die." maybe he faked his death and went into hidding far away from his family to make sure they were no longer in danger. Then one day demons spot him and decide to go after his family instead for revenge (mundus doing so.) Then Sparda hears the news about Eva's death and is devistated about it, wanting to go and kill Mundus, but not having his Demonic power or his Force Edge to do so like he did 2000 years ago. So he goes into a bit of dispair and at some point meets a woman. This woman comforts him and he ends up falling in love again. They do it, and Nero is born. But, demons attack the woman and kill her, while almost killing Sparda. Sparda kills the demon that almost killed him and sends Nero to Fortuna, while he dissapears forever.

That's how I see it.

Top Bottom