• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

shaoren

wasnt sparda a demon of ancient times?

doesnt that make vergil and dante 29 of age only inn appearence?so i mean you can guess tht how old they really are.

tht means vergil and dante can be older there by making nero some sort of son of vergil rest assured..

i mean how can capcom just say sparda was 2000 years b4 the story yet he had children and not desendents who r right next to the present time

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Your welcome :D, and thank you for your theory and input. We should have more discussions like this.

Anyways, I've always had the idea that his DT could be incomplete. Considering that the DB is incomplete, there's the chance that he could turn full Demon at some point.

Indeed :)
If Capcom had decided to go on with Nero, it would've been nice to see him gain his full DT eventually, instead of just the DB arm.
I thought I read that anybody being less than half a demon can't get a full DT. So that would suck. But then, we don't know for certain that Nero is less than a half demon, so anything's possible.

wasnt sparda a demon of ancient times?

doesnt that make vergil and dante 29 of age only inn appearence?so i mean you can guess tht how old they really are.

tht means vergil and dante can be older there by making nero some sort of son of vergil rest assured..

i mean how can capcom just say sparda was 2000 years b4 the story yet he had children and not desendents who r right next to the present time

Dante and Vergil were born in the 20th century, when Sparda returned to earth. Dante really is 29 in DMC4, as I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by Capcom.
Eva (Dante's mother) died when he was eight, and Trish said in DMC1: ''You're the man who lost a mother and a brother to evil twenty years ago, the son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda, Mr Dante''. That means Dante is 28 in DMC1.

Sparda, it would seem, was indeed 2000 years old. Well, not necessarily; keep in mind that he was presumably sealed away before he returned in the 20th century, sort of like a state of cryogenic slumber.

Railazel

Dante and Vergil were born in the 20th century, when Sparda returned to earth. Dante really is 29 in DMC4, as I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by Capcom.
Eva (Dante's mother) died when he was eight, and Trish said in DMC1: ''You're the man who lost a mother and a brother to evil twenty years ago, the son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda, Mr Dante''. That means Dante is 28 in DMC1.

Sparda, it would seem, was indeed 2000 years old. Well, not necessarily; keep in mind that he was presumably sealed away before he returned in the 20th century, sort of like a state of cryogenic slumber.
Seemingly, at some point, he also began ruling over the human world.

shaoren

well i nvr played dmc1 or 2 as it wasnt on pc or ps3 but will get the hd collection..

well sparda was just one demon,i mean thr can be thousands of other demons who came to the human world and things happened among which,nero's father was some blood relative to sparda i mean who knows if sparda had a relative or not..

possibility is anything and capcom already messed it up.....instead fo this new dmc devil may cry,they should've gone back to the past where it all happened with sparda and mundus and evrything

Railazel

well i nvr played dmc1 or 2 as it wasnt on pc or ps3 but will get the hd collection..

well sparda was just one demon,i mean thr can be thousands of other demons who came to the human world and things happened among which,nero's father was some blood relative to sparda i mean who knows if sparda had a relative or not..

possibility is anything and capcom already messed it up.....instead fo this new dmc devil may cry,they should've gone back to the past where it all happened with sparda and mundus and evrything

Considering that demons act in clans, the theory is highly possible. One time, I made up the idea that Beowulf, Bolverk (DMC2), and Sparda were part of the same clan.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
[quote
Nero probably wasn't made by Mundus, since MUNDUS IS DEAD, and if he isn't, then Nero hasn't been brainwashed as far as I can tell.
quote]
i mean look a trish if he can make someone look that old then he could make nero and mundus was controlling him but his power was weakened in dmc1 while in dmc4 neros arm was gaining power (before lady hears news about the order or off fourtuna ) the dante arives years later and neros arm has a great amount of power and that is the start of dmc4 ? it might be far fetched but if u think of all other theorys this would probaly reach top 10 or 15 lol

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
Considering that demons act in clans, the theory is highly possible. One time, I made up the idea that Beowulf, Bolverk (DMC2), and Sparda were part of the same clan.
does beowolf not say that he is out to kill the sons of sparda for the sins of the father or something like that its been a while sence ive played that game i lost my copy so now all im left with is dmc4 lol

Railazel

does beowolf not say that he is out to kill the sons of sparda for the sins of the father or something like that its been a while sence ive played that game i lost my copy so now all im left with is dmc4 lol
Yeah, he said he wants vengeance for Sparda's betrayal, so when Dante shows up he tries to kill him.

But then that got me thinking, "Out of all the demons in the tower, he's the most angered out of all them, why?" I could only suppose that Beowulf and Sparda had a strong relationship and now Beowulf's mad because Sparda sealed him up in the tower. Its sort of like how Kratos' brother began hating him because of all the good things (being a general, becoming a god, etc.) that had happened to Kratos when he had promised to save him.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nero could be Sparda's descendant or... maybe a cousin of Dante who is from a different family that is related to Sparda.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
Nero could be Sparda's descendant or...
I thought that was already hinted in game...

Sanctus: "Held back by love. Such a shame. Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood of Sparda. While not in Dante’s league you still presented a harder fight than I had anticipated."
Nero: "Dante…?"
Sanctus: "I had originally intended to absorb him into our Savior, but circumstance presenting I’d rather choose the option at hand. When your blood and this sword are combined, we will be able to proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal!"
From DmC 4 before the Savior absorbs him...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought that was already hinted in game...

From DmC 4 before the Savior absorbs him...

Alright I was wrong. Nero must've been raised by Vergil and a human (who Verge never told Dante or the family about) before DMC3. Then later on, Vergil's spirit must've been transfered within Nero's burned arm during the attack.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Did I also forget about Berial saying...

"You are just like he was..." Does he mean Vergil?"

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
[quote="
But then that got me thinking, "Out of all the demons in the tower, he's the most angered out of all them, why?" I could only suppose that Beowulf and Sparda had a strong relationship and now Beowulf's mad because Sparda sealed him up in the tower. Its sort of like how Kratos' brother began hating him because of all the good things (being a general, becoming a god, etc.) that had happened to Kratos when he had promised to save him.[/quote]
yea i do suppose that but he could only be angered because sparda betrayed the entire domonic race and sealed him in teme negrue ( spelling not sure ). but lets not rule anything out as it has not been realesed at all. I i dont mind what the truth is as long as they release it :)

Selutu

But then that got me thinking, "Out of all the demons in the tower, he's the most angered out of all them, why?" I could only suppose that Beowulf and Sparda had a strong relationship and now Beowulf's mad because Sparda sealed him up in the tower. Its sort of like how Kratos' brother began hating him because of all the good things (being a general, becoming a god, etc.) that had happened to Kratos when he had promised to save him.
It is pretty much what you said, and in actual fact, Beowulf was the closest demon to Sparda. Beowulf is mad because Sparda betrayed the entire demon race, including Beowulf...

Ana

So basically, the (likely/somewhat plausible) options are:

1) Someone in the Order, but not working under Sanctus or Agnus (possibly before they came to power), created Nero as a "replica" of their Savior

(If we exclude the novel, we don't know how long Sanctus was in power. If his predecessor was as nuts as he was, then there's no reason why that predecessor's research couldn't have been hidden from Sanctus. If we do include the novel, then Sanctus came to power by poisoning his predecessor and probably then proceeded to eliminate his most loyal followers, who may have in a fit of spite hidden the result of their research - Nero - from Sanctus.

(And on that subject, was Sanctus ever actually surprised that Nero had Sparda's blood? As far as I remember, he just says that he wanted to use Dante, who is stronger, but Nero will do fine. This may have been the backup plan all along. In that case, the only one who didn't know but should have is Agnus. Maybe Sanctus didn't trust him all that much after all and maybe Agnus hadn't been "in on things" when Nero was created 16-ish years ago.)

2) Nero is a descendant of Sparda through another human woman an unknown number of years in the past

(This would mean he's got less demon blood than Dante. I personally don't feel that claims that he's weaker than Dante are accurate. Remember, we should be measuring him up to DMC3 Dante, who faced a very similar challenge - a human who became a demon and then tried to gain Sparda's power. Also, everyone - absolutely everyone - needs a special weapon to trigger, usually a Devil Arm, but also Rebellion and Yamato. Nero doesn't have one of those until Yamato. I know people complain about Nero's lower regen rate, but we don't actually know if it is lower. The one time we see him injured in a cutscene, those lances are left inside him for most of the time.)

schaik01

has anyone ever considered that maybe nero's inception isn't necessarily that of a newborn or a clone?

maybe vergil's being was split into two separate entities due to mundus's control: perhaps it was right down the middle like human and devil? we get nelo angelo as a devil shell of vergil who still retained some of his humanity; proven when he sees the amulet. and perhaps a younger more innocent albeit less powerful (no full DT) vergil with a spirit resembling nelo angelo and a demonic arm.

now we're looking back a little around dmc 3 for vergil. assuming it was around that time that he was taken over by mundus. this would be where a young nero formed from the split. it says kyrie and credo raised him from youth. anyone have specific numbers?

Selutu

So basically, the (likely/somewhat plausible) options are:

1) Someone in the Order, but not working under Sanctus or Agnus (possibly before they came to power), created Nero as a "replica" of their Savior

(If we exclude the novel, we don't know how long Sanctus was in power. If his predecessor was as nuts as he was, then there's no reason why that predecessor's research couldn't have been hidden from Sanctus. If we do include the novel, then Sanctus came to power by poisoning his predecessor and probably then proceeded to eliminate his most loyal followers, who may have in a fit of spite hidden the result of their research - Nero - from Sanctus.

(And on that subject, was Sanctus ever actually surprised that Nero had Sparda's blood? As far as I remember, he just says that he wanted to use Dante, who is stronger, but Nero will do fine. This may have been the backup plan all along. In that case, the only one who didn't know but should have is Agnus. Maybe Sanctus didn't trust him all that much after all and maybe Agnus hadn't been "in on things" when Nero was created 16-ish years ago.)

2) Nero is a descendant of Sparda through another human woman an unknown number of years in the past

(This would mean he's got less demon blood than Dante. I personally don't feel that claims that he's weaker than Dante are accurate. Remember, we should be measuring him up to DMC3 Dante, who faced a very similar challenge - a human who became a demon and then tried to gain Sparda's power. Also, everyone - absolutely everyone - needs a special weapon to trigger, usually a Devil Arm, but also Rebellion and Yamato. Nero doesn't have one of those until Yamato. I know people complain about Nero's lower regen rate, but we don't actually know if it is lower. The one time we see him injured in a cutscene, those lances are left inside him for most of the time.)
1). That could be possible, but it just seems un-likely...
2) That's a high possibility, seems really logical... Also didn't Sanctus state that Nero is not in Dante's League? Or is that just a matter of opinion?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
he came from his mother who could either be......miss vergil, trish, lady, lucia or charlie sheens wife

then he was born with a demon hand and grew up then went to that place

Top Bottom